Royal princess m109 bz

bobontheblue

Just received our cabin assignment from Princess for our upcoming sailing on the Royal. Has anyone stayed in this room on a previous sailing. Have seen PAM from California comment that M. deck was not a fav. with her. As this cabin is well forward and partially obstructed, I was looking for some feedback. PAM if your reading this welcome back and as always thank you for your knowledge in all things Princess. Thanks to all who participate, that is what makes this site so great.:)

Just received our cabin assignment from Princess for our upcoming sailing on the Royal. Has anyone stayed in this room on a previous sailing. Have seen PAM from California comment that M. deck was not a fav. with her. As this cabin is well forward and partially obstructed, I was looking for some feedback. PAM if your reading this welcome back and as always thank you for your knowledge in all things Princess. Thanks to all who participate, that is what makes this site so great.:)

I'm not Pam, but what she did not like was being in a cabin under the open deck area where noise from activity above the M deck cabin can be disturbing.

M109 (which really is not an obstructed view cabin) has cabins above it, so will not have that noise problem.

Edited by caribill

This is a great location. The obstruction is a non-glass balcony. We were in M119 for 21 days. No concerns with location, no wait for an elevator. Only downside is long walk to elevator.

• 1 month later...

Is M109 on the Regal definitely a non-glass balcony??? If so, then I assume that beginning with M115 the rest are glass balcony? I just was contacted by Princess and accepted this cabin for our daughter (she had balcony guarantee). For some strange reason the pricing was $50 per person higher for the BZ obstructed versus a BF regular balcony guarantee. It's very close to the other cabins we have on this sailing, didn't have to pay any extra and Princess threw in an additional $50 OBC each for both of them staying in that cabin. Other choice was to have her cabin nowhere close to us. I was hoping it had the glass though. Oh well, can't have everything.

Mark

Is M109 on the Regal definitely a non-glass balcony??? If so, then I assume that beginning with M115 the rest are glass balcony? I just was contacted by Princess and accepted this cabin for our daughter (she had balcony guarantee). For some strange reason the pricing was $50 per person higher for the BZ obstructed versus a BF regular balcony guarantee. It's very close to the other cabins we have on this sailing, didn't have to pay any extra and Princess threw in an additional $50 OBC each for both of them staying in that cabin. Other choice was to have her cabin nowhere close to us. I was hoping it had the glass though. Oh well, can't have everything.

Mark

If its steel the website should have the obstructed warning in the cabin description.

Cabin Document Notes

Part Obstructed View.Glass Balcony Rail

This is what's listed on the confirmation. It's also listed on the confirmation for my cabin, which I know has the glass. I just can't make out for sure in the pictures that I found when using the search function.

Edited by markel201235

Cabin Document Notes

Part Obstructed View.Glass Balcony Rail

This is what's listed on the confirmation. It's also listed on the confirmation for my cabin, which I know has the glass. I just can't make out for sure in the pictures that I found when using the search function.

I think Dave had some great pictures of the Royal. Probably be able to confirm on one of those exterior ones.

markel201235 - You're welcome! Love doing the 'arrow thingy', got lots of practice last summer. ;)

Dave I am sure glad you own a helicopter, or a drone. ;)

Funny! lol ;) I took the 'aerial' picture from Paradise Point while we were docked at Havensight in St. Thomas last year, the other is from the pier in St. Marten.

:D

Look very carefully, at the deck plans, and call princess if need be. The cabin or space (where red arrow on the right is on that very cool photo) directly behind the bridge wing is a "blank area " and shows a balcony toward the outside and a stairwell marking by the starboard hallway. That steel balcony is actually part of that blank space and you can see that on the deck plan. That is an emergency stairwell w an exterior balcony area, can be used for whatever reson by crew.The right arrow on the left on Dave's photo, marked m115, is really m109, the first plexiglass balcony. Hence noted glass balcony, partially obstructed

Someone please do me a favor...it will just take a minute of your time and a relatively sharp eye. Here are two links; one is to a deck plan of Marina Deck on Regal/Royal Princess (both ships are identical in cabin placement and numbering), the other to an actual image of the ship.

Starting with and including stateroom M409 (that's not a typo) which is the first cabin just in front of the forward peak under SeaWalk, verify that cabin M109 is indeed the 41st cabin in front of the forward peak underneath Seawalk...

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8679/16007043151_21ce32642d_o.jpg

Then check this picture, and count 41 cabins from that same location just forward of the peak under SeaWalk, going forward...

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2817/9167282262_0aa62c7b11_o.jpg

...and tell me where/what M109 is, and what type of balcony it has.

THANK YOU.