How bad are spring break cruises?

kwazi07

We cruised during spring break a couple of years ago on EN out of Baltimore. Because it was an 8 day cruise, we had very few college students onboard. So, no issues at all onboard. Where we felt the impact was in ports. We went to PC, Key West, Coco Cay and Nassau. PC was no problem. Key West, we were there til after sunset and the college kids came out of the woodwork in the evening. We figured they were sleeping off the night before earlier in the day. Nassau was the worst. Not only were there multiple ships (with short itineraries), there were also a lot of kids who were staying in Nassau. We went to Senor Frog's for lunch (we usually do when we're there) and it was packed with 18-21 year olds doing their best to imbibe as much as possible. We had lunch and a drink and only stuck around because, as it usually does, it started pouring rain. We left a lot of rowdy kids enjoying spring break. I'm glad we weren't on some of those ships that were 3-5 day cruises out of FL which is where most spring breakers cruise from. Although it would have been interesting to watch the kids trying to reboard.

Edited by BND

I can't say that the Spring Break cruise I went on was any different than any of the other cruises I have been on except maybe the pool deck was more crowded. How well behaved your fellow cruisers are is really just a matter of luck. Jerks, idiots, and loud partiers can cruise anytime. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done 5-8 night cruises for Spring Break for more than ten years- spring break really covers the months of March and April. We have always experienced pretty full ships but have seen more children versus rowdy college kids. Not been a problem at all for us! Nice to be in the Caribbean with sunshine when the North is still cold!

I can't believe I watched that whole 9+ minute video, and never found out what happened to the drunk! Looked like a fight was about to start between 2 other guys, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe I watched that whole 9+ minute video, and never found out what happened to the drunk! Looked like a fight was about to start between 2 other guys, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 2 other parts to the video, the real fun is all in part 3.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

It's really no different than any other sailing....all the ships sail pretty much full all the time.

Since most college kids can't sail alone, you won't have the 'frat party" feel...especially on 7 nighters. Even "non spring break" cruises will have more partiers than the longer ones.

It's really a non issue.

It's really no different than any other sailing....all the ships sail pretty much full all the time.

Since most college kids can't sail alone, you won't have the 'frat party" feel...especially on 7 nighters. Even "non spring break" cruises will have more partiers than the longer ones.

It's really a non issue.

The minimum age to cruise (out of U.S. ports) unattended is 21, and a significant percentage of today's college students are over 21. According to the DOE, the median age at private colleges and universities is 25, and the median age at public colleges and universities is 24, with a total of more than 17 Million students currently enrolled in 2 or 4 year colleges. That would make approximately 8-9 Million old enough to cruise unattended.