What exactly is BVE?

BlessedAZWife

Ok.. so I'm still kinda lost.

I can book the BVE, which I plan on doing-- and it costs me $39, but I'll get that BACK as OBC when I actually get on the ship in January???

Not quite. The $39 is applied to your Captain's Circle account as a credit towards a cruise you book within three months. It's not OBC and cannot be applied as a credit towards a current booking.

Tried to book BVE for a friend who live in Houston and hosting us for the night before the cruise. BVE was available but I did not have all his information. Needed birth-date when I called in. When you call it in you need birth-date, address, phone.

Tried to book BVE for a friend who live in Houston and hosting us for the night before the cruise. BVE was available but I did not have all his information. Needed birth-date when I called in. When you call it in you need birth-date, address, phone.
Yes, it's like booking an actual cruise. Personal information and ID is required by the TSA.

I have to say that if we lived close to a BVE port we might just book them for the fun of the experience. We are thinking, unlimited food (not just the main dining room) and some wine (yeah, I know main dining room) a picture ($15 or $20 from Princess) wonder around the ship until they boot you off and sign up for a future cruise with OBCs, hey, I'm all over that deal. And, looking at the previous posts, if I am Pam, I get an upgrade! Yeah BABY! :cool:

Edited by ar1950

We are thinking, unlimited food (not just the main dining room) and some wine (yeah, I know main dining room) a picture ($15 or $20 from Princess) wonder around the ship until they boot you off and sign up for a future cruise with OBCs, hey, I'm all over that deal.
Not good enough. I won't do it until they offer $25 shareholder OBC that I can use to pay for a half-day of the all-inclusive bar package.

Oh, and half a cruise point per BVE. :D

Not good enough. I won't do it until they offer $25 shareholder OBC that I can use to pay for a half-day of the all-inclusive bar package.

Oh, and half a cruise point per BVE. :D

You forgot to specify refundable OBC, so you can make sure to walk off the ship having made a profit on the afternoon.

We live quite close to San Pedro, CA, the port for Los Angeles. We glady plunked down $40.00 to take a friend with us. She drove us to the port and we all got to be the very first people to board. (Leaving for Hawaii on the Star Princess). Tracy (Future cruise sales) let us put our carry-ons in our staterooms and gave us all a wonderful tour of the ship. We had our choice of MDR or Horizon Court. We went for HC. Our friend got a nice photo and we had absolutely hassle free boarding. If you know of any near your embarkation port, it's well worth the $.

Edited by meinkeb
Typo

I have seen this referred to on several Princess threads. I know that it stands for Bon Voyage Experience, however, what exactly is the Bon Voyage Experience? Is there a charge for it? We have cruised another line and I do not remember seeing anything like this.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116343 for a report on a BVE

Did you just pay for them? Did you board early because you already were taking the cruise? Thanks
If you are going on a cruise and a friend or relative has booked the BVE, you would board early with them as long as your bookings are linked for the BVE. (When you book a BVE, it's an actual booking even if you don't sail.)

Does a linked BVE show up in your cruise personalizer? The agent said she would link our friend but not sure if we would be able to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No - you won't see anything if you are the sailing passenger and nothing will be on your Boarding Pass. I just called the BVE Desk with this exact question. I was assured that DH & I would be on the BVE list along with the names of our non-sailing friends.

Your friend's boarding pass will identify them as BVE guests, and you are "with them."

I did confirm with the BVE Desk that our bookings are linked, and she said we are good to go. (We will all be checking in at the same time.)

Enjoy your BVE.

Edited by MarKay525

No - you won't see anything if you are the sailing passenger and nothing will be on your Boarding Pass. I just called the BVE Desk with this exact question. I was assured that DH & I would be on the BVE list along with the names of our non-sailing friends.

Your friend's boarding pass will identify them as BVE guests, and you are "with them."

I did confirm with the BVE Desk that our bookings are linked, and she said we are good to go. (We will all be checking in at the same time.)

Enjoy your BVE.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It helps a great deal. I didn't want to have to call Princess again. So excited for the BVE for our friend.. it's a nice way (at least I think) to say thank you for letting us stay at his home in Houston before the cruise.

• 2 months later...