Azamara please don't disappoint us again

Phxazzcruisers

+1

I am leaving for our cruise in AM and am anxiously awaiting the news. I hope it won't be 6 months in coming, like the last one :D

I am very far from being a cheer leader for Azamara but even I did not expect that there would be no statement issued, notwithstanding the promise to do so.i do hope that something will come through for you, paulchilli!

An incredible niche cruise line with exceptional staff and service on board, but let down by shoreside operations that just seem to continually drop the ball.

This is a golden opportunity for shoreside management to try and restore faith in their support services. Don't let this one pass you by.

ETA: You don't have to be a genius to forecast that if Azmaara promise a newsletter by Thursday and it doesn't appear, when it finally comes out with reasonably good news, the response will be "better late than never". Don't give specific forecasts if you can't meet them.

Edited by ikelmay

Please be patient with us just a little bit longer. Our plans were to send out the first Le Club Voyage monthly e-newsletter today, but turns out it is not quite ready for its debut. It has been held up in design.

But do be patient...you will not be sorry.

We now expect it no later than Monday.

But Monday is not today and it was promised today., just give us the info we want, are the perks changing back or not...STOP THE MARKETING SPIN AND STOP INSULTING US WITH BS!!!

Well said. I had Azamara booked for New Zealand 2016, but after following this thread switched to Oceania. It just is not good business to neck customers around.

Please be patient with us just a little bit longer. Our plans were to send out the first Le Club Voyage monthly e-newsletter today, but turns out it is not quite ready for its debut. It has been held up in design.

Thanks for the update Bonnie. Wish we knew why there's such an aversion to breaking news with us, as whatever the plans are, they must be formalized by now. This forum has some of your most passionate and loyal cruisers on the 'net, so it would have been nice to give us a preview of what's to come. At any rate, if we must wait another few days, so be it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday, but please don't ask me to hold my breath... because I'm not doing it :). Have a good weekend.

Edited by Host Andy

Just sticking my beak in, I have not paid the deposit on my river cruise yet so still watching.

First - the delay on the newsletter is probably because they made changes at the last minute and some numpty did not realise it's not that easy to change a whole newsletter once set out. Commonly overlooked by marketing departments who only focus on their bit, content.

Lastly - Given we live in an electronic communication age and evidenced by the emails and FB/other sites of everyone inc cruise lines, they know this is the way it is! The printed version does not have to be exactly the same format as the online published one. The glossy is usually bandwidth heavy due to its layout and the need for 'locked' structure. News flashes such as the original announcement was released so ?? Better that a fast version is developed before the glossy one and that way deadlines will always be achieved in one media at least.

Yvonne

Bonnie,

Thank you for updating us. You are in an invidious position and your candour is appreciated.

BUT, this is a terribly lame excuse. It is perfectly possible that the design of the newsletter is not quite perfect and so not ready to distribute. However there is nothing to preclude Azamara releasing the information that was scheduled for Thursday.:confused:

Don't management understand that we so want them to deliver but these continual boobs lead them to be flamed.

Your hint though that we won't be sorry at least allows me to remain positive.

Appreciate the update Bonnie but surely someone in Azamara must have known well before now that this update was not going to be made as promised and as soon as that was known it would have been advisable to tell everyone, rather than (as in the case of the UK) the day after.

I've always told my sales team to honour their commitments, especially with regards to timing but if for any reason it proves impossible to do so, they must advise the client IMMEDIATELY they know there is a problem.

So Laraine, if its the updated LCV changes, can you tell us what those changes are please? I am guessing they may be tweaked again for the Monday announcement but it would be interesting to know the broad brush of the changes now.

And I hope your having a great cruise on Quest.

Has Azamara Shore side not learnt anything? I know a very professional marketing person who's mantra is always "under promise but then over deliver".

Just sticking my beak in, I have not paid the deposit on my river cruise yet so still watching.

First - the delay on the newsletter is probably because they made changes at the last minute and some numpty did not realise it's not that easy to change a whole newsletter once set out. Commonly overlooked by marketing departments who only focus on their bit, content.

Yvonne

This post made me smile.

One of my daughters is a Communications Officer at a very large institution and that's exactly her experience in a number of instances. Others insist: why it's only a SMALL change so, in their minds, it should be a small fix! :)

Regardless, in the long run, it's the content of the announcement that matters.