Post-Cruise Questionnaires

elena7seas

I just returned from a 14-night Holy Land Cruise on the Silhouette that ended on October 18th, 2014. (Wonderful cruise, by the way).

I have not received an email version of the post-cruise questionnaire.

Can anyone please tell me how soon after the last day of the cruise these questionnaires are received, and what the email address is that the questionnaires originate from?

Have others experienced not receiving the questionnaires after a cruise?

I will call Captain's Club later today, but in the meantime wonder what the experience of CC posters has been in this area.

Thanks for any information that you can pass along.

We usually travel a bit after our cruises and by the time I get to the email' date=' it's too late.

They should allow for at least a couple of weeks for us to answer.[/quote']

The first 2 times we got the surveys it expired 7 days from the date/time it was sent. This last one it said 10 days.

I have not received an email version of the post-cruise questionnaire.

Have others experienced not receiving the questionnaires after a cruise? Yes....

Just a note to let you know you are not alone. Celebrity certainly had our e-mail contact information, but we got no post-cruise survey.

Here is an earlier discussion on this topic, from last June

We got the survey on 16th October after disembarking the Equinox on the 14th, on the 18th we got a reminder, the survey had to be completed by the 21st.

Maybe it went into your junk folder?

Edited by DebbieMacG

We got the survey on 16th October after disembarking the Equinox on the 14th, on the 18th we got a reminder, the survey had to be completed by the 21st.

Maybe it went into your junk folder?

Hi Debbie: The first thing that I did was check my junk folder. This is the fourth cruise since they started instituting the e-surveys where I have not received the questionnaire. Each time, I contacted Captain's Club and was told that, since the 7-day time limit for the reply was passed, there was nothing that could be done. Each time I had Captain's Club check my email address, and each time they confirmed that they had the correct email address for me.

Today I called Captain's Club again, and this time a helpful young woman named Amber offered to check to see "if my notifications were turned on". When she did, she found that the address they had as my "primary address" under "notifications" was my old work email address, which was never my primary email address for Celebrity, and as I have been retired for years, emails sent there would never reach me. Never, at any time, would I have given Celebrity my work address as my primary email address. My personal email address is the same one I have had for 22 years, and is the same address I have always used for Celebrity. I would have given my old work address as a secondary contact if asked by Celebrity, but have never used it to communicate with Celebrity.

So I encourage anyone who is not receiving the post-cruise questionnaires to call Captain's Club and see what they have listed as your primary email address in the "Notifications" area.

It is not enough just to confirm that Celebrity has your correct email address, as I receive everything else from Celebrity using my correct email address. Well, everything that I have expected to receive, other than the questionnaires. Who knows what other material I might not have received that would have been sent to the address listed as my primary email address in the "Notifications" area of their data base.

Amber gave me the following URL where she said I could fill in the questionnaire for the cruise just completed:

http://www.celebritycruises.com\esurvey.com

I was shocked to find that the survey that came up only listed six or seven questions. Besides a couple of questions in the "Would you sail on Celebrity again", and "Would you recommend Celebrity Cruise Line to friends" vein, the only other questions were: "Where on a scale of 1 to 10 did this cruise fall in terms of your expectations" and an open-ended question asking "What about the cruise exceeded your expectations" and then, "Thanks, good-bye".

I was stunned, frankly. As someone who worked in applied social research for years, and who was involved primarily in quantitative research, this survey was so flawed as to be useless. As it didn't give you an option to say anything critical whatsoever, anything that Celebrity could infer from my response would be completely skewed.

I assume that this excessively brief questionnaire is not the same questionnaire that people initially receive after a cruise. I had expected that the questionnaire would be basically an electronic version of the former comment cards, which would let you express your evaluation of the varying elements of the cruise.

This "make-up" questionnaire is not worth anyone's time, and worse than that, its structure makes me think that it is being used to pad the number of positive responses. So sad.

I thought I was going to have a problem, but got mine 3 days later.

Can you please tell me if the post-cruise e-questionnaire was similar to the old paper survey, where they asked you to rate your satisfaction on the various elements of the cruise, such as dining, entertainment, cabin service, etc. or if the regular post-cruise questionnaire is now the same as the one I saw on line, with only about six or seven questions in total. If you would like more details about what I mean regarding the difference, please see my long post above.

Thanks so much.

Can you please tell me if the post-cruise e-questionnaire was similar to the old paper survey, where they asked you to rate your satisfaction on the various elements of the cruise, such as dining, entertainment, cabin service, etc. or if the regular post-cruise questionnaire is now the same as the one I saw on line, with only about six or seven questions in total. If you would like more details about what I mean regarding the difference, please see my long post above.

Thanks so much.

It's not the one with the 6 questions; I took that when I thought the real one wasn't coming. The survey you get when you return home is similar to the paper one, with one strange difference that I don't remember seeing on paper: questions such as "name 7 traits that describe yourself" and other psychographic information.

I really don't understand why they have an expiry date.

They really want the feed back quickly. The old paper surveys (we were told) were sent to Miami the day of disembarkation and processed immediately so they could get feedback quickly on crew/staff, food, entertainment, etc.

If crew/staff got high marks it helped them with time off and promotions, if not then they would get more training or be let go. I don't think they want to find out 2-3 months afterwards what went right and wrong with the sailing.

Having said that I think they should give you 14 days before expiring, 7 is a little tight and it expires exactly 7 days from when they send it. They even put the time on it.

Hi Eileen! Yes, we had our e-survey for Summit by the time we got home from the airport. Sounds like you have the problem figured out, with the e-mail address correction. I had also heard of people only getting the "mini" survey, if they had to call X to ask why they never received the regular one. The one we received was very complete - just like the old paper surveys. Since I know that you write marvelous reviews, my suggestion would be to send something to Corporate, with the highlights (as well as lowlights) from your cruise. We know that they read -- and usually respond -- to those. :cool:

Hi Eileen! Yes, we had our e-survey for Summit by the time we got home from the airport. Sounds like you have the problem figured out, with the e-mail address correction. I had also heard of people only getting the "mini" survey, if they had to call X to ask why they never received the regular one. The one we received was very complete - just like the old paper surveys. Since I know that you write marvelous reviews, my suggestion would be to send something to Corporate, with the highlights (as well as lowlights) from your cruise. We know that they read -- and usually respond -- to those. :cool:

Hi Suzanne:

Thanks so much for you kind post. :) I think I will write corporate, as I had a fabulous cruise, and there are a number of people who went above and beyond, and I would like to put their names forward.

There were also a few negatives that I would at least like to weigh in on.

I am glad to hear that they are sending out a complete questionnaire, post-cruise. I sure wasn't a fan of the mini-survey. My biggest concern was over the Future Cruise department, and, because I gave an overall positive rating on the cruise as a whole, I was never given a chance to voice any concerns at all. Very poor research design, IMO.

I feel sure that now that the appropriate department (I hope) has my correct email address, that I will be receiving my surveys in the future. Sadly, I don't have any Celebrity cruises booked in the near future (because of my problem with the Future Cruise department). March 2015 seems like a long way away to me.

As for the short time for completion of the survey, I understand Celebrity's desire to get feedback as quickly as possible. I will have to make a point of accessing the free internet in most airports, and doing the questionnaire while I am waiting for my flight post-cruise, or completing it ASAP in my hotel if I am continuing my vacation after the cruise.

As a matter of fact, if Celebrity would post the questionnaire on their website so that we could complete it on the last night of the cruise (using their free website internet), I would do it then, and Celebrity could have the response right away. It would be pretty easy to set up, using our booking number as verification of our right to complete the questionnaire, but it's asking one more thing of the IT department, which seems to have its hands full.;)

Just a note to let you know you are not alone. Celebrity certainly had our e-mail contact information, but we got no post-cruise survey.

Here is an earlier discussion on this topic, from last June

Thanks SFCcruiser. It was interesting to see how many experiences were similar to my own.

I hope everyone who has not been receiving their questionnaires will call Captain's Club (1-800-760-0654) and check to see what email address is recorded for them in the "Notifications" section. Amber was the name of the person who was helpful to me in this case. This was not the first time I had called CC about the missing surveys, so clearly, not everyone thinks to check the "Notification" records.

I'm glad you found out what the problem was :)

Thanks Debbie.

Just wanted to say a special thanks to you, and to mention that I was born on the shores of Loch Ness :D. I will be back there in July 2015 to show my youngest daughter her "ancestral home".