Oasis dry dock. Fresh from the press!

They have posted updated layouts for Deck 17 on Royals website

It looks to me that all of Deck 17 will be suites only once the remodel is complete. The last set of deck plans shows the current VCL divided into a suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen, with the Concierge Lounge in the same space it is now, along with Wonderland.

On another thread, someone thought they had heard something about a dedicated elevator for suites. That makes sense, given what's posted on the website.

Are you kidding me? Why is the Viking Crown limited to top tiers?! That is crazy. I understand the CL or DL buy reserving RCI's signature lounge for top tiers is annoying.

The signature lounge is no longer Royal's signature. Completely missing from Quantum class.

If Viking Crown is the CL, then it will be off limits to Diamond too.

We are used to spending part of every evening there on every RCI cruise we have ever taken. You cannot get that view anywhere else!!

Do you know if the Freedom will get this change during dry dock?

Please say "no"........ :o

They have posted updated layouts for Deck 17 on Royals website

Indeed! You have to click for the "plans" starting 6/6/2015, but it does show a new layout. Note that "Wonderland" and the "Concierge Lounge" share the same space (meaning that the CL didn't move to deck 17, but instead there is a "Suite Lounge" and "Coastal Kitchen" sharing the space - not sure if the Suite Lounge is for all suites, or just the Crown Loft suites - be interesting to see any "official" announcement, not something from a TA).

The signature lounge is no longer Royal's signature. Completely missing from Quantum class.

Yeah, that is dissapointing. However there is Two70. On Oasis, it seemed like the VCL was one of the only places to see the ocean indoors.

I haven't studied Oasis enough to understand a lot of this and I don't have any "status" to get into these upper level lounges so I'm most upset about losing donuts to hot dogs. LOL :p These hot dogs better be good. I don't eat hot dogs usually because they are made of mystery meat and I usually don't eat donuts because they are a treat only for special occasionas like.....well....vacation. :-(

We are used to spending part of every evening there on every RCI cruise we have ever taken. You cannot get that view anywhere else!!

Do you know if the Freedom will get this change during dry dock?

Please say "no"........ :o

Unknown at this time. However, it would not surprise me. They took 2/3 of Viking Crown away for pay restaurants on Legend. At least on Legend the other 1/3 is still open to all.

Deck 17 undergoes a complete metamorphosis

Pinnacle chapel will make way for Loft Suites

VCL will be an exclusive space for Suite customers, D+ & Pinnacle members, in addition to Coastal Kitchen and a Sun Deck Lounge

Izumi will go to deck 4, close to Opus MDR

Library will disappears.

Concierge Lounge is replaced by Wonderland (Opens March 2015)

Diamond Club moves to deck 4. In it's place will come additional cabins.

Donut Shop replaced by Dog House

Seafood Shack transforms into Sabor Taqueria

Private dining is replaced by Diamond Club on one side, and Izumi on the other side.

Do you happen to know when Dynamic Dining will begin on the Oasis? I know that it is being converted to this in dry dock, but not sure when it takes affect. I cruise the Oasis on Feb 14, 2015. Because we are cruising with 9 family members with varied tastes, it will be difficult to choose restaurants to satisfy everyone. I had already reserved a set seating in the main dining room, but with Dynamic Dining that will change.

Looking at the new GS's that were added to 11, 12 and 14 and I'm surprised that RCI classed as GS's and not Owners suites.

I know that they are a bit oddly shaped but they certainly appear to be much larger than the regular GS's and have a much larger balcony. I think that they are a great deal for anyone looking at a suite. Much like many of the other well known and coveted aft cabins.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Do you happen to know when Dynamic Dining will begin on the Oasis? I know that it is being converted to this in dry dock, but not sure when it takes affect. I cruise the Oasis on Feb 14, 2015. Because we are cruising with 9 family members with varied tastes, it will be difficult to choose restaurants to satisfy everyone. I had already reserved a set seating in the main dining room, but with Dynamic Dining that will change.

I believe someone reported DD starts on Oasis in March.

Suite guests as well im sure.

As I read it, the former VCL will now only be accessible by suite guests, and not C&A members (unless they booked a suite).

On another thread, someone thought they had heard something about a dedicated elevator for suites. That makes sense, given what's posted on the website.

There are elevators in the core for staff, so it is feasible to open one for that access. However, as these have access across all decks, it is more likely that they just keep the card access doors in place.

I would like to see updated deck plans for November 1 until May 30. They currently show the Concierge Club and Wonderland sharing space, but Deck 17 is unchanged. Surely that space won't just be in limbo/under construction for 7 months, will it?

I would like to see updated deck plans for November 1 until May 30. They currently show the Concierge Club and Wonderland sharing space, but Deck 17 is unchanged. Surely that space won't just be in limbo/under construction for 7 months, will it?

Looks changed to me.

.....and have a suite. Do you think the new lounge on Deck 17 will be available ??

Should note that these same plans show that the DL is gone. So they may be incomplete (none of them have updated descriptions).