Solarium experiences on silhouette in the Caribbean

amscene1

Obviously depends on the weather as many prefer outdoor pool areas, with sun and shaded spots out there. Hopefully loud music is now modulated so more will hang out there.

The solarium area does get crowded early in the day...and after lunchtime,. same with the solarium pool, Some cruisers use it as a comfy place to nap, others hog tables to play cards..,but you can usually find a spot to sit and a space in the pool. Sometimes the noise builds and it is not a quiet sanctuary....other times it is perfect, esp port days before the crowds return.

We go early when it is not too crowded. They have a nice lunch at AQ cafe...but menu may have changed since our last Silho cruise.

Definitely a space to check out...

How busy is it? Can I get a chair in the middle of a sea day?

Is the pool crowded? Hot tubs? Do they offer refreshments or

Snake poolside?

Please tell me your experience...

I hope not. I'm terrified of snakes!!!!:eek:

Obviously depends on the weather as many prefer outdoor pool areas, with sun and shaded spots out there. Hopefully loud music is now modulated so more will hang out there.

The solarium area does get crowded early in the day...and after lunchtime,. same with the solarium pool, Some cruisers use it as a comfy place to nap, others hog tables to play cards..,but you can usually find a spot to sit and a space in the pool. Sometimes the noise builds and it is not a quiet sanctuary....other times it is perfect, esp port days before the crowds return.

We go early when it is not too crowded. They have a nice lunch at AQ cafe...but menu may have changed since our last Silho cruise.

Definitely a space to check out...

If I want to relax and play cards at a table in the Solarium why would I be HOGGING a table and chairs???? :rolleyes: Maybe I am also hogging that chair in the Martini bar as I sit there enjoying my cocktails......

If I want to relax and play cards at a table in the Solarium why would I be HOGGING a table and chairs???? :rolleyes: Maybe I am also hogging that chair in the Martini bar as I sit there enjoying my cocktails......

I think the poster was referring to those that use the Solarium tables and chairs to play cards when the Aqua Spa cafe is open; leaving no place for those getting food to sit down with it. They then have to either balance the plates on their laps using the loungers or go elsewhere. I agree that this rather inconsiderate of the card players.

I think the poster was referring to those that use the Solarium tables and chairs to play cards when the Aqua Spa cafe is open; leaving no place for those getting food to sit down with it. They then have to either balance the plates on their laps using the loungers or go elsewhere. I agree that this rather inconsiderate of the card players.

They have placed signs on the tables about not using the tables during dining time for playing games. One group was playing cards and removed the sign and the rest of the dining condiments. The manager approached them and requested that they leave. One of the females ( can't call her a lady) asked if they could stay if eating. He said that would be alright. She got up and took a bread stick and laid it on the table and they continued to play their game while she looked around challenging anyone to a confrontation. The sign should state that no game playing during the dining hours.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks...that is exactly what I meant...esp when I recall seeing sheltered table just outside the solarium where they could play cards . It is much harder to get out there with food which is discouraged by management... We have had to eat standing up or on a plant ledge more than once....This table area is for the cafe patrons at certain times...not a card room!

They have placed signs on the tables about not using the tables during dining time for playing games. One group was playing cards and removed the sign and the rest of the dining condiments. The manager approached them and requested that they leave. One of the females ( can't call her a lady) asked if they could stay if eating. He said that would be alright. She got up and took a bread stick and laid it on the table and they continued to play their game while she looked around challenging anyone to a confrontation. The sign should state that no game playing during the dining hours.

Happy cruisng

WOW!

Guess she was just another "Classy Cruiser" Celebrity has attracted recently in the name of Modern Luxury!

Hope we'll have nicer mates on our cruise!

Edited by hcat

Back to the OP's question: I found the solarium very crowded on sea days unless very early in the morning and later in the afternoon. The pool and hot tubs were relatively empty, but all of the loungers were filled with sleeping guests, some snoring rather loudly.

We found this fairly amusing the first time, but it got old as the cruises went on.

How busy is it? Can I get a chair in the middle of a sea day?

Is the pool crowded? Hot tubs? Do they offer refreshments or

Snake poolside?

Please tell me your experience...

Snakes???? Does "Modern Luxury" now includes snakes???? Do we need to bring weapons when encountering "Modern Luxury"?

Snakes???? Does "Modern Luxury" now includes snakes???? Do we need to bring weapons when encountering "Modern Luxury"?

The snakes were probably used to control any rodent problem, then they needed the chair hogs to control the snake problem. :rolleyes:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅