2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

All your points are valid. I have no argument at all. Just the thought of being in confined spaces causes such anxiety. I know the possibilities are extremely remote. But something about this just scares the heck out of me.

I won't say you are being irrational. We are leaving on Friday for a cruise and I'm definitely going. I refuse to lock myself up in my house and that is the only way you are completely safe. IMO the government has not done enough to keep us safe with not allowing people to fly into the US from Africa. We needed to stop allowing people to come here that could be affected.

But, that said I'm still going to cruise and have a wonderful time!!!!!

Edited by rlkubi

We need to remember..."Fearbola" is MUCH for contagious than Ebola! 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Head in sand is bad too

Logical knowledgable analysis of the info out there is the best medicine right now

Key word is logical and knowledgable

Severe lack of that not only in our government agency but in posters who joke about this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Folks,

We are on the Freedom next sunday. I don't want to go. Don't want to get on a plane, or get on a ship. Carnival can do the screening, but people will lie just to get on.

I don't think putting my families well being in jeopardy is smart right now.

Your thoughts are welcomed...

I don't blame you for being worried, but don't let that fear keep you from making wonderful memories with your family. The odds are very much in your favor and you will all probably be very safe. Maybe bring some extra hand sanitizer and be mindful of anyone who is coughing etc.

To everyone calling the OP irrational- Fear is not irrational. It's perfectly rational to be afraid of something like Ebola. I just hope the OP will overcome this fear when faced with the logic that states that they will be more likely to be fine and have a wonderful time than to end up sick.

The problem that needs to be address is the crew, they need safety plans for those who return to there home and come back to work in the cruise industry, a ship is a bad place for anything that can be spead. Im cruising in June on the Dream, I will be washing hands and having a ball

This is ridiculous. How do you know she withheld "pertinent" information? Your perfect 20/20 hindsight vision is real helpful (not). And your quote "she obviously didn't care" is an outright despicable thing to say about someone you don't know and circumstances you weren't privy to.

I think anyone would consider, "I was in charge of the lab where Mr. Duncan's samples were sent, handled those samples and there is a slight chance I might be contagious" is pertinent information....:rolleyes: And it is already evident that "she didn't care" since she went and all this is the result. Or do you mean she was just "clueless"....

Edited by BecciBoo

I would but I canceled my January cruise. I'm not worried about things now but I think by January it will be a very different story and higher level of risk. I hope I'm wrong.

Changed. Different thread. If you feel I insulted you, well after reading a few posts, you may have a point. I was not intending it as an insult, but as a statement of fact, as I see it. There is still "no case in the wild", and CCL victimized these two pax base on unfounded fears. This is going to get worse, and I do not mean Ebola. The projections of "consequences" base on fears and not fact scares me.

I cruise in 3 weeks. I have nothing to fear from Ebola. However if a pax from Texas gets the flu because they did not get vaccinated, I may be on a cruise to nowhere. Noro, the flu, a bad cold are all going to be classified as "a possible case of Ebola" because the pax exhibits "Ebola like symptoms". These fears lead to speculation that illegal immigrants are carrying the enterovirus and infecting American children.

I hope you understand that my frustrations with all these projections has frustrated me, and if that led to posts you felt insulted by, I extend an apology.

P.S. If you wish to repost this in the other thread, feel free to do so.

Gerry

Where is the Magic RIGHT NOW!

What port will the Magic return to? I think it is going to be very interesting how they handle this ship once is has docked. Will they quarantine the whole ship until she has tested negative for Ebola? How this is handled is going to tell how real the threat (scare) possibly is.

How come we have not heard from anyone aboard the Magic right now? I think there are a lot of unknowns that we are not even aware of and time will tell how serious this threat will become.

I have not read all the comments so please pardon me if this is a duplicate opinion.

Is it too much to ask that our country show as much concern for our safety as Belize did? They wouldn't even allow the ship to dock!

But we are going to welcome all 3,000 passengers when the ship returns to Galveston :rolleyes:

OMG! The sky is falling, the sky is falling.... The world is ending, arghhhh

So, would you be ok with going on a cruise next week? On the Magic? And being assigned the cabin used to quarantine the health care worker exposed to Ebola?