John Heald To The Carnival Pride

Artemus

I don't know if this is old news or new news, but my head waiter on the Pride last week told me John Heald is coming to the Pride in 2015.

When the re-positioning cruise from tampa to Baltimore was announced he said he might like to be on that cruise. That could be when he is joining the pride. I don't care myself who the CD is, but the good thing about him being on the ship is that everyone will follow him around saying brilliant, so if I avoid where he is, it will seem less crowded on the ship

When the re-positioning cruise from tampa to Baltimore was announced he said he might like to be on that cruise. That could be when he is joining the pride. I don't care myself who the CD is, but the good thing about him being on the ship is that everyone will follow him around saying brilliant, so if I avoid where he is, it will seem less crowded on the ship

Well, we know he won't be on it in August... I asked him. He will be back in Alaska. Bum. :(

Yes, he did mention that at the time, but nothing for certain. The schedule right now only shows through Jan. 2015. So we will see.... I'll be on that repo cruise, can't wait! :)

Well, we know he won't be on it in August... I asked him. He will be back in Alaska. Bum. :(

Yes, he did so love being in Alaska this year.

Yes, he did mention that at the time, but nothing for certain. The schedule right now only shows through Jan. 2015. So we will see.... I'll be on that repo cruise, can't wait! :)

Exciting! I really wanted to do that cruise but the dates just didn't work out. Maybe you will get lucky and he'll be on there.

We have been sailing Carnival for so long I can remember when John was just a regular CD...and we have had him on many cruises..and enjoyed them all..but it has been years since we've been on a ship with him....I really would enjoy sailing with him again...but it probably won't happen:(

haha

We took our first cruise on the Carnivale in 1990 to celebrate our 25th Ann. and John Heald was our CD. We will be on the Pride in Jan. to celebrate our 50th it would have been so neat if he would have been our CD again. Sounds like not the case.

We took our first cruise on the Carnivale in 1990 to celebrate our 25th Ann. and John Heald was our CD. We will be on the Pride in Jan. to celebrate our 50th it would have been so neat if he would have been our CD again. Sounds like not the case.

Mickey- I cruised the Carnivale in 1990 in March- when did you cruise? I'm wondering if he was our CD and I didn't even know it!

The only 2 ships that John Heald will definitely be on in 2015 are the Breeze and the Legend.

He will be on the Breeze Jan 25- Feb. 9 but not as the CD. He will be on Jan 25 to prepare for his Bloggers cruise and then for the Jan 31 Bloggers one. He has said he has signed a contract to be on the Legend Alaska season.

It is just an educated guess but I doubt he will be on the March Pride repositioning. I know he has posted that he would like to be on it but he has said that about a lot of cruises in the past and not been on them. Why? Since he has committed to being on the Legend for the Alaska season, my gut feeling is that he will take March and April off to be home with his family.

His schedule changes so often that nothing is guaranteed. Sometimes because of his duties as the brand ambassador and sometimes because of personal reasons. Never book a cruise based on where you think he will be. Others have been disappointed when his schedules changed and in the last couple of years, that has happened a lot.

Rats!! Met John in NYC at the Carnival Live Event. Got my tickets via a lottery on his Facebook page. Nice guy! Would have loved it were he the CD 08/30/15 on the Pride!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Mickey- I cruised the Carnivale in 1990 in March- when did you cruise? I'm wondering if he was our CD and I didn't even know it!

We were on in Dec. You would have known if he were the CD. He was everywhere running everything! Cruising was very different back then wasn't it.