Passenger Health Form

kenmerloo

There were not tables a plenty in Vancouver for the Oct 17 coastal to LA. I filled out everything ahead of time and then on the train up that morning we completed and signed the forms.

I agree with Lovetocruiseprincess - too much stuff in hand along with keeping track of my 89 year old father-in-law to have to all stop and complete the forms. People were mostly sitting in chairs filling out the form holding it on their lap. They gladly accepted the pre-filled out (remember, just completed hours before) forms. We didn't have to sign in front of them and the forms said nothing about Ebola.

There were tables aplenty at Quebec City and the last time we were at FLL. Never seen anyone having to fight for space to fill out a form whereas I have seen passengers in such a frenzy to board you would think the ship was sailing in the next 10 minutes.

Mike:)

Crowded or not it's just one less thing I have to do when boarding the ship.

Thanks, Pam. I appreciate that you posted a copy of the new form. It is definitely quite different from the "regular" one that was used in the past (which is the one I had from online). As I said in my post above, there is really no reason to worry about having the thing in advance as it's incredibly quick and easy to fill out - even the new form. It's definitely not something to worry about.

After our first cruise, I found the form on CC and went to our 2nd cruise with the forms already filled out. The "new" ones for the day had the ship name pre-printed on them and the lady who was processing our paperwork didn't know what to do...she had to call a supervisor (who came over slooowly) and eventually approved the ones I had filled out ahead of time.

Nuff said - I can learn with the best of them. Now I just grab the ones they hand out at the pier - it is faster if they are going to have to approve the one that I filled out before I got to the pier.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

I'm always surprised at the responses when this thread repeats and repeats. Filling out the form with name, cabin, etc doesn't defeat anything. Checking the boxes in advance is what defeats the purpose.

I don't think anyone said they fill it out a week ahead and actually answer the questions. As I mentioned earlier we fill out the form in advance but wait to check the boxes the morning of the cruise. That's efficient and makes things that much easier when you have bags to carry and elderly parents to assist.

A search online will bring up a few of the new versions that include the Ebola related questions. There is a little difference in the size and placement of questions on the online versions but the questions are the same. Seems like completing the name, ship, etc information ahead and then checking the box, signing and dating when you are there might work if that is your choice.

The new form is easy to fill out even without a table to write on. The thought though that comes to mind is how many pax actually tell the truth when they know that if they fill it out wrong they may be denied boarding? Pax travels by air/auto maybe several hundred miles after having arranged a vacation at work that required prior planning months ahead is now standing at the port entrance with some virus or just getting over the virus that is not all that noticeable and volunteers that (s)he has been ill. Say what you may but I am sure it does happen hopefully not all that often. The form is a legal document for them to protect their behinds.

Filling it out in advance defeats the purpose of the form.

It is not asking about your health a week ago. It is asking about your health when you reach the pier.

So checking off & signing the form on that day makes it more truthful I suppose? Ya right! LOL :rolleyes:

After this next trip I'll be sure to let you know how filling it out in advance works out for me..... at least boarding in Florida. :D

So checking off & signing the form on that day makes it more truthful I suppose? Ya right! LOL :rolleyes:

After this next trip I'll be sure to let you know how filling it out in advance works out for me..... at least boarding in Florida. :D

Filling it out in advance might make it less truthful if a week previously you had a temperature of 103 and then the day of boarding, your temp was normal. :rolleyes: The point of the form is not to test your honesty. I have no doubt some people lie on the form. The point is that ON THE DAY of the cruise, you are asked about your health. If you haven't been on a cruise since the advent of Ebola hysteria, I think you will find things have changed a bit. I'm pretty sure you will be asked to at least sign the form in front of them if not fill out the whole thing from scratch. I know you have a beef with the rules, but this Ebola thing has made them even more severe.