Elite - Pick Your Perk

Cruisin MarcnFran

Good morning...

Is it worth it to choose the beverage package on the PYP if your at this level? This promotion is expiring and I have to pull the trigger.

Are you able to use a FCC for this promotion or does it stipulate 'new' bookings only?

Thanks in advance.

Fran

I assume you are referring to the free drinks at dinner for Elite level. Beverge package includes drinks all day, fresh squeezed OJ, sodas, specialty coffees, beer wine at dinner and bottled water. If all you want is a few drinks before dinner, the beverage package is a waste.

Not sure what you mean by using FCC.

I assume you are referring to the free drinks at dinner for Elite level. Beverge package includes drinks all day, fresh squeezed OJ, sodas, specialty coffees, beer wine at dinner and bottled water. If all you want is a few drinks before dinner, the beverage package is a waste.

Not sure what you mean by using FCC.

Guess the beverage package would work. I love espresso and bottled water.

FCC is a future cruise credit.

Thank you for responding.

"I assume you are referring to the free drinks at dinner for Elite level"

There are no free drinks at dinner for Elite level. I think you meant to write free drinks before dinner. The Elite cocktail party is from 5-7. Even when vouchers are in use, they are not valid in the dining rooms.

Guess the beverage package would work. I love espresso and bottled water.

FCC is a future cruise credit.

Thank you for responding.

You can get evian as part of the three free Elite drinks at happy hour or at any bar that accepts vouchers between 5-7. I did it on Reflection in May.

1) Yes, you can use a FCC to book a cruise and get the PYP or other similar programs.

2) There are many threads dealing with the beveridge package and whether or not it's worth it if you are Elite. Search the threads and decide for yourself. Even though we get the evening happy hour each night my DW and I found that the package was worth more to us than the other items being offered. Between a morning latte, free water, the odd beer around the pool along with drinks during dinner and after dinner all came out to more value for us. We never came close to the disclosed value of the package however.

If you choose pre paid gratuities they are worth $12. Pp per day. If you each normally would have 1 or 2 espresso's, a water or 2 and maybe a glass of wine with dinner your beverage cost would in the range of $14-20 each plus the 15% gratuities.

So even if you don't drink the "cost" of the package it is still worth more than the prepaid gratuities.