Journey V1 or V2??

tromvest

I am a Celebrity cruiser considering an Azamara cruise for the first time for September 2016. I have been looking at the deck plans and with the new promotion will be able to upgrade to either the V1 or V2. To me, it looks like the V2 cabins are in the more desirable area of the ship but I must be incorrect as the V1's are a higher level category??

Can any of you who are Azamara cruisers educate me on which cabins are the most desirable and which cabins to stay away from on the Journey in either the V1 or V2 category.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Julie

I am a Celebrity cruiser considering an Azamara cruise for the first time for September 2016. I have been looking at the deck plans and with the new promotion will be able to upgrade to either the V1 or V2. To me, it looks like the V2 cabins are in the more desirable area of the ship but I must be incorrect as the V1's are a higher level category??

Can any of you who are Azamara cruisers educate me on which cabins are the most desirable and which cabins to stay away from on the Journey in either the V1 or V2 category.

Julie

V1 is on a higher deck, which traditionally was considered a better location -- I prefer not to have the pool area above me for noise reasons, so I certainly don't consider this a better location than V2 midship on deck 7.

Julie

We prefer the v2 as you are near the middle of the ship

V1 are towards the bow

Keep in mind that the laundry is beside 7076 and can be a little busy at times

Julie

I chose cabin 8000 on Quest which is a V1.

In looking at the deck plans, this cabin is forward enough that it isn't under the pool, so noise shouldn't be a problem. It also looks like it will be in a quiet area without much traffic.

My wife & I don't have problems with the motion of the ship, so being being forward a bit shouldn't be a problem for us.

I guess we'll find out if I made a good choice in 2 years when we sail. :)

Deck 8 is under the pool. It can be noisy.....walking, dancing, music, moving furniture. Deck 7 is the best. I have been on deck 7 Journey 3 times forward and midship. Avoid aft cabins....vibration can be annoying. Also avoid cabin on deck 7 near the laundry room.

You all are great! The more I look at it and read your suggestions I think maybe deck 7 in the mid section would be a good location. I want to stay away from the laundry room and need to book a triple just in case my son can join us.

I'm looking at 7061,7059,7057,7058,7056 or 7054

Avoid aft cabins....vibration can be annoying.

I dunno. We spent 28 days in June in Journey's veranda stateroom 8093--right on the stern--and had no problem at all with vibration--or noise from the outdoor buffet area above. Didn't hear any complaints from our neighbors in 8090, either.

You all are great! The more I look at it and read your suggestions I think maybe deck 7 in the mid section would be a good location. I want to stay away from the laundry room and need to book a triple just in case my son can join us.

I'm looking at 7061,7059,7057,7058,7056 or 7054

Hi Tromvest,

I'd also suggest deck 7 midship, or near the aft elevators. The only location I'd think twice about, is cabins that are adjacent to the laundry.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

So, do you think I should stay away from 7081,7079,7077 and 7075 as they are close to the laundry room but, according to the diagram, appear to be on the opposite side of the ship? Or is it just the ones that are right next to the laundry room, 7078,7076,7074 and 7072 that would be noisy and I should avoid?

Thanks so much for your help.

Julie

So, do you think I should stay away from 7081,7079,7077 and 7075 as they are close to the laundry room but, according to the diagram, appear to be on the opposite side of the ship? Or is it just the ones that are right next to the laundry room, 7078,7076,7074 and 7072 that would be noisy and I should avoid?

Julie

Just the even numbered verandas near the laundry.

Julie

Hi Julie,

To expand on Marinaro's comments, the 2 cabins closest to the laundry room are 7076 and 7078. That's the cabins I suggest avoiding, if possible. The others listed above, should be fine.

Hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy