Lobster Night

jack300s

We finished our 14 day Panama Canal Cruise on the Pearl this past Friday. Many have asked the status of lobster night.

On the Pearl we did not see any lobster tail night in the main dinning rooms or the buffet. One night in the buffet they did have a lobster/seafood pasta night. Which we did not attend.

The only lobster tail I found was in LeBristo for $10 dollars extra. It was roasted buttered cut up lobster tail (two tails). Very good.

I did not see Lobster tail as an extra in Cagneys.

Hope this helps...

No lobster on Getaway Oct 4 either

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

i was told by my norwegian personal cruise consultant there would be lobster tails in the buffet on the second night. did you not go there of is there surely no lobster on board the getaway

It has been widely reported sometime over the summer that lobster was removed from all free venues on all ships. We has lobster tails at the buffet on night 2 of a May BA cruise. It seems around July this was stopped and the only sign of lobster is pieces in a lobster pasta in the buffet on night 2 or a tail for an additional $10 at Le Bistro restaurant

Lobster tails no longer on ncl. Only Le bistro for a fee! The lobster pasta in the buffet is your only other option.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Complimentary lobster is gone. At our seafood buffet evening on the Star in July, there was almost no seafood there (e.g., no shrimp in the shrimp pasta). The food was okay, but I have no idea why they called it a "seafood" buffet. I'm not sure if they were using revised (less expensive) recipes or if there was just an issue with provisioning on our ship.

Edited by cruis247g

Two different things. There is dish with some pieces of lobster plus other seafood included in Le bistro cover then there are lobster tails for an extra charge, I think

Nope, check the menus. Lobster tails as an added extra have been gone for a while. The lobster dish I am referring to is a $10 up charge without the UDP.

Nope, check the menus. Lobster tails as an added extra have been gone for a while. The lobster dish I am referring to is a $10 up charge without the UDP.

Sorry, I wasn't answering the UDP question. I have no idea about that.

But isn't there a lobster tail on the menu at Le Bistro? I thought I just saw it in May?!

Sorry, I wasn't answering the UDP question. I have no idea about that.

But isn't there a lobster tail on the menu at Le Bistro? I thought I just saw it in May?!

LeBistro has 2 dishes with lobster. One is a fruit de mar in puff pastry the other is a butter poached lobster tail. There is no longer a steamed lobster or lobster tail. Both items currently on the menu are pieces of lobster in a creamy type sauce.

The butter poached is a tail, right? I think that is what I said. That there was a lobster tail for an extra charge (I didn't say anything about how it was cooked) and a mixed seafood dish with pieces of lobster and other fish that is NOT an extra charge.

Apparently, with UDP even the lobster tail has no extra charge

The butter poached is a tail, right? I think that is what I said. That there was a lobster tail for an extra charge (I didn't say anything about how it was cooked) and a mixed seafood dish with pieces of lobster and other fish that is NOT an extra charge.

Apparently, with UDP even the lobster tail has no extra charge

It's not a whole lobster tail. It's cubes of poached lobster meat mixed with potatoes and artichoke hearts in a creamy sauce.

i was told by my norwegian personal cruise consultant there would be lobster tails in the buffet on the second night. did you not go there of is there surely no lobster on board the getaway

We were in a suite. I specifically asked the Butler if lobster was available and he said no, as did the Haven dining room...

Edited by Medtech2

Dear cruis247g,

NCL now may mean SeeFood...:eek:

Lobster from , the real US State of Maine one, is at a very low cost basis as they have had more supply now in the raising of them.

Most Lobster Tails aboard were and are not at all or any part Maine.

Shrimp also , American ones, are at a lowered cost basis now the American Shrimp Farms are up to speed indeed.

NCL may just not want have this area of Seafood supplied as so many paying cruisers desire having quality seafood to have aboard.

The more passengers, and now finally shareholders, which request seafood more they may again reinstate this wonderful area of normal cruising consumption...

:cool:

Complimentary lobster is gone. At our seafood buffet evening on the Star in July, there was almost no seafood there (e.g., no shrimp in the shrimp pasta). The food was okay, but I have no idea why they called it a "seafood" buffet. I'm not sure if they were using revised (less expensive) recipes or if there was just an issue with provisioning on our ship.

If someone gets a chance, maybe they can post a picture of the lobster dishes that are being served. We were able to get lobster at Teppanyaki for an extra $10.00 fee last year on the Pearl and I believe that some in our party got it on the Getaway this past April also at Teppanyaki.