Lanyard For SeaPass Card?

I have started using a lanyard when on a ship. I like it because when on the ship all I need is my Seapass card. I have that on the lanyard. Now when I go ashore my card goes in my wallet, that way I do not advertise I am a tourist.

So what do you wear for clothes that doesn't make you look like a tourist?;):p

I recently bought a lovely lanyard at a craft show that is crystals, and looks more like jewelry than a lanyard. I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. My sea pass goes on it, I have a drink in one hand, Hubby"s hand in the other, and all is right with the world:)

Well that's great that you have never ever lost them, actually that's awesome but once in awhile things happen....... But I'm sure it will never happen to you and only to me.

Agree...I lost my Sail and Sign on my first cruise (Carnival) within seconds of stepping into our room.

You don't have to wear the lanyard around your neck.

Most of the time, I loop mine around my belt and drop the card in my pocket.

Don't thread you belt through the lanyard. Just push a loop of the lanyard under the belt. Then, thread the card and remaining lanyard through the loop. Take up the slack and drop card in you pocket.

Easy to pull out for use and keeps it away from cell phones and other demagnitizers etc.

Edited by Calgon1

I keep mine on a lanyard and don't care if other folks think it looks cool or not.

+2 for us.

So far, nobody has told us that we look like fools, whereas at least twice a cruise, someone asks were we got our lanyards.

Ours came from an F1 race at the Spa track in Belgum. But they are found all over the place.

(and if someone is bothered by my lanyard, that's not really my problem. that's theirs.)

You don't have to wear the lanyard around your neck.

Most of the time, I loop mine around my belt and drop the card in my pocket.

Don't thread you belt through the lanyard. Just push a loop of the lanyard under the belt. Then, thread the card and remaining lanyard through the loop. Take up the slack and drop card in you pocket.

Easy to pull out for use and keeps it away from cell phones and other demagnitizers etc.

What a wonderful idea. Thanks.

We use the lanyards. One of the most laughable excuses for not wearing one is that it makes you look like a tourist. In the Caribbean, there's a good chance that the lanyard is not what's giving you away...lol. After 16 cruises with Royal, we certainly aren't trying to impress the other passengers or the crew. We use the lanyard for convenience. It works well for us. We had some teens on board a few years ago who opted not to use the lanyard and that was fine with us. On night two, they asked if we had spare lanyards. They had been to Guest Services twice to replace their card that had gotten away from them. We tuck them in our shirt so they don't dangle into anything or get caught on anything. makes us totally hands free and we don't have to scramble to find it to get on the ship or make a purchase on board. If you base wearing or not wearing a lanyard as to whether someone is cool, you aren't someone we would want to hang out with anyway. You're too insecure for us.

Lots of clutch type purses have a magnetic clasp and that will wipe your card clean in a heartbeat.

Exactly. After a few cruises with multiple trips to Guest Services to have my card re-issued I finally figured it out. Though I never carry a purse on board during the day, I do bring a tiny one to dinner each night. It has a magnetic closure.....that was the culprit!

I put ours on lanyards so that I can loop the cord around my bag (i.e. pool bag, or stick it inside my clutch). So much easier just to pull the cord to find the card). Saves us time when we (HE) tosses the card somewhere on the countertop in our cabin or inside my LARGE pool bag. We DO NOT wear it around our necks although we have seen several people do so on the ship.

I put ours on lanyards so that I can loop the cord around my bag (i.e. pool bag, or stick it inside my clutch). So much easier just to pull the cord to find the card). Saves us time when we (HE) tosses the card somewhere on the countertop in our cabin or inside my LARGE pool bag. We DO NOT wear it around our necks although we have seen several people do so on the ship.

OK - that is a great tip. THANKS

M

Like everything else, it's a question of personal preference. DH has to wear a lanyard every day for work to hold his multiple ID badges, and there is no way he'd wear one of vacay. I always pack a couple of really small, lightweight cross-body bags, without magnetic closures, to hold my sea pass card, sunglasses, etc. It's been working for me for years.

So what do you wear for clothes that doesn't make you look like a tourist?;):p

I usually wear what I wear at home when out and about shorts and a golf shirt and my hat. My camera is small enough to fit in my pocket as well.

I use a lanyard worn around my neck and while on the top deck wind gust blew the pass out of the pouch. I should have had it under my shirt. If it's Ok to mention company names I found a holder made by Swiss Gear that's worn around the neck. It has three pockets with Velcro to hold them closed. Can carry passport, Sea Pass and receipts easily.

I recently bought a lovely lanyard at a craft show that is crystals, and looks more like jewelry than a lanyard. I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. My sea pass goes on it, I have a drink in one hand, Hubby"s hand in the other, and all is right with the world:)

Love your attitude!!😃

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App

I'm overweight, pasty from lack of sun and have a loud Jersey voice, and will likely be drinking cocktails with umbrellas anywhere I go. I doubt the lanyard isn't what will nail me as a tourist :-)

😄😄😄

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Is this considered a lanyard? I use those stretchy things that people put keys on. You know the thing with a ton of loops and a key ring and a clip and it can stretch really far. I clip one end to the key ring part and I have guest services punch a hole in my card and then loop the card onto the key ring part. I bought a clear one at Wal-Mart years ago. Then I clip it together and loop it around my wrist or clip it to my bag if needed. If I'm not carrying anything and just swimming in the pool or running somewhere really quick it's easy to just loop it around my wrist.

Not as big or noticable as something around my neck and since it is clear not as colorful.

So does that make me a dork? Is it a lanyard? If so then buh buy clippy thing. :eek: