Are you going to try the North Star?

dln929

So cool looking at the newly installed North Star! I can't wait to try it. My husband hates heights so I'm not so sure about him. I might have to do some serious arm twisting or bribing. :p I think he's more of a bumper car kind of guy. No problem though. If he wimps out on trying the North Star, I'll just have to go twice.

I'm also afraid of heights, but if I can stomach Dynamic Dining, I have to try North Star. We'll see what the lines are like? I'm not spending a couple of cruise hours waiting in a slow moving line.

Hopefully we can reserve a time slot so there is no waiting at all.

I'm also afraid of heights, but if I can stomach Dynamic Dining, I have to try North Star. We'll see what the lines are like? I'm not spending a couple of cruise hours waiting in a slow moving line.

Hopefully we can reserve a time slot so there is no waiting at all.

Definitely hoping to try it out, the lines are my only concern. Hoping it will not be as much of an effort to try it out as booking my dining and shows have been :eek:.

I thought I read somewhere that you can book a timeslot on the Royal iQ app so that you can avoid waiting.

You can book your one RipCord session but they have explicitely stated that you will not be able to book North Star rides. The only exception is the paid for ones like the sunset one which also includes wine. It seems like they are viewing it like the Rising Tides Bar. Everyone thought that would be crazy packed but it wasn't since people had better things to do that sit in a bar. I think we'll find the same thing here, people are going to be relaxing on the pool deck instead of wanting to sit in a gondola. I'm sure the first and last days will likely be packed though as the people that want it leap at their first chance and those who said I'll do it tomorrow for a whole cruise try to fit it in at the end.

Edited by DEIx15x8

This is one thing I've been wondering about. North Star extends over the edges of the ship so if you have a balcony you can probably watch it do its thing from the comfort of your own cabin. And watch the people inside? This might be seriously entertaining!

This is one thing I've been wondering about. North Star extends over the edges of the ship so if you have a balcony you can probably watch it do its thing from the comfort of your own cabin. And watch the people inside? This might be seriously entertaining!

And the people in the capsule might be able to see into your cabin. :eek:

And the people in the capsule might be able to see into your cabin. :eek:

I am way down on Deck 6, so if they can see in then they are in BIG trouble. I don't know if I will have enough courage to try it. :eek: Wondering if they will do rides when the ship is docked at an island or other port. I would rather that than while sailing.

Denise