Two cabins for the price of one

I've been watching rates like a hawk for our Thanksgiving Allure cruise. But we were fortunate to get a great rate for the 4 of us during the kids sail free promo so no upgrades possible.

Well today, after another price drop, I called RCI to see if we could downgrade and add another room. Turns out, we could with no problem!

We got two Boardwalk view cabins -- side by side -- for the same price. (Note Boardwalk view, not balcony.) We didn't pay an extra cent. That second bathroom will be worth it alone!

Of course, we'll miss our oceanview balcony. But with a tween and a teen, we can use the extra space ... and extra TV at night. :D

BTW -- the rep on the phone was absolutely wonderful and so helpful. And this swap was after final payment.

Ive been preaching this on the forum like its the word of God for months since I discovered it. Not new news to some but totally for me. Im also on Allure Thanksgiving . I booked originally at the low rate it is at now so no major upgrades or anything but 2 connecting central park view rooms were cheaper than one of the cheapest interiors. Those 2 for sales usually have inflated prices. Congrats and see ya on the cruise.

Debbie

Thank you for the nice comments! I really appreciate the love.

And I agree about the TV ... We never watch but our kids are back in the room by 10 at the latest so they enjoy watching TV and can never agree on anything. I've said it before ... If bickering were an Olympic sport, my kids would easily win the gold.

One small hassle I should have mentioned: two people had to be cancelled and rebooked because of this switch. So I had to rebook shows, dining, excursions for the cancelled duo. But it was a small price to pay. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the nice comments! I really appreciate the love.

And I agree about the TV ... We never watch but our kids are back in the room by 10 at the latest so they enjoy watching TV and can never agree on anything. I've said it before ... If bickering were an Olympic sport, my kids would easily win the gold.

One small hassle I should have mentioned: two people had to be cancelled and rebooked because of this switch. So I had to rebook shows, dining, excursions for the cancelled duo. But it was a small price to pay. :)

I hope you got all the shows and dining you wanted. I do think it is worth it. I will take two rooms any day with my girls vs sharing one room. I don't care what type of room it is. I have 10 and 13 year old daughters. I know all about bickering. My biggest problem on past cruises was that I'm an early riser and it was hard to not wake the others even just to quietly leave the room.

Debbie

I'm also sailing on thanksgiving cruise. I just called and they upgraded me to an ocean view balcony from a central Park balcony at no additional charge. The rep was very nice and helpful.

Very nice! Congrats. I hope to meet you on the cruise!