Okay, how many of the original bunch are still around?

When old topics start reappearing, it brings back wonderful memories of when I used to "live" here on the CFB. Although I'm rarely here any more, it's nice to see some names that were so familiar to me from those days. I can't name you all so I'll start with the godmother of this board: LoriLinay. Are you out there Sister?

Soooo, who else is out there from the old days?

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Me!! Me!! Like you, I used to live here too. We had sooo many laughs.

Remember when Lori first posted her question - Am I overplanning? It was posted on the Ask a Cruise Question forum - there wasn't even a fashion board back then. I think it was 4 years ago last March that we got this cool forum. Wow it's been a long time has it?

So let's have an old time CS roll call!!

Hey, CS's!!! I'm here! I do remember the Overplanning thread. I laughed out loud and read it out loud. And we all know that there are a few things that are timeless. Like laughter. Shoes, of course!!!! icon_smile.gif Lene

Westerdam, Veendam, Zaandam, Sea Princess, Norwegian Sea, Golden Princess, Galaxy, Enchantment, Galaxy, Coral Princess, Maasdam

Hi, everyone! I'm a little after the "originals", but do I get extra points for the Enchanted Tiara cruise? The Board used to be a lot of fun; of course, now we do a lot of that via group emails! I haven't been on much either for quite awhile..."other" interests have temporarily replaced cruising. icon_biggrin.gif

Come on, CSs, chime in!

Enchantment of the Seas--

Enchanted Tiara Cruise 10/02

Adventure of the Seas 11/03

I registered just a few months after you (10/01) so I guess I'm one of the old timers. Visit the board more for fun than cruise fashion advice. Been cruising since 1969 so have my fashions down pretty good. Also gotten good tips on other fashion/make-up stuff.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

Although I'm not an original, I go back a ways too. I think the thread that got me hooked was LoriLinay's "The Eagle has Landed". OMG!!! I couldn't believe what I was reading. These were my kind of people. icon_biggrin.gif

There have been so many hysterical topics. Anyone remember the Sausage Thingee? Or how about those little black shoes that I can really dance in? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Great memories!

Beth

Present and accounted for! These old threads were fabulous! THis board was such a riot back then - a little politically incorrect, maybe, but good fun.

And I always had a chance to mention the lady in the square dance dress on formal night.

Sausage Thingee, Frozen Thingee, Shoe Holder Thingee.

I feel the need for a reunion.

August 2001 Westerdam Alaska

October 2002 Enchantment of the Seas Eastern Caribbean

Beth, I remember those! icon_biggrin.gif How about feather boas and dancing by a fire next to our big, ole RV? Then there was Coka and her themes for each cruise. I loved her ideas! I miss those discussions on who wore what and either looked great or like a refugee from a fashion disaster. Learned a lot about what NOT to wear (isn't that a TV show?) from those threads! icon_biggrin.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

We need a roll call of all the "oldies". I wonder how many are still around. Some appear to have taken new screen names. Me - I think I'll keep mine, even if I did misspell it when I registered. icon_wink.gif One too many frozen thingees when I did it.

Beth

I've been around since day one, but more of a lurker, than a poster, on this board... I think I may be a bit too opinionated (?) for most of you!

Pam : )

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03

Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03

Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03

Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma

I'm still here, like you didn't know, lol. It's really great to see some of you guys posting again! We sure had some laughs back when the this board started. I think it's still fun, but with new people, it took a different direction. Times change, the board changed.

Who else is still out there lurking?

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=40%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<center>realltblue.JPG

smbanreali.gif

bb1.gif

</center>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think I may be a bit too opinionated (?) for most of you!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that's exactly why I like you. icon_wink.gif

Beth

I'm here!!! It was 3 years ago this past March that I asked about overplanning. And I've had a LOT more wine since then. Unfortunately only 2 cruises though. Hopefully next year. What a great bit of fun we had in those first few months. I should check back here more often because it looks like the fun has continued! It's so amazing that so many of us are still close friends. Just so you "newbies" understand what a tight bond we had...This past month I was in the hospital and one of the "sisters" brought me a HUGE arrangement of flowers, purchased from 8 of the original Fashion Thread members. After THREE YEARS!!! I'm so lucky! It looks like there is the possibility of a reunion cruise on 05! As the "godmother" of the board, I cordially invite ALL of you to book.

But please, no leopard unitards. Or you might get a slingback thrown at you!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Just so you "newbies" understand what a tight bond we had...This past month I was in the hospital and one of the "sisters" brought me a HUGE arrangement of flowers, purchased from 8 of the original Fashion Thread members. After THREE YEARS!!! I'm so lucky! It looks like there is the possibility of a reunion cruise on 05! As the "godmother" of the board, I cordially invite ALL of you to book.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I propose a group wine spit in honor of LoriLinay for being godmother of this board. Be sure to put on your bibs before spitting!

I second inviting all of you for a reunion cruise -- Oct. 2005 (see my signature). I realized that it's quite fitting -- the ship will sail EXACTLY four years (to the date) from the original Enchanted Tiara cruise! How appropriate is that?!

And don't let anyone tell you that you can't make lasting friends through message boards. There are 8 of us who will tell you otherwise. We're sticking together through good fashions and bad!

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=#0000ff><font size="4">

<marquee width=50%>Days until Mariner of the Seas Reali-tini Cruise sails from Port Canaveral Florida</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

I still peek in occasionally to check out if there are any new cruise fashions. I've found so many great ideas, laughs and (best of all) great friends here. icon_biggrin.gif

Wonder what ever happened to Jo and Tweety?

Pam, you can't be too opininated when it comes to fashion. icon_smile.gif

Beth, how is your name supposed to be spelled?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;15;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Pam, say whatever you think, most of us do! LOL

Tannise, I was just thinking the same thing about my DH! icon_biggrin.gif Of course, Busrider IS an honorary Cruise Sister, or is that Brother, after making that long cross country trip to be in the Enchanted Tiara cruise. LOL At least my hubby would know I'd be safe with you and the rest of the bunch, or at least that's what he thinks! icon_biggrin.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

oooo hstrybuf - do you think we dare??? I don't think it will happen, but I'm game. I think we're Europe bound next year......but if not......

Wonder if I could convince him that it would be a great mother's day gift? LOL

And I'm STILL hearing about how wonderful he was to take that ride................ahhhh a legend in his own mind. LOL

I'm not from the original group but I have popped in from time to time for a few years. I am usually on the RCCL thread, looks like I need to get over here more often.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

I'm here once in a while. I guess I was sooo Off Topic that I ended off the board most of the time. I hate 'time out'. LOL Haven't been cruising since that traumatic month of "Sept 11". I think I might have cancelled my first cruise after that event if it weren't for you guys. Glad I went that last week of Sept anyway. This board is where I gained all of my cruise wardrobe knowledge and I couldn't have packed without you guys.

Lill, you asked about Tweety and Jo. I think she got a new position that would not let her "play on the internet" during work hours. LOL

Katie, I'll never forget your cruise with the "old folks" and how rude they were to you. Then you coined the phrase "the porcelaine God" LOL I'm glad you got up enough nerve to cruise again after that one.

OK, so now, where is Oaktown Traveler??? I saw her here somewhere a couple weeks ago. Anyone figure out what books she has written? LOL

Mariposa who is STILL waiting for that second cruise.

[This message was edited by Mariposa on 05-06-04 at 01:47 AM.]

Yes, the Oaktown girls and their cruise story, that is what got me fist interested in this board topic...

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

Tannise, after sitting in the Champagne Bar until 3:00 am of course Busrider is an honorary "sister". After that long ride you can tell him that he's a legend in our minds also. LOL

Hi Helen! How's the DH? Hope to see yall on another cruise one day. icon_biggrin.gif

Mari, thanks for the update on Jo. Sure miss her funny stories.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;15;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Archived