Port arrival and departure time question

Mypascalina

I have read several threads about port times and I am still confused. We are leaving from Tampa, Florida. We are arriving in Cozumel at 7am. Does this mean 7am Cozumel time?

If the ship stays on Florida time then the ship time would be 8am but in Cozumel it would be 7am. Is that correct?

Thank you for helping me understand this.

I have read several threads about port times and I am still confused. We are leaving from Tampa, Florida. We are arriving in Cozumel at 7am. Does this mean 7am Cozumel time?

If the ship stays on Florida time then the ship time would be 8am but in Cozumel it would be 7am. Is that correct?

Thank you for helping me understand this.

It will depend on the captain. Some will change time , some won't.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

There is a 1hr time zone change between Florida ports and Cozumel. Whether or not the ships time changes is entirely dependent on the policy of the cruise line. Princess and Celebrity for instance tend to observe local time but not all lines do so.

We have sailed on Princess cruises where the clocks on the ship did not change to match local time. The only time it was a problem was when we had booked an independent excursion in Costa Rica. The ship was an hour ahead of local time. Our tour guide did not realize it and was late picking us up. We still had plenty of time to do everything planned.

Most cruise lines go with local time. Carnival does not in all cases. Which cruise line are you on?

Keith

Royal Caribbean. I understand that the ship may stay on Florida time or may not. But when they say you arrive at 7am, is that local time or the time the ship is using?

Thank you