Insignia compared to larger ships of Oceania

bocageri

From the way you described it it doesn't sound too nice. Is there anyone else that can give their opinion? I thought they did an overhaul of this ship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure why you think this doesn't sound nice? Yes, the ship was overhauled, but unless another deck was added there wouldn't be room to add a culinary center and more restaurants! You do lose some amenities, by necessity, on the smaller ship.

Yes, it is a smaller, more intimate ship. You can get around easily and learn where things are. You will get to recognizing your fellow passengers -- for better or worse!

Unless the seating was changed, the show lounge is more flexible seating, not theatre style as on the big ships. Nice for trivia.

The cabins are smaller, by necessity, but comfortable and with new appointments after the overhaul. But you are in a Vista Suite - space should not be a problem. I bet Stan&Jimwill post some nice photos for you!

There are still two specialty restaurants plus Waves, the Terrace and the MDR. The overhaul added Baristas, and also you have that grill-to-order thing in the Terrace, so you will never feel your blood-lobster level dropping too low.

I am not sure what you are wondering and how we can help you. Is the laundry room a make or break? Just tell us what exactly sounds not nice to you -- folks will either confirm or help describe things more fully for your information.

There have also been several threads from folks who have sailed Insignia since the overhaul. You can find them pretty easily via the "Search this Forum" function at the top right.

I am sure you will have a great cruise. Good wishes.

Donna

From the way you described it it doesn't sound too nice. Is there anyone else that can give their opinion? I thought they did an overhaul of this ship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sailed on the Insignia in September. We loved it! Food excellent, very friendly atmosphere on board.The staterooms and public rooms were beautiful. Preferred Baristas location to the one on Riviera. The ship was able to get into smaller ports. Didn't take long to get on and off in ports. The shower(no bath) room was too small and we wouldn't want to sail on TA on it, but all in all lovely:)

Maybe tell us what you really want to know ??

Smaller ship have less space to include all the same things as the O class ships

we have sailed several times on the R class ships & love them

Lyn

Actually the veranda cabins on the smaller ships ("R") are better laid out than those on the newer larger ones ("O"). Two people cannot access the closet and most of the drawers at the same time on the "O" ships because they are right next to the bed. Much better location on the smaller ships.