Mediteranian cruise 2015

mackay12

Hi, anyone

Anyone has any plan to go on Mediteranian cruise next year, I could not find an itinerary which start from Venice , sail to Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Naple, Rome , France, Barcelona.

If someone already book the trio similar to these , please advice

Thanks,

Vera

Hi, anyone

Anyone has any plan to go on Mediteranian cruise next year, I could not find an itinerary which start from Venice , sail to Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Naple, Rome , France, Barcelona.

If someone already book the trio similar to these , please advice

Thanks,

Vera

Hi Mackay12,

Departing from Venice, Celebrity doesnt offer anything exactly like what you've mentioned above. The closest itinerary, is a 14 night Constellation sailing on July 19, 2015, which visits a number of ports in Croatia, Turkey and Greece.

Here's a link to the Venice departures : http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-search/search-results?isWidget=false&dest=ANY&sailStartDate=ANY&sailEndDate=ANY&ship=ANY&port=VCE

Hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Vera,

There is an itinerary that covers all the ports you mention, except for Venice, on Equinox that leaves from Istanbul on August 24th 2015. It's a 14 night sailing ending in Barcelona. Perhaps you could add a pre cruise stop in Venice before the cruise begins :confused:?

It's a rescheduled sailing, so wasn't initially in any brochures. May be worth taking a look to see if it fits your dates :)? We have booked this cruise as it's a wonderful itinerary (only my opinion, of course :D).

Hi, villauk

It looks like you have alot of experience on the cruise trip. May i ask for your advice

1. If i have a plan in mind to go on Mediteranin cruise next year, what i should start to looking at

2. Mostly I look at the cruise company which i like to go with, secondly the name of the ship, the port that start and ending of the trip, length of the trip, which month or week

3. Do the cruise company has only the trip on their brochure, anywhere else i should look at

4.how can you know their rescheduled sailing which differnt from their initially brochures

Thank you

Vera

Hi, villauk

It looks like you have alot of experience on the cruise trip. May i ask for your advice

1. If i have a plan in mind to go on Mediteranin cruise next year, what i should start to looking at

2. Mostly I look at the cruise company which i like to go with, secondly the name of the ship, the port that start and ending of the trip, length of the trip, which month or week

3. Do the cruise company has only the trip on their brochure, anywhere else i should look at

4.how can you know their rescheduled sailing which differnt from their initially brochures

Thank you

Vera

Vera,

I would sit down and make a list of the places you want to visit and don't want to miss. Then consider available dates and lastly ships (in a port intensive cruise, you won't be spending too much time on the ship. Saying that, S class ships are beautiful :)). I wouldn't discount an itinerary just because it doesn't include one particular place - you can always add a few days pre cruise to any itinerary.

The Equinox is an excellent sailing as you don't often get to visit Istanbul and Barcelona on the same itinerary, most conclude in Rome. This cruise also offers a brilliant mix of countries and experiences. From the historical Rome, Athens, Ephesus and Delos to the beauty of Monaco, Dubrovnik, Florence and Provence :). Additionally, being at the end of August/beginning of September should mean the temperatures won't be as severe as July/early August ;), definitely a consideration when sightseeing in Europe. Your return flights may be slightly less expensive too (September is not as high season as August).

I know this is an added itinerary as the preceding cruise is a charter and Celebrity have obviously had to readjust their sailings to accommodate the alteration. Check out the Celebrity site and you can see all the cruises for Europe in any particular month.

I'm unsure which country you book your cruises from, but currently (today is the last day), there is an offer running if booking through the US. Pick Your Perk promotion allows you to choose either a free beverage package, OBC or free gratuities for the first 2 guests, and because this is a European sailing, you can also combine with the September Sailaway promotion of an additional $300 OBC (not possible if you are booking more than 2 in a cabin as it is more beneficial to receive the 3rd & 4th reduced rates) :). I've posted the link below.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/home?wuc=USA

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/pick-your-perk?icid=hp_bt_pckyrp_1408_spyp_lk_795230

I'm unsure of the Australian offers :confused:; you would have to contact Celebrity/your TA in Australia if you book there. We reserve through our US TA and I'm not allowed to quote their details under CC rules, sorry.

Hope this helps :).

Mr Sloop & I are interested in a similar Itinerary for 2016 or 2017... We fell in love with the idea after reading Trip Reports by other CC Members who had done similar itineraries starting in Venice, with stops in Eastern European cities along the Adriatic, into the Med, stops in Greece & Malta, before rounding the bottom of Italy's boot with stops along the way before ending in Rome.

Unfortunately, we may have missed the boat on this.

In previous years, Celebrity's Solstice - Eclipse - and Silhouette have done some of these itineraries.

Not sure what is going to happen in 2015, after the fallout of Venice's recent announcement regarding their ban on large cruise ships in the historic city.

See this Telegraph article from 6 weeks ago = http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11023451/Italy-to-ban-large-cruise-ships-in-Venice.html

As this just happened hard to say if the cruises on the books for Summer 2015 with various lines will go ahead with the necessary changes or be outright cancelled / reroutes etc.

Like it or not, this is going to change the face of the cruise industry in Venice for ships in the 40,000 tonnes & up category, not just for Celebrity* but all Cruise Lines.

* Celebrity's M-Class Ships are all 91,000 tonnes, and S-Class Ships are all 122,000 tonnes or more. And the sizes of these ships are comparable to other cruise lines and their ships that ply the Mediterranean. So choice is about to decrease considerably :(

Sorry, I don't have better news

My suggestion is just keep an eye on the news (Cruise Critic's Home Page is a good place to start)... And if you do decide to make an early booking on spec, make sure you have good Travel / Cancellation Insurance... And air tickets that are not non-findable or cannot be changed

Cheers!

Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com. From the second list of ports, choose the places you want to visit, and then your time frame. It will show you who is calling there, and their itineraries. Cruising the Med is very port intensive, and the ports matter more than the ship. It's expensive to get to the Med, from the US or from Australia, so make the most of the opportunity. EM

Mr Sloop & I are interested in a similar Itinerary for 2016 or 2017... We fell in love with the idea after reading Trip Reports by other CC Members who had done similar itineraries starting in Venice, with stops in Eastern European cities along the Adriatic, into the Med, stops in Greece & Malta, before rounding the bottom of Italy's boot with stops along the way before ending in Rome.

In previous years, Celebrity's Solstice - Eclipse - and Silhouette have done some of these itineraries.

Not sure what is going to happen in 2015, after the fallout of Venice's recent announcement regarding their ban on large cruise ships in the historic city.

See this Telegraph article from 6 weeks ago = http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11023451/Italy-to-ban-large-cruise-ships-in-Venice.html

As this just happened hard to say if the cruises on the books for Summer 2015 with various lines will go ahead with the necessary changes or be outright cancelled / reroutes etc.

Like it or not, this is going to change the face of the cruise industry in Venice for ships in the 40,000 tonnes & up category, not just for Celebrity* but all Cruise Lines.

* Celebrity's M-Class Ships are all 91,000 tonnes, and S-Class Ships are all 122,000 tonnes or more. And the sizes of these ships are comparable to other cruise lines and their ships that ply the Mediterranean. So choice is about to decrease considerably :(

My suggestion is just keep an eye on the news (Cruise Critic's Home Page is a good place to start)... And if you do decide to make an early booking on spec, make sure you have good Travel / Cancellation Insurance... And air tickets that are not non-findable or cannot be changed

Cheers!

Connie will be doing the Adriatic cruise from Venice and/or Rome that was done by Silhouette this year. I took it last November and it is a fantastic itinerary. The only negative is that prices for next year are over twice as expensive for less days. But still an outstanding itinerary. I would hope they will still be able to dock near Piazzale Roma.

We are booked on the Equinox for May 21, 2015 departing Rome and ending in Barcelona. I looked for a cruise that had an overnight stay in Istanbul, with stops in Santorini, Athens, and Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. This cruise also has some other stops in Greece and is 12 days. We are excited because when we booked we got a free classic beverage package which includes some alcohol and prepaid gratuities. Our TA threw in some OBC to sweeten the deal. Good luck with your cruise.

Thank you everyone for your reply,

Us TA always give their customers the most of the benefits from the cruise compay.you are right it is expensive to buy any cruise trip from australia including the air tickets.

I never been with cilibrity cruise before , hopefully i will get the good ones.

Thanks

Vera

Cheers!

We have booked this route for 2015 but in reverse; departing from Rome, sailing down the coast and round the "boot", up the other side via Dubrovnik and ending with an overnight in Venice.

Unless I have missed something, the article in the Telegraph seems to suggest that large ships will be banned from St Mark's basin and the Grand Canal, not from visiting Venice entirely? I think they will re-route, avoiding St Mark's and skirting West right around Venice, but still docking near enough for passengers to visit or end their cruise in Venice.