2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

So, would you be ok with going on a cruise next week? On the Magic? And being assigned the cabin used to quarantine the health care worker exposed to Ebola?

Yes to all three.

In a NY minute.

So anyone hold such a reservation, feel free to pm me.

BTW, no one actually knows whether or not that individual was exposed to the virus, so your post is a) inaccurate and b) how rumors and disinformation spread.

It's pure hysteria. On Facebook people are freaking out as well... 2 people out of 318 million does not a pandemic make. There is a difference between caution and hysteria... sadly many don't understand that. I have a bigger fear of the flu, e-coli, enterovirus, noro, etc.:

250,000 people (that's a conservative estimate) die EACH year from the flu, but people still don't get flu shots. 10,000 people have died in the 40 years we have had knowledge of Ebola and the now the world needs to be on lockdown because 1 of those people has died in the US.

"Let he who is without sin , cast the first stone. John 8:7

Who among us hasn't left the house to go to work, to the store or visit friends when we have a cold, a slight fever , a cough or been around someone else who was sick such as our kids. :rolleyes:

I can't believe how much people are bashing these employees. They had a stressful week at work and then they have mini vacations planned for the week or so after so they take them. They didn't have a fever when they left so they went on their planned vacation. You know how we love our cruises.

."

OMG, people, this is not a cold we're talking about! It's a killing machine. You can die in a few days if you contract it! If there was a snowball's chances in Hell I could potentially spread this disease to my family or friends, there is also no way in Hell I would subject them nor anyone on a cruise with me to it. Yes, I would have canceled...but that's just me, apparently I am in the minority.:cool:

And I get flu shots every year, my doctor makes me. And 10,000 is a little too many in my opinion. We have just been very lucky here so far..............

Edited by BecciBoo

250,000 people (that's a conservative estimate) die EACH year from the flu, but people still don't get flu shots. 10,000 people have died in the 40 years we have had knowledge of Ebola and the now the world needs to be on lockdown because 1 of those people has died in the US.

There is a BIG difference between the flu and Ebola!!

If you are that scared then you will probably not enjoy your cruise. For your sanity you and your family should probably stay home and relax. You can always cruise again when this Ebola crisis passes. I doubt you will get your money back even if you have insurance. But what is more important the money or your family's well being.

I would be more worried about the crew as well, staff is from all over the world, and contracts start and stop all the time, A worker could go home to there country for a month break, then get back on the ship, 20 days later start showing signs of illness. Same thing goes for WDW, where they like to have staff from around the world.

With NO MEDICAL EXPERTISE WHATSOEVER.......Yep

If that is true then maybe this really is a hoax?

I don't think it is but why no medical experience?

They could have hired me for that matter....

Oh wait I use logic. Forget it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All because idiots can't use their common sense and STAY HOME. Just like the dumb one who took a plane to Cleveland the day before symptoms started. If I was a worker in that hospital I would stay home out of courtesy for OTHERS. I just can't with these stupid people!!!!

^^^THIS!!!^^^ :confused:

We just got off the NCL Gem on 9/27 and I said to my husband "I think we should take a break for a bit." I don't know, just don't understand people's thinking and non-consideration for others.

I don't understand the snarkiness and sarcasm here.

I am booked on two cruises with Disney and Carnival. If I have to cancel, I will.

NCL Breakaway Weekend 1/14

NCL Gem CTN 11/13

Disney Dream 8/2013

NCL Jewel 2 day CTN 1/2013

NCL Gem CTN 1/2012

Carnival Sensation Bahamas 3/12

Disney Magic NYC CTN 8/12

NCL Gem CTN 2/11

NCL Gem Bahamas 11/10

NCL Gem CTN 1/10

Carnival Sensation Bahamas 5 /09

NCL Spirit CTN 10/07

Carnival Fascination Bahamas 11/02

There is a BIG difference between the flu and Ebola!!

Yup. I don't personally know anyone who has died from Ebola, but a former coworker of mine died from the flu. Age 48, two young daughters, no other health problems :(

I've been wiping down, with disinfectant wipes, airplane armrests and seat backs for years. I'm also a frequent hand washer when on travel. I still get sick once in a while, but I still choose to travel. Life is too short to hide under the covers afraid to leave the house.

Much ado about nothing. I can already hear the passengers screaming for compensation. Is CNN showing footage of the Triumph, again?

Lets hope and pray that it is much ado about nothing

That can't be assumed until we know the lab worker tests negative

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everyone was allowed off the ship in Belize except for 2 people... the lab supervisor and her travel companion. Let's work to not spread false rumors... the lab supervisor is board 1 days out from POSSIBLE contact with specimens.

has anyone been able to confirm this. Belize (you can find this google Belize channel 5 news) claim that they did not let anyone off the ship. Carnival claim they did. UK sky news news also describes that ship was stranded off belize but gives no further details. Someone is not correct. I have tried to find the ship on the coz webcams but can't it also ships own cams are not working (at least not for me). Has anyone got any other info about where it is now. or any links to working cam in coz or on the ship.