pub lunch

eskiemom

We just returned from a 4 day. They had a pub lunch on the sea day and it's my understanding that they only do them on sea days. There are two different menus, so if you cruise has 2 sea days, you might get to try both of them. When we went on a 7 dayer with 2 sea days, we got a different menu for each of them.

The first one is the one with the fish and chips, steak and kidney pie, the Ploughman's lunch, and one other item that I just can't remember (sorry). My husband had the fish and chips and said it was hot and good - three pieces of fish, mushy peas, tartar sauce and chips. Vinegar is on the table. I had the Ploughman's - I am a vegetarian, so I ate the cheese and crusty roll with the pickle but there was also several slices of ham and two slices of pate.

My wife and I sailed on the Golden last year to Hawaii and tried the `Pub Lunch`,after eating fabulous food in the various restaurants we thought it would be nice to have `Fish and Chips`,what a disappointment it was..If you really want fish and chips get yourselves over to England where the fish has to be either cod or haddock,properly battered and served with mushy peas as only the English can do them,..On the Golden it was advertised as English fish and chips which we were quite embarrassed about as it bore no resemblance to our national dish in either quality or presentation.

On the Golden it was advertised as English fish and chips which we were quite embarrassed about as it bore no resemblance to our national dish in either quality or presentation.

Sort of like hamburgers in England. ;) I don't think Princess claims the pub lunch is supposed to be 100% authentic.

My wife and I sailed on the Golden last year to Hawaii and tried the `Pub Lunch`,after eating fabulous food in the various restaurants we thought it would be nice to have `Fish and Chips`,what a disappointment it was..If you really want fish and chips get yourselves over to England where the fish has to be either cod or haddock,properly battered and served with mushy peas as only the English can do them,..On the Golden it was advertised as English fish and chips which we were quite embarrassed about as it bore no resemblance to our national dish in either quality or presentation.

We have had London Fish and Chips twice. Both times it was far greasier in London then on Princess ships. Best to give it a try. Enjoy

We have had London Fish and Chips twice. Both times it was far greasier in London then on Princess ships. Best to give it a try. Enjoy

We were happy with the fish and chips on the Star cruise to Hawaii. It was as good as I remember getting in London on a trip 34 years ago. Guess it depends on where you get the food (different ships, different pubs). BTW, my wife had the curry chicken on the second Pub Lunch and thought it was excellent. I say try the Pub Lunch. If you don't care for it, go up to the buffet or down to the dining room. :cool:

I complained about the mushy peas (garden peas attempted to be mushed) and they were better on the Regal earlier this year. Worst thing about it was the jazz they had playing - wouldn't sit through that again if paid to do it.

I just checked our 9/29 patters (5 day) from the CB & was surprised not to the Pub lunch being offered. We did have 2 sea days but I guess they though it to busy to bother with it. :(

BTW- it wasn't offered on the 4 day trip either and there seemed to be plenty of time to arrange it since we only went to Princess Cays during the whole trip. ;)

I just checked our 9/29 patters (5 day) from the CB & was surprised not to the Pub lunch being offered. We did have 2 sea days but I guess they though it to busy to bother with it. :(

BTW- it wasn't offered on the 4 day trip either and there seemed to be plenty of time to arrange it since we only went to Princess Cays during the whole trip. ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to check your patters. I have done pub lunch before and it has been hit or miss. Still plenty of food offers!

While you still might have access to the patters, do you remember what might have been on MUTS? That is something I really enjoy on a ship.

Thanks again