Cruise ship models of Royal Caribbean.

On board, pretty bad, IMO. If you want an excellent model, get one from here (unfortunately, no Vision Class though): http://scherbakshipmodels.tripod.com/id106.html

They're not cheap but I absolutely love the one (Solstice) I have. I will get another (Navigator), once they begin producing that one again. I just can't let the other half know how much they cost ;)

Edited by PRgymnast

Only onboard... they are not really worth buying. I doubt they have a "real" scale at all. And no there´s only one model for each ship. You will find the same type of model also on NCL ships (same supplier). I think they sell for app. 39 Dollar.

steamboats

They are not models.

Just plaster miniature replicas.

We bought a few of them.

It was ok when they were $24 a few years ago.

Last cruise I think they were $39 or something stupidly high.

And they are now smaller. in size

That was the end of that collection...

How do the Cruise ship models look they sell onboard? Thanks,

We have a ship model from each of the cruise ships we have been on - bought from the ships store. They are plaster of paris replicas and look nice lined up in display. They are not models per se but are what they are. We like them.

The plaster model versions of the Allure & Oasis are huge in comparison to those sold depicting other ships. They have gotten overpriced, so I too quit collecting them.

I have to two big ones from Oasis and Allure. I went back on Oasis about a month ago and they now have the cheap smaller ones.

The larger Allure and Oasis models were only available during their inaugural seasons. I love my fleet of models (from onboard the ships). I only need Indy, Adventure, Navigator and Mariner to complete my collection (until the Quantum ships come out). :)

The larger Allure and Oasis models were only available during their inaugural seasons. I love my fleet of models (from onboard the ships). I only need Indy, Adventure, Navigator and Mariner to complete my collection (until the Quantum ships come out). :)

I got my allure one about a year and a half after the inaugural season.

I see them on E-bay occasionally. Too bad I decided to collect them after our first cruise as Celebrity has sold that ship and I can't find the "model" anywhere.......

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Forums mobile app

Edited by STEVE-O

Does anyone know where they have small glass or crystal ships? I once saw one in a store on one of the ships I was on and I'm sorry I sent by it at the time because now I can't find one. It would look great in my curio cabinet

check the Swarovski catalog

Does anyone know where they have small glass or crystal ships? I once saw one in a store on one of the ships I was on and I'm sorry I sent by it at the time because now I can't find one. It would look great in my curio cabinet

How do you like this one?

IMGP0173.jpg

Royal gives this away for free ... sort of.

Thats sad, i will look for one on the web.

Hey, I buy them when we cruise and I think they look pretty decent. Sure they're not $250 models but crap, who can afford those? For $25 I think they look pretty neat and I have a couple over my liquor cabinet.