Lobster Night

jack300s

while talking with my norwegian personal cruise consultant today, he had told me about the sunday night lobster buffet in the garden cafe. He said they do have it. So I'm confused why my personal cruise consultant would say " be sure to go to the lobster buffet on sunday night"

maybe someone else can reach out to their person cruise consultant too

while talking with my norwegian personal cruise consultant today, he had told me about the sunday night lobster buffet in the garden cafe. He said they do have it. So I'm confused why my personal cruise consultant would say " be sure to go to the lobster buffet on sunday night"

Unfortunately many NCL PCCs are poorly trained and ill-informed...and this is an example .

I have a friend who is a lobsterman in Massachusetts, so I know that lobster is not expensive at the pier/supplier level. So, I'd be surprised if that was the reason.

I'm really wondering if NCL just stopped serving lobster because their cooking of it was inconsistent? I know when I had the lobster a few years ago that it was overcooked and rather dry, butter or no butter.

That was one of the few disappointments we had with the food for that cruise.

We were pretty much used to the half (rock) lobster tail bolstered with some type of white fish fillet beneath it most times in the MDR. We were therefore surprised when they served real Maine lobster tails on the Jewel last May during out PC Transit and Repo (right before dry dock).

The lobster was not overcooked, nor dry. We each ordered two and I gave DH half of my second one. Which I shouldn't have done, as the first one was on the salty side while the second one was sweet, sweet, sweet :p

Not to change the subject, but addressing a few other NCL seafood, as a whole, comments. We first started out with 6 jumbo shrimp (prawns) with our Cagney's cocktail. Later it became 4 and most recently 3. I'm used to smaller amounts at lunch, but here I'm talking about dinner...

Edited by kcfoxy

The reason is simple- cost.

They need to use their considerable buying power to bring the price down, then. As of 10/18, my friend the lobsterman is charging a normal $7.99/lb for medium and large lobsters. So, at the dock the lobster are very reasonably priced.

We were pretty much used to the half (rock) lobster tail bolstered with some type of white fish fillet beneath it most times in the MDR. We were therefore surprised when they served real Maine lobster tails on the Jewel last May during out PC Transit and Repo (right before dry dock).

The lobster was not overcooked, nor dry. We each ordered two and I gave DH half of my second one. Which I shouldn't have done, as the first one was on the salty side while the second one was sweet, sweet, sweet :p

Not to change the subject, but addressing a few other NCL seafood, as a whole, comments. We first started out with 6 jumbo shrimp (prawns) with our Cagney's cocktail. Later it became 4 and most recently 3. I'm used to smaller amounts at lunch, but here I'm talking about dinner...

On our recent Pearl Panama Canal Cruise it was 4 medium sized shrimp in the cocktail for lunch in Cagneys.

Dear Snowrose,

Ma. vs Me. On Professional Lobstering you have to ask your friend. In Maine they limit the licenses given.vast quatities

IMHO I do think it is NCL choice for lobster and shrimp on the lack of is people so enjoy and consume vast quantities. So it is all dollars and cents saving NCL thousands. But making us paying cruisers in wanting. By going to the Pay more eateries they gain

more revenues especially adding an additional charge /Seefood/Sea food fee .:mad:

Lobster is at a record low. Even here in the Greater NJ/NYC area

which has the worlds best and most competitive seafood markets. At the Supermarkets $4.99 to $5.99 per pound but min is 1 1/4 pound Lobster.included.

Many long term ads run in the papers at Twin Lobsters $19.95 etc with all the veggies etc..

NCL has a home Port in NYC.NY where the largest suppliers are too.

SO it is puzzling why they do not have great seafood and real NY Cheeses cakes.:eek:

I have a friend who is a lobsterman in Massachusetts, so I know that lobster is not expensive at the pier/supplier level. So, I'd be surprised if that was the reason.

I'm really wondering if NCL just stopped serving lobster because their cooking of it was inconsistent? I know when I had the lobster a few years ago that it was overcooked and rather dry, butter or no butter.

That was one of the few disappointments we had with the food for that cruise.

It's not a lobster buffet night. There is a lobster pasta in the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone 5s