Oasis dry dock. Fresh from the press!

In other changes (per the new deck plans):

-the Boardwalk area will have a Britto store (taking the place of Pets at Sea) and what appears to be yet another Arcade beside it (where there was previously nothing...per the old deck plans).

-The Boardwalk Bar has also been renamed to the Sabor Bar

Edited by quantumleap

I have the updated Deck plans but on Deck 17 it still says Viking Crown with no mention of Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge.

I've had to clear cache and refresh to see the new plans.

The signature lounge is no longer Royal's signature. Completely missing from Quantum class.

That is disappointing, we've never been on RCI and were looking forward to that lounge. Guess it's just one more disappointment to add to the list.

What is a Britto store?

A store that currently also exists on the Allure:

BRITTO Gallery

The spirited works of iconic pop artist Romero Britto saturate this engaging and interactive space, where shoppers may peruse a wide array of artwork, giftware, collectibles and luggage, including limited edition custom works created by Britto exclusively for Royal Caribbean guests.

His style of stuff is what you see in the kids pool area.

That is disappointing, we've never been on RCI and were looking forward to that lounge. Guess it's just one more disappointment to add to the list.

Viking Crown is still largely intact on many ships, including Majesty, Jewel, Liberty, Indy, and the Voyager class ships.

Edited by clarea

I'm one of the fortunate people in the UK who can (somehow) see the US site without automatically getting rerouted to the UK site. Everything is updated on the US site I can see with all the new changes. I always thought Concierge lounge would be the perfect spot for Wonderland, but a bit confused as to why it still says CL also.

Also interested to see OP posted that the new lounge on deck 17 will be for D+ and Pinnacle as well as suites. It just looks to me like it will be a totally dedicated Suite area (maybe Pinnacle allowed in there too). As a D+ I would like to think we could go up there but not holding out much hope.

As for the UK site - any bets on when that will be updated, my money's on around October 2017 ;)

Looking at the deck drawings, 11 and 12, possibly there is a small part of the secret balcony left. I think the extra width to the right side of 11330 for example is to allow the doorway to be directly at the end of the corridor. Otherwise if they ran the entrance to the cabin to port (11730 to starboard) it would impinge upon the sf of the GS and they couldn't sell it as a GS ? The extra balcony is a bonus. Very nice.

Edited by buckeye rob

Any Information about the Oasis MDR getting divided up into multiple restaurants to make way for Dynamic Dining?

Other than the new deck plans showing new names, I haven't seen anything. However (and this is just my opinion) I am speculating that DD will be in place when Oasis leaves dry dock next week.

As this is a large space that must be available during a cruise, any structural changes as well as significant cosmetic changes would need to be made in dry dock so that the space is available for use by passengers (they could make minor changes when the space is unused, but I don't see this taking any longer than the TA after dry dock).

Staff would need to be trained in the new use, but this would have been a great thing to do in the two weeks during dry dock. The TA would also be a great time for the staff to adjust to the new areas, as there may be a little less stress than during regular cruises.

However, it is possible that RCI doesn't want Oasis to have DD before Quantum sails, so it is possible that the space, though renamed, will continue to be used as an MDR, and have them switch at a future date after Quantum sees her first passengers (though I personally see this as a more confusing choice than going with DD right out of dry dock).

Looks like the Deck 4 plans are not updated yet. Only 11,12,14,17.

I moved us to one of the new aft GS but Mr Wolf who I will now call Mr Chicken vetoed it. I really wanted that extra SF and giant balcony. He will pay for this.

Interesting, I have been refreshing - guess we are chasing the RCCL IT people. LOL

2 of my computers here at the office show the new plans. Another does not. but.... if you show the old plans try printing the deck plans by printing the "printable versions of the deck plans" and the new plans print out. Weird.

Edited by buckeye rob

2 of my computers here at the office show the new plans. Another does not. but.... if you show the old plans try printing the deck plans by printing the "printable versions of the deck plans" and the new plans print out. Weird.

Try clearing cache and cookies.

Other than the new deck plans showing new names, I haven't seen anything. However (and this is just my opinion) I am speculating that DD will be in place when Oasis leaves dry dock next week.

As this is a large space that must be available during a cruise, any structural changes as well as significant cosmetic changes would need to be made in dry dock so that the space is available for use by passengers (they could make minor changes when the space is unused, but I don't see this taking any longer than the TA after dry dock).

Staff would need to be trained in the new use, but this would have been a great thing to do in the two weeks during dry dock. The TA would also be a great time for the staff to adjust to the new areas, as there may be a little less stress than during regular cruises.

However, it is possible that RCI doesn't want Oasis to have DD before Quantum sails, so it is possible that the space, though renamed, will continue to be used as an MDR, and have them switch at a future date after Quantum sees her first passengers (though I personally see this as a more confusing choice than going with DD right out of dry dock).

RCI has already made announcements through social media that DD will not be implemented until March of 2015 on Oasis. Changes during dry dock to the dining room were cosmetic in nature but the menus and the seating times will be the same as they had been until March.

RCI has already made announcements through social media that DD will not be implemented until March of 2015 on Oasis. Changes during dry dock to the dining room were cosmetic in nature but the menus and the seating times will be the same as they had been until March.

We're on the first sailing in March (departing 2/28) so we'll fully plan to report back as the first Dynamic Dining guinea pigs on Oasis :cool:

I've heard this mentioned, but have not been able to verify it's validity. Do you have a direct link to any of these announcements? (not that I haven't ever seen something on social media that wasn't entirely accurate)

We're on the first sailing in March (departing 2/28) so we'll fully plan to report back as the first Dynamic Dining guinea pigs on Oasis :cool:

Keep in mind that if Ken is correct, it might not be on your sailing either.

I've heard this mentioned, but have not been able to verify it's validity. Do you have a direct link to any of these announcements? (not that I haven't ever seen something on social media that wasn't entirely accurate)

Check out @RoyalCaribbean and @RoyalCaribPR on August 27'th. Also some posts on Facebook around that time as well.

It was a well discussed thread with many people also posting of direct conversations with RCI as well confirming this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2092946&page=4

Posts 74, 76, 83, 114 and more show quotes of the tweets.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I haven't studied Oasis enough to understand a lot of this and I don't have any "status" to get into these upper level lounges so I'm most upset about losing donuts to hot dogs. LOL :p These hot dogs better be good. I don't eat hot dogs usually because they are made of mystery meat and I usually don't eat donuts because they are a treat only for special occasionas like.....well....vacation. :-(

Hi having been on both Oasis and Allure, My guess is that RCL will move the donuts directly across from where it is now. That is how it is on Allure The hot dog place,( which I promise you will LOVE) is on the left after you walk past the Ferris wheel horses right where the current donut place is/ was on Oasis and where the tables and chairs are across from the donut shop on Oasis is where the slightly smaller donut shop sits on Allure. This is just an uneducated guess but it worked fine on Allure really no need for that many uncomfortable chairs and tables on the Oasis Boardwalk anyways.

Not noticing any changes to Central Park and deck 8. Did see some speculation of Britto going there. The Boardwalk seems like a very appropriate place for Britto's. The one thing I hope they correct during the dry dock is the spire at the top the bar in the Boardwalk. It has always had a slight tilt to it. I know...I can see some eyes rolling. :D Probably only bugged me.

Also no mention of changes to the Solarium Grill changing to Samba's as some speculation.