posh v regular on Epic

trish1c

$59 seems like a lot of money for a lounger. What exactly do you get for all this effort / money?

I'm the only real sun worshipper in our group. I have a feeling if I get this, I'll just end up isolating myself & even during the few minutes other want to be in the sun they will be elsewhere.

Just how fabulous is posh?

You are located on top deck, so no obstruction to sun.

There are always places available without looking, unlike elsewhere.

There is a dedicated bar for that area.

You can attend sailaway party with free drinks and snacks.

They periodically hand out fresh fruit skewers and cold towels during

the day.

You can also look at the mass of humanity squeezed onto pool deck below.

All the way forward on deck 18 is the quiet zone. It has padded loungers and is free! You can either take the forward stairs or take the elevator on 15 near the pool and go up to 18. Keep walking forward and you will find this nifty place. Very sunny and little shade.

You get this....Ahhhhh.....private bar with excellent service (lunch is available!), loungers, misters if you get hot. Best part is it overlooks the pool deck so you still hear the music if you want (stay to the back of Posh and you won't hear it). Fresh fruit, cool towels. It really is my favorite place!!!

posh_zps36d3507e.jpg

We debated getting Posh passes on Epic, as we got Vibe passes on Breakaway, and loved the area. (which had 2 hottubs and shower area, which Posh doesn't have) As we are cruising during Christmas week, we decided the $59 x 4 of us is well worth the money, rather than fighting the chair hogs around the ship.

Are places limited on the Posh deck so I will always be guaranteed a sunbed?

I think I read somewhere that they only sell a few of these passes (20?) & you have to rush to the purser's desk upon boarding to get one.

You may not always find a flat bed available, but you will always be able to find some kind of seating. Posh is open to Haven guests and to the people who bought the passes. As mentioned above, most sailings it is twenty passes, but that might vary depending on how many people are in the Haven.

Posh is one of the main reasons we are sailing on the Epic next year. We loved it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Single Cruiser

When you have so many countdown clocks in your signature please make sure there is a space line between # 2 and #3 and between # 4 and #5.

Your signature is showing 4 countdown clocks along one line (with no space line) and we are having to use horizontal scroll to read the posts in the thread you have posted.

I like to see posters' signatures so I do not want to turn off the signatures.

Thanks!

$59 seems like a lot of money for a lounger. What exactly do you get for all this effort / money?

I'm the only real sun worshipper in our group. I have a feeling if I get this, I'll just end up isolating myself & even during the few minutes other want to be in the sun they will be elsewhere.

Just how fabulous is posh?

It is well worth the cost you will pay.

However you will end up isolating yourself and your fellow cruiser will definitely be in the sun elsewhere. If this is important and you can't convince your fellow cruiser to also purchase posh passes, then it may not be something you should do.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your cruise.

We got the Posh passes for our EPIC transatlantic in Oct 2012 and we LOVED our time there - we were there for some hours most days - I read 5 books whilst there.

If a cruise is a port insensitive you might want to think about it, but on a cruise with many sea days it's a MUST!!

Single Cruiser

When you have so many countdown clocks in your signature please make sure there is a space line between # 2 and #3 and between # 4 and #5.

Your signature is showing 4 countdown clocks along one line (with no space line) and we are having to use horizontal scroll to read the posts in the thread you have posted.

I like to see posters' signatures so I do not want to turn off the signatures.

Thanks!

Is that better now. Not sure what device/ app you are using to view the boards as mine shows them in s block 2 wide unless I add spaces

Is that better now. Not sure what device/ app you are using to view the boards as mine shows them in s block 2 wide unless I add spaces

I'm using Win 7 PC - I have wide monitor.

Thanks for amending your signature - it's easier to read the thread.

We both were on same Epic TA in 2012 but never met. We loved both TAs on Epic and wanted to go on another, but decided to venture elsewhere ...

Hope we meet on some cruise in the future.

There is a whole section aft Port side that is under the entourage lounge that is in the shade.

Just checked the deck plans - looks like it is Spice H2O area - adults only :(

Not that the kids will be hanging out with us too much, but we need to be in an area where they can come to see us if they need anything. :) Any other suggestions please?

• 2 months later...
You are located on top deck, so no obstruction to sun.

There are always places available without looking, unlike elsewhere.

There is a dedicated bar for that area.

You can attend sailaway party with free drinks and snacks.

They periodically hand out fresh fruit skewers and cold towels during

the day.

You can also look at the mass of humanity squeezed onto pool deck below.

That made me laugh! Thanks. :D;)

As for free drinks are all non alcoholic but you can order liquor/beer from the bar.

There is also NO kids allowed which is a big selling point for us.

I would like to ask for some clarification on your post.

I am a booked Haven guest with kids. I was told by NCL we "all" have access to this area. I was told the only Adults only area was Spice H20.

Who's butt do I need to be kicking here?