Kidney Stones and cruising

floridabum

Had a couple of kidney stones a few years ago.

Went to the neurologist -- told me to drink plenty of water and cranberry juice. Gave me some pain pills.

Passed them in a couple of weeks.

Just curious - why did you see a neurologist for a kidney stone? Or did you mean to say urologist?

:D LOL.........

I have an image of OP urinating from his brain. :)

Hopefully you'll come back to this thread, let us know you have safely passed the stones and you are set to cruise. :)

That is how they got rid of my kindney stone. still makes me cringe thinking about it

I'm having my "surgery" tomorrow. When I told my urologist I was going on a cruise in 3 weeks he strongly recommended the laser procedure to get rid of it now.

How long was your stent in? I hear you are awake for the removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My DH has had kidney stones several times. Most passed within a few days. The last one he had to have removed and while it was not fun, he was sedated and once it was over he was pain free. Knowing that other stones had passed he tried to ride it out. When he finally contacted his doctor he received quite a chewing out for waiting so long and spent a night in the hospital. There are apparently consequences if it is not taken care of sooner rather than later.

Mary Lou

My husband had a stone on 1 of our cruises. I felt so bad for him. He had to cancel his excursion in St. Kitts and had to spend the entire day with IV's. He passed the stone and was good the next day. Thats why we get insurance. It paid the whole bill. Please see your dr. And have a blast on your cruise.

Rhena

I'm having my "surgery" tomorrow. When I told my urologist I was going on a cruise in 3 weeks he strongly recommended the laser procedure to get rid of it now.

Sorry for the delay. The stint was in for 1 week and then they took it out after they took it out there was no pain at all, they put me asleep for both ones . I did the lazer thing twice and it did not work, I think it was called lithotripsy which I was wide awake for only had some light pain from that nothing serious

Edited by trev71

Sorry for the delay. The stint was in for 1 week and then they took it out after they took it out there was no pain at all, they put me asleep for both ones . I did the lazer thing twice and it did not work, I think it was called lithotripsy which I was wide awake for only had some light pain from that nothing serious

My laser thing did not work today😞. They are going to try it again the week before my cruise.

Stone or not, I'm cruising!!!!

I had the Shockwave Lithotripsy. Just couldn't remember the name of it. Found a site and it said that this treatment doesn't work on all types of stones.

Edited by Rosefloater

I had the Shockwave Lithotripsy. Just couldn't remember the name of it. Found a site and it said that this treatment doesn't work on all types of stones.

Yes I guess it depends on the place of the stone in order for it to work.

My laser thing did not work today. They are going to try it again the week before my cruise.

Stone or not, I'm cruising!!!!

That is good I dont blame you I would be cruising too and suffer with the pain. Just keep drinking lots of water and they told me to drink cranberry juice too which i dislike.

Edited by trev71

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

I had the same procedure done a couple years ago. I have to say it wasn't really painful, just uncomfortable. I had the procedure on a Wednesday and they removed the stent on Monday . They had given me Percocets for the pain and I remember the nurse telling me to take one the morning I went to the doctors to have it removed. Yes you are awake. The doctor used some type of numbing gel which in my case didn't do a heck of a lot.

I won't lie and say it didn't hurt, but it wasn't as bad as the pain from the stone itself.