Complimentary upgrade

jerseygirl3

I should know this but for some reason I've forgotten. Do captains club members get the one cat upgrade only when booking onboard? And also can u upgrade from a C2 to a C1?

To my knowledge:

One category upgrade - anytime

CANNOT upgrade from a C2 to a C1 (at least not under the one category free upgrade) Naturally, you can pay for the upgrade.

Edited by gimletgal

I should know this but for some reason I've forgotten. Do captains club members get the one cat upgrade only when booking onboard? And also can u upgrade from a C2 to a C1?

No matter when or how you book to get:

"

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking."

From the Captain's Club Terms & Conditions:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

[/Quote]

As others have said this is a perk you can get whether you book onboard or ashore...

But like the 50% Deposit perk... It is one you have to ask for

Additionally, these two perks are not available all the time on all sailings. Read the fine print when you are booking

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

WALLIE5446, lol looks like great minds think alike, we were posting at the same time :)

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

You do not need to book on board to get the upgrade, just ask for it when you book. I had thought I read that you couldn't upgrade from C2 to C1, but we did it when booking our last cruise.

On which ship and when?

Thanks for the responses. TA told me you can upgrade from C3 to C2 but not C2to C1. Maybe it's different on different ships? Anyway I forgot to ask the TA another question. If you do an onboard booking are the perks combinable? Can we combine the OBC for an onboard booking with the free beverage package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Solstice sailed last month in a C1 at C2 pricing.

For what it's worth, I've been noticing some fares lately where A1 and A2 are the same price. S1 and S2 also same price.

Any chance when you booked this may have been a case of the C1 and C2 were priced the same?

For what it's worth, I've been noticing some fares lately where A1 and A2 are the same price. S1 and S2 also same price.

Any chance when you booked this may have been a case of the C1 and C2 were priced the same?

Don't think so. I usually check pricing, pick cabin & then have TA book. She called to book, came on line while talking to X & said "did you know you can get a 1category upgrade?" Told her didn't think it applied & she said agent is asking if you want it so we took it.

May have been an error on the agents part, but we had a great aft cabin.

Edited by jelayne

Don't think so. I usually check pricing, pick cabin & then have TA book. She called to book, came on line while talking to X & said "did you know you can get a 1category upgrade?" Told her didn't think it applied & she said agent is asking if you want it so we took it.

May have been an error on the agents part, but we had a great aft cabin.

Whatever works!

I just noticed on one I'm following that it now has 1B 1C 2B 2C all priced the same at $549 pp. as well as the A1 A2 same price and S1 S2 same price.

Edited by cle-guy

Is it true when getting the free beverage package you will not get the one category upgrade or could I get the upgrade combined with other perks?

They are combinable...

123Go is a Celebrity Special Booking Promo, therefore separate from Captain's Club Perks

Here is a copy of a post / reply I did earlier today for another Poster:

Question

I know that I get reduced deposits when booking on the ship but is there a reduced deposit for Captains Club when booking through a TA?

Answer

Believe it will depend on your TA (Travel Agent)

Why not book direct with Celebrity... Which will make sure you get any advertised perks in effect (although YOU have to know what they are... Ie Current Specials - Captains Club Offers - Captain's Club Upgrade - Captain's Club 50% Deposit) and after that transfer it to a TA... As you have 60 Days to do so as long as it is before Final Payment is due

Who if you are lucky (have done your homework on TAs ) will also give you some perks.

I took advantage of all on an upcoming Bermuda Cruise

* Celebrity Special Promo = 123Go

* Captain's Club Promo = Bonus Points

* Captain's Club SubCategory Upgrade

* Captain's Club 50% Deposit

And

* TA OBC

Ps... Note that Captain's Club Perks (ie SubCategory Upgrade, 50% Deposit) are not always applicable on all cruises or categories... Check the fine print

[/Quote]

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

This frustrates me - my TA always has "over-sited" this twice now and we have been shorted this upgrade.

Being in a 1A this time there's no room to move...chalk it up a a learning experience (again!)

Can't hurt to ask as you have nothing to lose. Maybe they will still let you have the 1B price and credit you back the difference.

If you are before final payment, they certainly should be willing to do that for you as you could simply cancel and then re-book the same 1A cabin at the 1B price.

Edited by fleckle

• 2 weeks later...

I did a lot of research before committing to the booking for our Silhouette cruise in May. with all of the promotions from X and the travel agent I wanted to be sure I did not miss anything. On the X website I found the Captain's Club perks and we were able to book a 1A for 1B price--the difference was all of $40 but better in my pocket than X's--deposit was reduced by 50% and between the TA and X we got all of the 1-2-3 GO perks...

I wrote it all out in an email for the TA as we were finalizing things and she got it all done for us.

I requested upgrade when I called Celebrity and they did it atomatically. I'm sure if you spoke to TA and explained what you wanted and gave your Captains # it would work. Make sure she doesn't book without getting upgrade (of course as explained here some categories don't work with upgrades)