Why does Celebrity Have the WORST Entertainment on board?

Feelin' Nauti'

We don't like the production and Broadway shows, so we find something else to do (movies on the laptop). We usually enjoy the comedians, jugglers and magicians. I would love to see a Cirque type show, but we've never seen one onboard. They must be included in other shows and not listed in the schedule.

Patty -- don't know if they still do them, but the Solstice Class ships used to feature a Cirque-type show. When we were on Equinox, the show (called: Equinox, the Show) was a very big deal. It was held on one of the formal nights, and was prominently featured in the dailies. However, I haven't seen that type of show on any ship, besides Solstice Class.

We only have one X trip under our belt but if there was one thing I remember vividly from our TA on the Connie it's that the entertainment was absolutely terrible and if that was the only criteria I would never book a Celebrity Cruise again. Especially not since we have been able to compare it with NCL (best by far) and the rest. On a couple of nights the only thing that kept me awake was the steady drumming of feet with people fleeing the theatre during the uhh.."show." I am desperately hoping the next one will be better!

We were really disappointed on Oasis..we had to book shows in advance and then get there early, wait on line, etc, Not worth the effort.

The cirque type show could did not compare favorably to the ones on Celeb S class, the diving show was amateurish, and even the bands on board were not that great...only exceptions were the reggae band and jazz group. Otherwise, not up to usual Royal C expectations..where they have had great latin, reggae party bands in the past...Maybe we hit an off week and we did not like much about the ship...

We were very happy to be back in X after Oasis...even with the loud DJs

Edited by hcat

Patty -- don't know if they still do them, but the Solstice Class ships used to feature a Cirque-type show. When we were on Equinox, the show (called: Equinox, the Show) was a very big deal. It was held on one of the formal nights, and was prominently featured in the dailies. However, I haven't seen that type of show on any ship, besides Solstice Class.

I'll have to keep an eye out when were on the Silhouette next year. I don't remember seeing anything like that on the Reflection, but I probably just missed it.

We were really disappointed on Oasis..we had to book shows in advance and then get there early, wait on line, etc, Not worth the effort.

The cirque type show could did not compare favorably to the ones on Celeb S class, the diving show was amateurish, and even the bands on board were not that great...only exceptions were the reggae band and jazz group. Otherwise, not up to usual Royal C expectations..where they have had great latin, reggae party bands in the past...Maybe we hit an off week and we did not like much about the ship...

We were very happy to be back in X after Oasis...even with the loud DJs

That's part of the reason we steadfastly refuse to cruise on Oasis or Allure -- although we started out cruising on RC. I get tired just thinking about having to pre-book all my shows and dining times. It just takes all of the spontaneity out of the cruising experience, for me. I:rolleyes: