Collectors cruises

mancunian

Then I will need to start looking for these Collectors cruises. We are sailing a two week plus a one week starting a week from tomorrow on the Ryndam - one booking, same cabin....but it doesn't say anything about being a Collectors - where does one see this designation....I haven't really noticed this on the different itineraries I have looked at.

But Ruth, I like your idea of collecting cruises the best!! :D

And - the discount with unique itineraries has my attention!

I only saw it in the Cruise Atlas. There's an online version available here:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/EBrochures.action

The Collector's Cruises are listed under each section (Alaska, Caribbean, Europe, etc.) and have a little icon next to them. Our upcoming cruise is a Collector's sailing, but it doesn't say that in our online reservation. I could only find it in the electronic brochure.

Just to be sure, if your star level changes on the first leg of a collectors cruise, the new benefits still don't kick in until after you disembark the ship?

Roy

We will know for sure in about 65 days. We'll hit 4 stars and Copper Medallion at almost exactly the same time.

Just to be sure, if your star level changes on the first leg of a collectors cruise, the new benefits still don't kick in until after you disembark the ship?

Roy

The new benefits do start with the next cruise following the one in which you achieve the new level.

The problem with consecutive cruises (be it back-to-back, Collectors', or changing ships the same day) is that the crediting of the days hasn't been processed, so it's not likely you'll get the new benefits unless you take some action. Some people have reported that they went to the Front Desk and worked it out at the beginning of the second cruise.

We will know for sure in about 65 days. We'll hit 4 stars and Copper Medallion at almost exactly the same time.

This is interesting....... :D

You'll turn 200 at the same time you turn 100 ! :)

Many moons ago we booked a 35 night cruise to the Far East as one cruise, but it was also shown as two on the HAL board. We were due to get to three stars on about day 5, so I wrote to the Mariner's helpline to ask about this. They said that as we were on a long cruise which was also listed as two they would upgrade us during the cruise and they did at the changeover date. I did take a copy of their reply with me in case but it was fine. It was really for the Pinnacle and Cannaletto both of which we enjoy that I did this.

The new benefits do start with the next cruise following the one in which you achieve the new level.

The problem with consecutive cruises (be it back-to-back, Collectors', or changing ships the same day) is that the crediting of the days hasn't been processed, so it's not likely you'll get the new benefits unless you take some action. Some people have reported that they went to the Front Desk and worked it out at the beginning of the second cruise.

Thanks. It's going to be a tight squeeze to get in my 200 credits by the first segment of that cruise, taking me close to what I usually spend on a cruise. The good news is that if any front desk is going to cooperate, it's likely the Prinsendam.

The bad news, especially if I don't get the perks on the last half of the cruise is that it will be some time until I return to HAL (I have 80 days on Crystal in 2016). I'll surely be back in 2017, but that's a long time from next June.

Roy

The good news is that if any front desk is going to cooperate, it's likely the Prinsendam.

Absolutely, positively agree with you on that. If any Front Desk can make it happen, the Front Desk on the Prinsendam can.

We were on the Zuiderdam two years ago on a B2B cruise that consisted of a 4-day cruise that was the tail end of a repo cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver and a 7-day Alaska cruise. While on board the 4-day, we received a letter stating it was a Collector's Cruise and were given two free dinners at the Pinnacle Grille. There were no discounts for the two cruises. We did receive a Mariner's tote bag and also the blue bag on the following cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 3 usings Forums mobile app.

Edited by kjw869

I am happy to report that we are officially on a Collectors Cruise ! Jan 4 - 18 2015 Niew Amsterdam eastern / western Carib . As per Ruth's advice I checked the pricing and yes there was a small discount compared to each week . What totally confirmed it was looking in my 2014-15 HAL cruise atlas that actually lists the Collector Cruises in a separate category .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app