What to do early morning Miami? 7:00am

Mirrasi

We are driving down from Orlando (have a van) and I plan to get there very early just in case before we sail. I can't stay in a hotel the night before due to work schedule.

At this point I am thinking of just heading to the beach but wondered if there was anything else. I had wanted to go to Bayside Marketplace but they don't open until 10.

Also, is the port open 24 hours? I know I can't get on the ship before my loading time, but I just wondered at what time can we get in if we run out of anything to do.

Suggestions?

Edited by Mirrasi

Head to the port around 10. That's about the earliest I'd show up as the place is hectic with leaving passengers before that. Since you have a car, why sit in the terminal till they load at noon or whenever.

If you haven't been to south beach breakfast at News Cafe is nice.

Edited by eandj

Oh wonderful! I didn't really plan to shop anyway, just wanted to walk around and look at stuff, look at the boats etc. Last time I parked in the lot right next to it. I was wondering if we could go early even if the shops were closed. So maybe we will stop at that place for breakfast, check out the beach, and then bayside

I'd like to try that cuban coffee too. I didn't get to do that last time

get off 95 at about exit 10

go to Biscayne blvd ... aka US 1

look for a place with MANY cars in the parking lot

enter

order breakfast . . . .

when done, continue down US-1 to the port ...

this way points you to the place the LOCALS use . . .

Oh wonderful! I didn't really plan to shop anyway, just wanted to walk around and look at stuff, look at the boats etc. Last time I parked in the lot right next to it. I was wondering if we could go early even if the shops were closed. So maybe we will stop at that place for breakfast, check out the beach, and then bayside

I'd like to try that cuban coffee too. I didn't get to do that last time

There are two, maybe three spots at Bayside that open early for breakfast. There isn't any beach there tho.

You have time, I'd head to Miami Beach.

La Americana café serves a good breakfast (Cuban) but pretty general opening at 7:30 AM (when we were there last). I would look them up and give it a try. The News Café is also great on South Beach, but parking may be an issue. Both worth the try.

Getting there that early means you are just sitting around for four hours or so. Even if you do go to breakfast, that is pretty much going to ruin the day for everyone because it messes up your sleep. Why don't you wait and leave at six for a ten arrival? Not quite as brutal but still gives you over four hours to spare.

Just my two cents.

agree ... I drive from Canaveral to Miami for cruises and usually leave around 7; it is a 3 hour drive (200 miles at 70 mph plus)

I am not a member of the ME FIRST club and still get there plenty early .... usually on a ship b4 noon ... more typically 11 .. even if I roll the dice with off site parking (not recommended in Miami)