NCL cancels $99 VIP Upgrade

rhinomike

How do you feel about NCL canceling the $99 VIP upgrade?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about NCL canceling the $99 VIP upgrade?

• I'm glad they cancelled it.
    • I'm not happy they cancelled. I was looking forward to trying it out.
    • I don't care either way.

Lol. Yes I am. In fact we have been together since we were in high school. She was 15. Today is our 18 year anniversary and we have been together over 21 years.

That's wonderful. I was just teasing you. I have been married to my soul mate for 29 years

Have a very happy anniversary.

Edited by FootballParent

That's wonderful. I was just teasing you. I have been married to my soul mate for 29 years ��

Have a very happy anniversary.

29 years - wow! I honestly did not think you were that old. I figured you were my age. That doesn't sound right ... I'm not saying you're old LOL

We'll it has been a few days and I must say I'm surprised. I thought the No's would prevail. I was wrong. The Yes I'm glad its gone has doubled the No's. Interesting.

Yes, that was a lot of hysteria over something that it looks like only 20% of people would even be interested in trying. "Masses" indeed.

That was fast. I just read about the $99 VIP package a few days ago. It's gone already?!

Yep, two days after they officially told about it here they announced that it has been discontinued and the idea re-evaluated.

Edited by Demonyte

Maybe what we say here makes a difference again!

I bet they know a LOT about us CCers. They know who is a suite cruiser' date=' who is not, who spends $$$$$ onboard and who spends $. Maybe CC is a free way to do market research! [/size']

Um, no. :(

Flatter ourselves as we may, a $7.4B-market-cap company is rather unlikely to base its decisions on the postings on a message board with self-selected participants. No matter how many emoticons or outsized comic-sans typefaces we use.

Um, no. :(

Flatter ourselves as we may, a $7.4B-market-cap company is rather unlikely to base its decisions on the postings on a message board with self-selected participants. No matter how many emoticons or outsized comic-sans typefaces we use.

You would be surprised. There's an article in Cruise Critic's news section today about Azamara restoring some loyalty program perks they had taken away. The negative reaction of many Cruise Critic and social media posters was cited by Azamara's CEO as a factor in their decision to restore the perks. He even said they were going to form a Cruise Critic advisory board. Read about it here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6006

As to NCL, we know that NCL public relations representatives monitor this board and post on it, often in response to similar types of controversies (just look at the recent thread on the $99 VIP package NCL had been offering but now has discontinued). You can bet that the PR reps report back to the senior executives and that what is posted here can be a contributing factor in the decision making process in MIami.

Edited by njhorseman

Why would the cruise lines pay for consultants and focus groups when they can get all the unvarnished dirt here, straight from people who know their ships?

Sure, it's not a "broad" sampling, but how are they going to get one of those anyway, except through comment cards? Even those are skewed, because the respondents already liked the line enough to cruise with it.

Here, they also see what newbies wonder about and why they haven't cruised yet.

I think it's a smart move for the cruise lines to lurk here, other forums, and blogs because we often know what's going on before the suits at HQ do. Whenever I see some cruise ship incident in the news, I immediately check CC because chances are someone is onboard the ship providing CCers a real-time feed.

And the lines who host Meet & Mingles on their ships for CCers are trying to cultivate positive relationships with a segment of passengers willling to put their opinions online. Why not try to make those opinions favorable and get the free plugs?

Seems like a win-win to me.

Edited by LuvBNatC
typo