Celebrity CEO

mcrcruiser

Just my thoughts, but.....

I don't think many large company CEO's answer emails unless they know the person that wrote them. Rightfully so I think, since most requests/complaints aren't ones that affect Celebrity on a corporate level, more so they are issues that affect a small segment/department or individuals experience.

I've always found you have a much better chance of reaching any CEO by sending a written letter to his/her office that someone has to sign for. Emails I guess come in by the hundreds every day I would guess (loud music, more music, more deck chairs, no smoking, more smoking, lost luggage, website issues, more mah jong, bigger bingo prizes), you name it I'm sure they get them all.

I can't imagine the sheer volume any CEO might get, and it would probably be a full time job to just answer them.

I think most company's set it up like Celebrity does, where they have a group of customer service people that screen the emails and send them to the appropriate department just like the Celebrity Cruises liason on cruise critic does. and when some issues warrant sending to the CEO, they do so.

I'm sure like most CEO's he gets a sampling of what his customers are thinking from his social media team and trends of email/written letters addressed to the CEO

Edited by johhnnyt

I believe that emails sent to the "contact Michael" address are read and then forwarded to the proper department for reaction and response. I have found the addition of this contact address and follow up to be one of the most significant and positive changes since Michael Bayley became President. These boards are full of examples where customers thanked and praised Celebrity for their responses.

I believe that emails sent to the "contact Michael" address are read and then forwarded to the proper department for reaction and response. I have found the addition of this contact address and follow up to be one of the most significant and positive changes since Michael Bayley became President. These boards are full of examples where customers thanked and praised Celebrity for their responses.

Thanks:) so far we received a standard reply that our e-mail has been received & we will receive a future reply .

Hello, can we assist by chance?

Our e-mail to Mr Bayley asked about the Sept 4 ,2015 Infiniti cruise to Alaska . We are hearing that it has been sold to a Charter for some shorter duration than the 14 day cruise .We just like to know where we stand . Our thread under Infiniti sailings on cruise critic has a lot of people in doubt & all we want is a answer whether or not our cruise to Alaska will continue or not

We all would appreciate a true answer to our inquiry ;as people who have b2b cruises including the Panama Canal are saying that they would cancel that cruise if the Alaska cruise is cancelled .Just read the posts on the Sept 4,2015 Infiniti Alaska cruise posted on cruise critic.

Edited by mcrcruiser

Sent email at 8 :00 this am and received a phone call from Tandy(sp?) at 11:00. I was cobsmacked. My concern was about the Sept 04, 2015 Infinity sailing. She said something was up, but she was not sure what. She said she was checking with their deployment department and would get back to me.

She was very professional and sounded very sincere, her job is to answer "contactMichael" e-mails. She also said "the more e mails she get, about this matter the harder she can press for answers".

I was happy with her very quick response, but did not get a good feeling about our 09/04/2015 cruise.

Sent email at 8 :00 this am and received a phone call from Tandy(sp?) at 11:00. I was cobsmacked. My concern was about the Sept 04, 2015 Infinity sailing. She said something was up, but she was not sure what. She said she was checking with their deployment department and would get back to me.

She was very professional and sounded very sincere, her job is to answer "contactMichael" e-mails. She also said "the more e mails she get, about this matter the harder she can press for answers".

I was happy with her very quick response, but did not get a good feeling about our 09/04/2015 cruise.

In my opinion when you get a response like you described ,I would definitely agree about your feeling . ;)

My question to Celebrity will be why does it take them so long to answer with the truth :rolleyes:

Just as an FYI, her name is Tanji and yes she is very professional, efficient, sincere, helpful and nice. Edited by NLH Arizona

Hi Everyone,

I've had a couple of conversations with Tanji. She's very professional, courteous, and is genuinely interested in listening to guest concerns. IMO, she's a huge asset to Celebrity.

Just got off the phone with Tanji. She said the deployment office told her they had an offer to charter the Infinity for a period of time that conflicted with the 14 night Infinity Alaskan cruise (04/18 Sept, 2015).

At this time they are undecided as to what they are going to do. Maybe they will cancel our cruise and maybe they won't. Maybe they will let us know next week and maybe they'll wait til just before final payment.

Their callous attitude and actions may cost them mine and others future cruise business, but to them, it's just part of the price of doing business. Not for canceling our cruise to make an extra dollar, but for not informing us of the fact.....

Just got off the phone with Tanji. She said the deployment office told her they had an offer to charter the Infinity for a period of time that conflicted with the 14 night Infinity Alaskan cruise (04/18 Sept, 2015).

At this time they are undecided as to what they are going to do. Maybe they will cancel our cruise and maybe they won't. Maybe they will let us know next week and maybe they'll wait til just before final payment.

Their callous attitude and actions may cost them mine and others future cruise business, but to them, it's just part of the price of doing business. Not for canceling our cruise to make an extra dollar, but for not informing us of the fact.....

Tanji also returned my e-mail with her phone call ;however ,we were not in & she left a message on our phone answering machine . We just returned her call & she was not at her phone ,so we left a message .That being said the information she gave you is definitely not good & we agree that Celebrity looses face by not being up front & holding people's deposit money & screwing with their vacation plans:rolleyes::eek:

Did Tanji in fact tell you that 'Maybe they will let us know next week and maybe they'll wait til just before final payment.' Or is this what you think could happen?

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr