Quick Suite Perk questions

I've searched for this and can't find the answer.

Ship: Navigator

If you're in a suite (above a JS): Private breakfast and lunch seating in one of the Specialty dining rooms.

Does anyone know if this is available on embarkation day? I sure hope so, as we all know how crazy the Windjammer can get as we wait for our cabins to be available.

I assume we go to the buffet, get our food and bring the plates and beverages back to Chops or Giovanni's Table or whatever specialty restaurant they're using?

Is there someone there for drink service or should we just go get our own?

My best friend and I snagged a RFS for our 11/30/14 sailing. (I don't have to listen to her snore now! :D ) SCORE!!

Yes that I know but as I mentioned I'm in a RFS. And it is available on the Navigator. I wasn't asking about the JS (hence the ABOVE JS) as I know in that case I'd be out of luck.

After I re-read your post, I realized mine was not applicable.

When we were in a GS the lunch was NOT available arrival day, nor was there any way to get to the concierge lounge. The breakfast was not available on departure day, but they did have food in the lounge. This was on Liberty, so it's not quite the same ship as yours. Hope it helps, enjoy your cruise.

Thanks both of you for your assistance. For some reason my guess was that embarkation day wouldn't apply. I'd probably never use the "private" lunch area EXCEPT on embarkation day since I'm not a buffet fan in general. Oh well, somehow I think I SHALL SOLDIER ON and survive!! :D

Deb, There is a GT on Navigator but I was wondering about the Gold Card perk. And I agree that GT is great for lunch or dinner.

Other Sharon, thanks for that! Often we just head to Promenade Cafe upon embarkation, and sit and snack and drink until the cabins are ready. I just don't like the crowds at WJ on embarkation. But if Katheryn and I can have a nice quiet lunch, that is perfect! I mean I actually like the food at the WJ, but sometimes it's a bit crowded!

Thanks all for the input.

If there is a Giovanni's you can usually do lunch there for a fee. It is quiet and relaxing way to start the cruise. My mind has totally forgotten if there is one on Navigator, sorry.

I don't believe GT is open for embarkation day lunch on Navigator.

I don't recall that Chops was open for lunch for gold cards on embarkation day on NOS. Just check when you arrive. Breakfast is cooked to order in Chops for gold cards. Wait service will take care of beverages. There is also a buffet selection there. Lunch also has wait service and you bring your food from the WJ. On sea days there may be a limited selection offered from the MDR lunch menu. There was last fall on NOS. There will be breakfast, at least continental, in Chops for gold cards on debarkation day. There will not be food in either the CL or DL on debarkation day.

AUGUST thanks for all that info. I guess it's worth going up to the WJ area to check it out on embarkation. If it wasn't going to be open I'd just have found a place in the Promenade Care, and stayed there until we could lose our carry ons. But we'll go and check Chops and keep our fingers crossed.

Maybe it is only the Oasis class that is open on embarkation. Also, on that class the concierge lounge serves lunch which is really nice. I think on the smaller ships you will be dining either in Windjammer or Sorrento's then. I really don't remember being able to use Chops for suite dining until breakfast next day. It is a nice perk though.

Navigator doesn't have Sorrentos. And since Giovanni's is open now and then for lunch, I'm guessing the "private dining area" will be CHOPS, like WolfgangHowell (sharon) said it was on her last NOS cruise.

How nice it would be, though, if the C/L served lunch!! I'd love that. Though on sea days I find nothing better than the MDR Tutti Salad. I'm a huge fan! I could go for one RIGHT NOW!!

I totally agree about the tutti salad. We really enjoy MDR for lunch too. Wish it was open for embarkation lunch. I guess I am having senior moments...I meant promenade cafe would be open for lunch. I am diamond plus but sometimes can't remember 5 mins ago!

We sailed the RFS a couple years ago on NOS. It was wonderful. You will not have access to the specialty restaurant on embarkation. The CL is open but the concierge does not come on till 5 PM.

Enjoy the wonderful room. Depending on what deck you have make sure there is no soot on the furniture on the deck. We used the towels on them so the soot would not get in to your clothing.

We ate our Windjammer lunch in Chops in April on boarding day, and a couple other times during our week on the Navigator. We also enjoyed a cooked to order breakfast every day except disembarkation day. I liked the service a little better on the Mariner where they also served a limited grill menu at lunch, but the Navigator was fine.

Edited by Cindy

The way we avoid the WJ crowd on embarkation day is to arrive to the ship at approximately 1:00 PM. The rooms are usually open by the time we are embarking.

Agree! I know we all want to get on the ship ASAP but not like there's a lack of time for eating and exploring. Got on Serenade and Radiance close to 3:00 and those terminals were practically deserted,

Something for me just clicked that it wasn't logical to wait in a line at 10am to get on something that wasn't going to move until after 5pm.

We stay in a hotel and they boot you at 11. I guess I have to sit somewhere; so it's either the hotel lobby, the terminal or someplace on the ship. I've, on occasion, been able to arrange late check out and that works great. But sometimes it's not available.

We stay in a hotel and they boot you at 11. I guess I have to sit somewhere; so it's either the hotel lobby, the terminal or someplace on the ship. I've, on occasion, been able to arrange late check out and that works great. But sometimes it's not available.

Now is the time to be working on the late check out. Have your request in early and you're more likely to get it ;)

New Orleans we had our own car and a parking deal with the Hotel. Goofed off in the French Quarter for hours, ate Krystal burgers and Harrah's contributed a wonderful addition to our Cruise Fund. That port is located right across from the Convention Center - literally walking distance. Wish we could manage one more out of there, but even if work would let me take two weeks off within a six-month period, I couldn't afford them both.

Honolulu we spent a couple hours at Ala Moana mall (Lush bath shop stop), that was the craziest food court seen in my life, with every conceivable Asian cuisine style available. Glad I didn't miss Curry House Coco Ichibanya.

FLL we have to hit Aventura Mall for pick up more Lush bath stuff, one less thing to haul on the flight. Ride comes at Noon for that adventure.

My point being most places there's a port city worth checking out. Do so. The ship won't leave early.

What is it that WC Fields has on his tombstone? All in all I'd rather be in Philadelphia? :D After being in Galveston so many times I'm "Galveston-ed" out. I've sailed from there at least 10 times and had 2 non cruise visits; heck last time I spent the day visiting the cemeteries since I was running out of things to do.

At any rate it doesn't seem as it's going to be an issue. I can get on and have lunch in the suites area of the WJ so it's all good.

Some folks like getting on the ship early. Some folks don't. What's good for one isn't good for the other. As they say "First world problems."