Oasis refurb - What were we thinking?

John&LaLa

It would appear that way. Is Quantum like that as well?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It appears that Quantums dining rooms are totally separate. Also IMO the changes to the decor in the dining room in Allure is very subtle and all 3 are fairly close in appearance compared to the very different decors on the Quantum.

It appears that Quantums dining rooms are totally separate. Also IMO the changes to the decor in the dining room in Allure is very subtle and all 3 are fairly close in appearance compared to the very different decors on the Quantum.

The big chairs in Silk are scary. :o

This one is good, wrong, but good. This is the kind of info I was looking for.

The current CL area is actually being re-done as passenger cabins. I have this information from someone who is currently on board the Oasis.

Please don't call anyone out for their errant statements

Here is another one. This list was half right.

For what it is worth, am currently on Oasis and have talked to Concierge and Head Waiter and others on board:

1. The "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 aft will become aqua suites like decks 8-10. Actually Grand Suites

2. The Diamond Lounge, currently on deck 6 above the promenade, will be moved to where one of the private

dining areas ( Port side deck 4) reside. Its space will be renovated into a suite. Promenade Rooms I seem to recall

3. The Concierge lounge, currently on deck 11, will be moved to where the Viking Crown Room currently exists. Its space will be converted into “Grande” a upscale restaurant for suite guests only. Chef’s Table will cease. Partially correct, Coastal kitchen went to old VCL as well. Grande reference was corrected already

4. Pinnacle chapel and lounge will become two Royal Suites - Correct

5. Izumi will be relocated to deck 4 - the starboard side private dining rooms (and make some space for the Windjammer on deck 16 which will be greatly expanded)- Correct

6. Seafood Shack is replaced by Sabor, an upscale Mexican restaurant (e.g.,Navigator) - Correct

7. The Main Dining Room will be decked over and prepared for Dynamic Dining but Dynamic Dining will not actually be launched until February. Instead Decks 3 and 4 will become Mytime Dining while Deck 5 will retain traditional dining. No decking, DD in March

8. Cupcake Cupboard will be converted to a retail shop - Correct

9. the Donut Shop will be replaced by the Boardwalk Doghouse. Donuts, though, will still be available on the Boardwalk, like Allure, across from its present location in a self serve mode - Correct

10. Most interestingly, the ship will be actually cut so an entirely new engine can replace on - Correct and very interesting.

Sorry but still a bit confused..so still a DL for Diamonds and still a CL for D+...so the conversations I'm reading about D+ only having the option of using the DL now and no access to the CL are incorrect :confused::confused::confused:

Sorry but still a bit confused..so still a DL for Diamonds and still a CL for D+...so the conversations I'm reading about D+ only having the option of using the DL now and no access to the CL are incorrect :confused::confused::confused:

Everyone is more than a bit confused. It's unclear if the CL will be going away or not. Stay tuned.

Many months ago I floated speculation that secret balconies would become suites and was basically pilloried for that. Unfortunately I was correct.

I did think they would expand the Solarium too though and as of yet I see no indication that they did anything much there. Will await further reports.

Last January the Solarium Bistro manager said that restaurant would be converted to a different restaurant due to lack of bookings. Solarium Bistro remains. Either RCI changed their minds or the manager was incorrect.

Gina

I wonder when the RoyalIQ app will go live

Royal iQ is a new app that puts guests in charge of their vacation choices. Thanks to the dramatically improved connectivity, Royal iQ is able to continue dining reservations, shore excursions and spa appointments onboard, through both a downloadable app and at freestanding iQ stations around the ship. Guests also can use Royal iQ as a convenient calendar that provides at-a-glance views of their program and to keep in touch with one another and home via phone and text capabilities.

So, you'll be able to call and text people outside of the ship with Royal IQ? Norwegian had something very similar on the Breakaway, but calls and texts were restricted to people on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if Sabor will be opening immediately after the refurb or not until March, 2015?

I called RCI and no one was able to answer. Shocking!

According to Royal's schedule, it should be ready now.

Everyone is more than a bit confused. It's unclear if the CL will be going away or not. Stay tuned.

They are still working on that space, and at this instant it is still closed. This is likely what led to the speculation that the it is fully going away. The FAQ at http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/14038162_Oasis_Class_2014_EF.pdf states (under "Innovative Amenities") that there is a Suite Lounge, a Concierge Club and a Diamond club (though there is nothing that prevents RCI from making any change whenever they desire to make it).

The big chairs in Silk are scary. :o

Those big red chairs are on two larger tables only. The rest of the tables have the regular chairs which have been there before. The large tables can be reserved for a larger party.

steamboats

That was where the plans showed it to be the other day Linda

Deck 4 Starboard mid-ship

Happy Days!

Graham[/quote

Do you know where diamond plus members will go (diamond lounge, suite lounge deck 17 ???) Also, will junior suite guests be permitted to eat in the Coastal Kitchen as it is advertised as suite only and will they be allowed in the suite lounge on deck 17? Will the three-drink allowance still be honored?

Do you know where diamond plus members will go (diamond lounge, suite lounge deck 17 ???).

There is a lot of debate about this. The former CL area is still under construction, so for the TA the D+'s have been allowed into the Suite Lounge. This may or may not change after she finishes her TA.

Also, will junior suite guests be permitted to eat in the Coastal Kitchen as it is advertised as suite only and will they be allowed in the suite lounge on deck 17?

According to the FAQ's presented by RCI, no to either, and I doubt this will change.

Will the three-drink allowance still be honored?

I see no reason why not.

Edited by 3dog
spelling

That was where the plans showed it to be the other day Linda

Deck 4 Starboard mid-ship

Happy Days!

Graham[/quote

Do you know where diamond plus members will go (diamond lounge, suite lounge deck 17 ???) Also, will junior suite guests be permitted to eat in the Coastal Kitchen as it is advertised as suite only and will they be allowed in the suite lounge on deck 17? Will the three-drink allowance still be honored?

Sorry I do not have a definitive answer as to whom will have access to what, there is a lot of information from RC and on CC at present. Until all officially announced by RC, we can only speculate from what we read on CC and on flyers released from RC.

A lot of changes on Oasis, there are some live threads in process where you might get some more updated info.:)

It appears that D+ Members will have access to the newly enhanced Diamond Lounge on Deck 4.

JS cabins were eliminated from access to the lounge in mid-2006. The Suites lounge would be for GS cabins and above. I don't see that changing.

JS cabins do have access to the Coastal Kitchen on Quantum but don't know if it will be the same on the newly revamped Oasis.

Since the 3 drink voucher was present on Oasis before her dry dock, I'm sure it will continue as she moves forward.

According to the FAQ's presented by RCI, no to either, and I doubt this will change.

I'm surprised since JS cabins have access to Coastal Kitchen on Quantum.

Edited by cruisenfever

It appears that D+ Members will have access to the newly enhanced Diamond Lounge on Deck 4.

They've always had that, as do Pinnacles (this lounge is for all C&A members Diamond and above - try it on your next cruise)

The Oasis FAQ at http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Oasis_Class_General_FAQ.pdf states that CK is "Exclusively for Suite and Pinnacle guests".

JS cabins were eliminated from access to the lounge in mid-2006. The Suites lounge would be for GS cabins and above. I don't see that changing.

JS cabins do have access to the Coastal Kitchen on Quantum but don't know if it will be the same on the newly revamped Oasis.

Since the 3 drink voucher was present on Oasis before her dry dock, I'm sure it will continue as she moves forward.

I'm not really surprised that JS wasn't included...I think if you look at the number of suites on Oasis, and the size of Coastal Kitchen, they probably can't accommodate all the Junior Suites and still provide decent service. That might change once the dust settles and they see how things are working, but I wouldn't count on it.

I read somewhere that the plan was for access to Deck 17 to be by Key Card only. If they do that, then the entire area will be only for gold card holders, which eliminates both JS passengers and D+ passengers.

They've always had that, as do Pinnacles (this lounge is for all C&A members Diamond and above - try it on your next cruise)

The Oasis FAQ at http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Oasis_Class_General_FAQ.pdf states that CK is "Exclusively for Suite and Pinnacle guests".

Thanks for pointing out who has access to the Diamond Lounge. How could I have forgotten RCI's most loyal guests. :D Since hubby can not drink and I may consume a glass of wine once or twice a year, our visits to any of the lounges are few and far between.

Thanks for pointing out who has access to the Diamond Lounge. How could I have forgotten RCI's most loyal guests. :D

;)

Since hubby can not drink and I may consume a glass of wine once or twice a year, our visits to any of the lounges are few and far between.

Personally, I am not a fan of the wine they serve in either lounge, and much prefer to get a decent glass at Vintages, and then visit with the folks in the lounges (I'm on vacation, and for me spending $$$ for a decent glass of wine is much better than "putting up" with a mediocre or poor free glass of wine)

My first cruise was in 2004. We had a JS for that cruise and only had concierge access because my husband's business associate's sister was the port agent. She got us a card. (by the way - there was usually no one in there but us) Every cruise after that we had a JS, including Serenade of the Seas in Alaska in June 2005, and we did NOT have CL access until the GS booked that made us Diamond members.

JS must have been eliminated from the CL prior to our first cruise in March 2004.

Edited by mommabean