Alternate uses-coffee card punches??

tabprincess

They average about $2.75 each and then there would be 15% on top of that. The coffee card is definitely the way to go even if you aren't having coffee. Without a card each dessert would be $3.16, so for 11 it would come to $34.76. The card costs $33.35. Do the math. :)

Do you know if gelato is served on the Golden Princess?

Do you know if gelato is served on the Golden Princess?

It is not. The only ships with gelato at the IC are the Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

Those three ships had an IC when they were built and there was room for the gelato case and gelato making facilities.

The other Grand class ships had an IC added after they were built and did not have room for the Gelato case and/or the gelato making facilities.

Edited by caribill

It's the brewed coffee that you can't get unlimited of. The Specialty coffees are per punch & you can use the card on any ship till they're gone. People were keeping their old coffee cards forever to get unlimited brewed coffee on any ship & even lending the cards out, selling them on eBay so they had to put a stop to it. Today the card is good for unlimited brewed coffee only on the ship where it's purchased.

Learned something. Thanks.

On the initial cruise: Unlimited fresh brewed with no punch and specialty with a punch

On subsequent cruises: Fresh brewed with a punch and specialty with a punch

It's pretty simple.

That was with the old style coffee card.

The type that has been in use for about two years now does not have that last punch restriction.

Thanks caribill and LoveToCruisePrincess

My cruise was less than a year ago, and they cut me off. I understand the issues with cheaters. There is a spot for the voyage number on the back they could have used, or written it on the front if flipping the card was a hassle.

I'll just double check with barista at some point. It's easy enough to save the 15th Americano for debarkation morning.

That was my point. On subsequent cruises, brewed coffee costs you a punch. No more punches, no more brewed coffee. It was explained on CB last March that you can not use punches for specialty coffee after the cruise where you bought the card only brewed coffee.

Thats interesting. I used mine on CB and had no problems. I also used it on the Island, Grand and Golden in September with no problems. I had some OBC left so I purchased a Coffee Card that I did not use and they did not mark it with the Ship and Date. Once I use up my old card I will start my new one. I dont think that they should ding you for prebuying a coffee card.. it only means I plan on cruising more with Princess...:D:D

I use to have Room Service get me coffee in the AM but for me the coffee that room service brought on the Royal broke me of that habit. It was awful. I think they did it just so you would spend the money on a coffee card..LOL:)

Thats interesting. I used mine on CB and had no problems. I also used it on the Island, Grand and Golden in September with no problems. I had some OBC left so I purchased a Coffee Card that I did not use and they did not mark it with the Ship and Date. Once I use up my old card I will start my new one. I dont think that they should ding you for prebuying a coffee card.. it only means I plan on cruising more with Princess...:D:D

I use to have Room Service get me coffee in the AM but for me the coffee that room service brought on the Royal broke me of that habit. It was awful. I think they did it just so you would spend the money on a coffee card..LOL:)

Room service coffee is still the same coffee made from syrup concentrate that you get at the buffet or in the dining room. There are some who believe Royal coffee is better and being done differently. I spent 30 days on the Royal and to me, nothing was different.

Thanks caribill and LoveToCruisePrincess

My cruise was less than a year ago, and they cut me off. I understand the issues with cheaters. There is a spot for the voyage number on the back they could have used, or written it on the front if flipping the card was a hassle.

I'll just double check with barista at some point. It's easy enough to save the 15th Americano for debarkation morning.

I found if I tipped my barista cash each time, when I ran out of punches on the card and only wanted a cup of brewed coffee they gave it to me anyway.. Just a thought.

I found if I tipped my barista cash each time, when I ran out of punches on the card and only wanted a cup of brewed coffee they gave it to me anyway.. Just a thought.

The current coffee card allows continued "free" brewed coffee (on the voyage card was purchased) even after all punches have been used.

• 2 weeks later...
The current coffee card allows continued "free" brewed coffee (on the voyage card was purchased) even after all punches have been used.

I agree, but what we were referring to is the CC person that had their card taken away. I also was referring to when I use up my card from a previous trip, therefore the free brewed coffee would not apply to this.