All access tour

Has anyone done this and is it worth the $150.00 charge. Also are you allowed to take your own pictures on the tour? I have emailed RCCL 3 times on this and yet to get an official answer??

:mad:

You are allowed to take photos. I believe there are areas where they don't want videos, such as the bridge, but can take still photos there.

Edited by clarea

Has anyone done this and is it worth the $150.00 charge. Also are you allowed to take your own pictures on the tour? I have emailed RCCL 3 times on this and yet to get an official answer??

I was considering it for a Nov 1 cruise on the Oasis but damn-$300.00 for 2 people seems like a LOT for it.

Did it on Oasis, don't think it was worth $150, but still glad I did it. You can take only photo's everywhere except the I95 (main passageway from one end of the ship to the other for crew)

My husband and I did it on our recent Allure cruise. Pricey, but worth doing it once. Yes, you can take photos. Be sur to follow the clothing rules (long pants, closed toed shoes) since you will be denied going on the tour otherwise.

I did it on our last trip as I like ships & have spent time at sea. It's about three hours but I thought it was worth it. We went thru' several parts of the galley, print shop, engine control room, recycling place, laundry, mess areas and finally the bridge. No video cameras allowed but stills OK. No open toed shoes allowed. Go for it :)

Edited by pspercy

Did it on Adventure during the eastbound TA crossing. JMHO but worth it, ending up with lunch in June MDR. Very informative on the behind the scenes workings of the theatre, studio B, recycling centre, veg prep areas, engine control room, crew food and beverage areas, food storage and finally the galley.

I won one at a Meet & Mingle two years ago. It was really interesting but I am pretty sure I wouldn't pay $150. At that time we could take non flash photos except areas sensitive to security. A security guard traveled with us.

Shak

Did the tour on Allure last year. $150pp is quite expensive considering but to my thinking, I will ever only going to do this once and pay $150 for the pleasure so it might as well be on the largest cruise ship in the world.

Was it worth it.......I thought the tour was fascinating and didn't regret paying for it but it is expensive for what it is. The whole tour does take 3-4hrs.

Taking still photos are not a problem on the tour so snap away even in the engine control room or bridge.

The tour was well done.

Our guide was well informed and the people who spoke in the individual areas did a great job.

When we were almost done we were offered drinks at the crews bar, and given our souveniers.

Glad we did it.

Sea Ya

Hi,

I have really enjoyed these "behind the scenes" tours. I have done the All Access Tour on the Allure of the Seas and similar tours on the Caribbean Princess and Queen Elizabeth. It is worth the price for me, but I am a huge cruise ship fan. :)

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Is any excursion worth it? Almost everything you do on the ship is overpriced, however, people still do it. I did it, and I enjoyed it. I'm a firm believer that if you have to ask if it is worth it, than maybe it isn't for you.

I recommend it at least once, and you may take as many still photos as you like.

We have done the Behind the Scenes Tour on Mariner, Freedom and Allure. I thought it was worth it for the various classes of ships we were on, but I doubt we'll pay to do it again. Here is a link to some from Mariner to give you and idea of what you'll see.

I have been contemplating doing this for sometime. I am a major ship/boat freak. The majority of my life consists of working on and maintaining smaller craft. 20-35foot vessels. My question is will they allow an 11 year old to take the tour as well? We sail Liberty next August and my boy would be completely in awe if he was allowed to take this tour. Whom in RCI do you contact to arrange this? Thanks Dan

My 12 year old (at the time) was allowed on the tour of Oasis last December. It was worth it for us, we had a great time. It was really fun seeing all the back stage operations. Took lots of photos except on I-95 where they prohibited photos. We are going on Oasis again this Dec and my son is going again, this time with my dad, who has never gone on Oasis. I'm not going since I've been on it once and there's really no need to go twice.