-LIVE- Liberty - Transatlantic 10-26-14

Twibes

Hey everyone!

My last live report was a year ago when sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas. That proved tricky as internet was a bit finicky, none the less I can only hope this trek across the wide open sea proves more successful review wise. I'm a 36 year old measly little Platinum sailing with the g/f who's younger and better looking than me. By the time this 13 night sailing is over I'll be Emerald and hopefully not single, but who's counting! This cruise originates in Barcelona, Spain and stops at Cadiz, Tenerife, and La Palma in the Canaries. From there it's a straight week sailing across the Atlantic to FLL.

I'm happy to say that we'll be sailing with no less than 250 other Cruise Critic Fanatics and our Meet & Mingle is well above 250 I believe (Thanks to a3Lakes for organizing the roll call!) This mingle should prove to be be more cramped and packed than my 1 piece of luggage. Although many of my fellow cruisers have already shipped out and chosen selective service, off to fight the battles airlines vs leg room, I'm still stuck in the Pittsburgh area until we fly out Saturday morning.

While sharing this experience with everyone onboard, we'll be recording most of what we see/hear/and hope to hide on a GoPro so there will be a pretty good length video to come following the completion of this voyage. If anyone has questions or concerns while the weekend progresses and after we've already passed all the ebola, flu, cold, hangnail, & bandaid checkpoints :p we'll do our best to answer them for you!

Just a note of importance, aside from being slightly sarcastic (I really do try to make things interesting), we also have the drink package while staying in the JS this cruise so I may or may not be clear headed during the question / answer portion of this review :D.

looking forward to your review!

Do you by chance have the link for your Granduer review...I would be interested in reading that since we will be going on Granduer in 2016....the only RC ships I have been on are Explorer.

Safe travels!

looking forward to your review!

Do you by chance have the link for your Granduer review...I would be interested in reading that since we will be going on Granduer in 2016....the only RC ships I have been on are Explorer.

Safe travels!

Here you go, the 2013 Grandeur Review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1940705

Subscribed and looking forward to your reports - will be sailing Liberty NEXT October - and in a junior suite - so hoping you will send some detailed pics of your junior suite and balcony. Wishing you smooth sailing and a great cruise!!

Thanks! We'll definitely have good photos of that and video as well. We'll be on Deck 9, JS 9598 forward of the Hump.

Edited by Twibes

Tim, we got off Liberty last Sunday, I can tell you she's looking very well, the crew are excellent (particularly CD Luke and his team), the shows are top notch, and the food was excellent.

Looking forward to getting back on board vicariously through your eyes!

Although we are looking forward to a different dining experience with Dynamic Dining on Quantum, we are hoping that LIBERTY keeps traditional dining. I know Allure and Oasis are converting and they are thinking about it for other ships. Please keep your eyes and ears open to see if there are any plans to convert Liberty to Dynamic Dining. We are hoping it stays traditional - love having the same waitstaff every night. Hoping not all ships converted to Dynamic Dining. We want the variety of choices for different ships - not all the same. It would be nice to know that Liberty will stay traditional. THANKS!!

Looking forward to joining you on this trip - particularly looking forward to your Halloween outfit ;)

Aaaaah yes, the halloween outfit, if you can even call it that! That will probably fall on Day 7's review :D.

Tim, we got off Liberty last Sunday, I can tell you she's looking very well, the crew are excellent (particularly CD Luke and his team), the shows are top notch, and the food was excellent.

Looking forward to getting back on board vicariously through your eyes!

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear it's ready to go.. I'm sure all of us from the Liberty Roll Call will put her through her paces. The only thing that matters is the food is plenty and liquor is flowing for all the beverage packages we have on this cruise. I hope the internet cooperates enough to keep the photos 'live' and a video or two as well.

I'm looking forward to reading your perspective Tim. Thanks for doing this. You mentioned sketchy internet. How bad is it?

Colleen

Well on Grandeur last year it was hit or miss, but everything I loaded via tablet while in the centrum was about as fast as a Comcast Slowski Turtle and that's a compliment! I've been reading the LIVE Oasis TA thread here that's active as we speak, and seeing different perspectives on the internet. I know we plan on using an unlimited plan so, lets just hope for the best. :cool:

Looking forward to reading your review, and being part of the group. We might have to wait until we return to read it, but it'll be worth it and we can relive the experience. :D ;)

See you onboard on Sunday, have a safe flight over.

Margaret

Keep her nice and pretty, we will be sailing on her when she gets back to the U.S. after your cruise !

Aaahhhh another Steelers fan alongside me huh! I sure hope when we get off they refill this puppy with all we took from it over a 2 week period! We're just now packing for our flight out tomorrow, however many of our roll call members are already enjoying the streets of Barcelona as we speak.

Sometime tomorrow the Live photos/review will begin. Thanks everyone for following!