The Upgrade Fairy Has Fought Off The Revenue Discount Fairy !! Hooray

Just received an e mail from two friends who are travelling on the 12 night Oasis of the Seas TA next week.

They paid $429 per person (plus tax) for an inside guarantee and have just been allocated an Ocean View Balcony.

The Upgrade Fairy hasn't gone, she has fought off the revenue departments discount price upgrade fairy on this occasion !! Hooray !!

:) :) :)

Yes she is still alive.

My dad and uncle are on sailing on the Legend and both had POV cabins and were both upgraded to balconies.

It was RCI that called the TA and they offered the TA the opportunity to upgrade 3 of her clients and she chose my dad, uncle and one other couple. The TA had quite a few customers booked on this cruise.

This would be one reason that the free upgrades do not always go to the highest levels of C&A members.

And people will say that one will never go from an inside guarantee to a balcony. Pftt, pftt to them.:D
On the September Legend TA we signed up for a Cat.Z inside GTY and got an E-1 balcony. But there were probably over 60 empty cabins, as RCI quit attempting to sell cabins (a month out they RAISED the price on balconies to $3600pp and I don't think sold another one).

Thom