Can someone give me really good walking directions?

bragstarr

Arriving on NCL Breakaway in January. We dock at Havensight and are taking an NCL tour at 1:15 which gives us the morning to explore and we want to walk into downtown Charlotte Amalie to see a couple of the sights. I keep reading all sorts of walking directions, something about cutting through the Yacht Club but I am CONFUSED! And yes, I know we can take a cab, but after all the eating I can use the walk....hear it's about a mile and a half in each direction, something we do at home all the time with no problem. Thanks.

It is easy. From the dock, you walk left to the end of the dock. You will see signs for Yacht Haven Grande-not the yacht club, which is elsewhere ;). Just walk through and follow the signs to town. When you leave Yacht Haven Grande, you will be on a sidewalk along the waterfront. Keep going for about a mile, you will pass the legislature building on the left and (under reconstruction) Fort Christian on the right and...voila! You are in town.

Um, I think the reference to walk left is a little confusing. You need to walk north along the walkway directly alongside the pier. If it's early in the morning, you will pass taxis parked just past the first cruise ship. At that point look left and you should see a mock sugar mill which is on Yacht Haven Grande property. Head to that sugar mill and follow the sidewalk west to town.

Thank you...I just looked up Yacht Haven Grande...so it's a combination of marina and stores.....I'll figure this out. Thanks!

My late DH and I walked that route many times. You won't get confused. It is obvious you need to exit the Havensight shopping area, go to the street and turn left. It's easy and we always found it an easy walk.