Emerald princess port advice

Highland dancer

I am sailing on the Emerald Princess in November.

as part of a two week cruise so I have a turn around day at port Everglades any advice on how to spend the day

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am assuming that you are sailing on to Houston and that Fort Lauderdale will be your last port of call. If this is the case you will have to be back on no later than 3:30 as the Emerald Princess is scheduled to sail at 4:00. This will make it difficult to do a long tour.

Princess will run some tours so take a look at them. Since your timing will be short these may be the best solution. Some of these tours may be disembarkation tours, but you may be able to book them on board. Here are some other easy ideas.

Take a cab to the beach area and stroll along the beach front. Very nice. Lots of stores and restaurants.You could also spend some time on the beach.

The Water Taxi stops right at the end of SE 17th Street just outside of the port. If you are at piers 2 or 4 you can easily walk there. It takes about 90 min to 2 hours to do a complete loop. Here is the site, http://watertaxi.com/maps-stops/ . If you are docked at a pier other than 2 or 4 then you will have to find a taxi back. The Hilton Marina hotel is right next to the water taxi stop and you should be able to find a taxi there.

Downtown Las Olas Blvd. is also nice. There is a neat “Irish Pub” restaurant right on the river walk.

Princess will run some tours so take a look at them. Since your timing will be short these may be the best solution. Some of these tours may be disembarkation tours, but you may be able to book them on board.

The disembarkation tours will return to the ship after letting passengers off at FLL.