Oasis dry dock. Fresh from the press!

Not noticing any changes to Central Park and deck 8. Did see some speculation of Britto going there. The Boardwalk seems like a very appropriate place for Britto's. The one thing I hope they correct during the dry dock is the spire at the top the bar in the Boardwalk. It has always had a slight tilt to it. I know...I can see some eyes rolling. :D Probably only bugged me.

Also no mention of changes to the Solarium Grill changing to Samba's as some speculation.

That's true, your post just reminded about the Solarium Bistro. I've always wanted to try that, and hoping it survived the dry dock.

Too bad this class of ship will no longer have the Viking Crown available to all. Guess this ship has a far larger proportion of suite guests, so they get the perk. Maybe someday we'll get the opportunity to experience the suite life!

Edited by denamo

Too bad this class of ship will no longer have the Viking Crown available to all. Guess this ship has a far larger proportion of suite guests, so they get the perk. Maybe someday we'll get the opportunity to experience the suite life!

I heard that eventually all Viking Crowns will be converted to the new North Star.;)

Got 12675 for an November Cruise. I picked this one for being on deck 12 but still the cheapest price. It was in between two other cabins behind the library. Now they added an indoor cabin there. Make 4 instead of 3 and replace the library with the new wonderland. Is the a bad change for me?

Here is what I found out about the new aft GS'. They get progressively smaller the higher up you go. Makes sense due to the setback.

12330-12730 = suite size 433sf balcony 362sf

11330-11730 = suite size 466sf balcony 470sf

regular GS' = suite size 371sf balcony 114sf

Edited by buckeye rob

Here is what I found out about the new aft GS'. They get progressively smaller the higher up you go. Makes sense due to the setback.

12330-12730 = suite size 433sf balcony 362sf

11330-11730 = suite size 466sf balcony 470sf

regular GS' = suite size 371sf balcony 114sf

14330-14730 = suite size 421sf balcony 136 sf

What is the dog house?

A hot dog stand of the same variety as is on the Allure - from the RCL website, for the new Oasis deck plans (typo included):

Boardwalk Dog House

Take a seat at the counter for traditional hot dogs, brats, sausages and ther delicious linked meats, plus a variety of toppings to split a long bun.

Not noticing any changes to Central Park and deck 8. Did see some speculation of Britto going there. The Boardwalk seems like a very appropriate place for Britto's. The one thing I hope they correct during the dry dock is the spire at the top the bar in the Boardwalk. It has always had a slight tilt to it. I know...I can see some eyes rolling. :D Probably only bugged me.

Also no mention of changes to the Solarium Grill changing to Samba's as some speculation.

This was great to find out. The manager of the Solarium Bistro last January actually said it would be removed due to lack of popularity. He suspected a Samba which I'm so glad they didn't do.

The Solarium Bistro is definitely still there.

Gina

I heard that eventually all Viking Crowns will be converted to the new North Star.;)

LOL!! Now you know that's the way rumors get started! Guess we'd at least have a "view" that way. ;)

Edited by denamo

So......if you are only a lowly Platinum or Emerald the Viking Crown Lounge will be off limits to you?

I sure hope they don't to this to the Freedom in dry dock because that is my favorite spot on the ship!!

Platinum or Emerald? If you're a lowly Diamond the former Viking Crown Lounge will be off limits to you!

I haven't studied Oasis enough to understand a lot of this and I don't have any "status" to get into these upper level lounges so I'm most upset about losing donuts to hot dogs. LOL :p These hot dogs better be good. I don't eat hot dogs usually because they are made of mystery meat and I usually don't eat donuts because they are a treat only for special occasionas like.....well....vacation. :-(

We were on Allure during the summer, and the donuts at the donut hut were disappointing. I am sure the donuts are the same on Oasis, and replacing them would be just fine.

So, does anyone know yet where the Concierge Lounge will be? Deck 17 does not show a CL there, and it can't share space with Wonderland.

I see "Concierge Club & Wonderland" on decks 11 and 12.