2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

I'm not sure what you mean by "full blown." It has been reported she had a 99.5 temp (barely above normal) and had some muscle aches. I'm not sure those are defined as "full blown."

I mean that she had symptoms above and beyond a low grade fever. (Which a low grade fever to me is a symptom). But our local news (I live down the street from her family) is now reporting that she had severe muscle aches, nausea, malaise (whatever that means), and fatigue. She had other, more severe symptoms than they were reporting. And most of this is now coming to light because her friends told on her. That she was also "feeling strange" as early as October 9.

This is my biggest fear. The younger generation under the Clinton's & Obama are the Me Me Me Generation. They don't think they did anything wrong, I'm sure of it.

Not only are they extremely self-centered but extremely uneducated and showing no common sense or concern for others.

The wife and I had a business with about 40-50 part time workers. Lazy and stupid do not properly describe them. This is Morris County, NJ which is very well educated (use to be anyway).

Things like this can kill the cruise industry in no time, I'm very concerned.

CaptDave

LOL......a bit of a broad paint brush there. All of the younger generation or just a certain %? Kinda like the beatniks of the 50's and the hippies of the 60's and early 70's? And what about the younger generation that segued from Clinton to Bush (or from Bush to Obama)?:rolleyes:

Ouch-harsh words towards somebody who didn't know she was ill and has less than 50% chance of surviving. Not sending any prayers her way, huh?

But I do think cruise lines, air travel, etc are all better safe than sorry.

Actually on the news this morning , she did know she was ill. They are now saying she felt sick on the way to Cleveland also and now are looking for those passengers . Again, common sense seems to be missing.

Why does everything bad about cruising (except Concordia) seem to happen to Carnival??? I know it can happen on any line, but it just seems like a streak of bad luck.

Edited by Sincity

This is my biggest fear. The younger generation under the Clinton's & Obama are the Me Me Me Generation. They don't think they did anything wrong, I'm sure of it.

Not only are they extremely self-centered but extremely uneducated and showing no common sense or concern for others.

The wife and I had a business with about 40-50 part time workers. Lazy and stupid do not properly describe them. This is Morris County, NJ which is very well educated (use to be anyway).

Things like this can kill the cruise industry in no time, I'm very concerned.

CaptDave

I know you yanks like your politics but not every incident in the world is a Republican vs Democrat issue. To blame a group of people because of something a President did 12-20 years ago is absolutely insane.

I mean that she had symptoms above and beyond a low grade fever. (Which a low grade fever to me is a symptom). But our local news (I live down the street from her family) is now reporting that she had severe muscle aches, nausea, malaise (whatever that means), and fatigue. She had other, more severe symptoms than they were reporting. And most of this is now coming to light because her friends told on her. That she was also "feeling strange" as early as October 9.

Malaise is a general tired/fatigued feeling. Thanks for clarifying.

"Let he who is without sin , cast the first stone. John 8:7

Who among us hasn't left the house to go to work, to the store or visit friends when we have a cold, a slight fever , a cough or been around someone else who was sick such as our kids. :rolleyes:

I can't believe how much people are bashing these employees. They had a stressful week at work and then they have mini vacations planned for the week or so after so they take them. They didn't have a fever when they left so they went on their planned vacation. You know how we love our cruises.

That being said...can you imagine the attempt to get your cruise insurance to cover the cost of the cruise.

"No, I'm not sick but I was exposed at work."

"Do you have ebola?"

"No but I've been ordered to stay home."

"Do you have a note from CDC?"

"No but they said to stay home."

"You need a letter from your doctor or CDC."

"But the cruise is next week and my doctor won't see me."

This is so strange, because I had a dream about Ebola on a cruise ship. I was looking it up on dream dictionary, and I was led to this message board!

Since this woman was a lab worker, I wouldn't be TOO scared. In the lab, you know you're handling bio-materials and an abundance of caution is used in every step. Handling a known ebola sample is no more or less risky than handling a sample of any biomaterial in the eyes of a lab worker.

These ridiculous proposals of people handling hazardous materials not being allowed to travel would cause hundreds if not thousands of people at research laboratories across the country to be banned from traveling. CDC workers who commit their lives to working in bio containment labs shouldn't be allowed to travel? The CDC has all sorts of biological samples of diseases that I definitely want no part of, and those diseases are regularly handled. The workers decon and go home without problems.

If everyone is that worried about contracting diseases, vaccination reports should be required before getting on planes/ships. Everyone should be required to take prophylactic antibiotics to prevent bacterial infections prior to boarding. Ebola is about the worst it can get, but there is a lot of other stuff that can kill you that I would prefer to avoid.

I really did NOT think Ebola would effect the cruise industry. I thought that the people that had contact with the virus were instructed not to travel for 21 days to ensure public health.

I for one am very glad Carnival is taking such a precaution for their other guests who probably do not want to take any chances. What a terrible way to spend her cruise & I feel sorry for her being quarantined, but, she probably should have waited to cruise just to be sure.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/17/dallas-lab-worker-quarantined-aboard-cruise-ship-other-passengers-stranded/

Edited by 6 of us

Who among us hasn't left the house to go to work, to the store or visit friends when we have a cold, a slight fever , a cough or been around someone else who was sick such as our kids. :rolleyes:

There is a HUGE difference between a cold and Ebola.

On TV this morning, they are saying the nurse has NO symptoms but has "self quarantined" herself in her room. Let's not assume she has anything yet...

This really freaks me out as I am supposed to be on the Magic next week! I am not afraid of catching ebola, I am afraid they are going to quarantine the ship once it comes in and therefore cancel my vacation, as well as panic thousands of people.