Michael's Club Concierge on Reflection

Prada Cowboy

Please tell us more about your MC experience on Reflection. Were drinks available most of the day or only after 5 pm? Did they have any special events such as a meeting with the officers, special entertainment? Any appetizers before dinner or other snacks available? Who was the concierge? We'll be there in January and there have been mixed reports here on the boards. And finally, was MC utilized much or really quiet?

We were on the first Reflection Caribbean cruise (11/1 - 11/8).

That week the bar did not open until 5 PM but they did have several coolers filled with soda and water that were available 24/7.

When we were on the Century and Connie earlier in the year they had a senior officer event the first formal night of every sailing. For some reason they did not have that the week we were on the Reflection. They had one of the band members performing, but no officers. We came because we presumed they were coming, but they did not. Later I read the invitation and it said nothing about the officers, just the entertainment.

There was another night later in the cruise with live entertainment again (the same band member).

There were Hors d'oeuvres available starting at 5:30 every day. The same 4 opening plate they use for the Concierge snacks filled with assorted Hors d'oeuvres . Some were VERY good - like mini Beef Wellington. One night they were all Sushi. If you wanted more (like of a particular item) they would bring as much as you wanted.

There were similar Hors d'oeuvres available around lunch time. We came in one day to try. Just like the ones at night. The bar was not open but the food server took our seapass cards and got us each wine from another bar. Otherwise I guess we could have had the soda or bottled water:confused:

They also had breakfast items but they were hidden behind the scenes and we never tried any. As far as I could tell there was no menu like in the Elite lounge. For some reason Celebrity has gone away from the buffet table full of food in the Elite lounge and the Michaels Club.

We never saw more than a dozen guests at any time. Many times our group of four were the only ones there.

Lenny was our Concierge and has been replaced by Maritza. They were both there for several days of "overlap". They both were wonderful:)

We sadly disembarked from millennium yesterday. There was a bar server from early morning throughout the day. We would stop by on the way to the theatre for a drink to take along or a nightcap when heading to the cabin. We found it an excellent experience every day until they ran out of my Clamato juice to satisfy my daily addiction. ;)

We sadly disembarked from millennium yesterday. There was a bar server from early morning throughout the day. We would stop by on the way to the theatre for a drink to take along or a nightcap when heading to the cabin. We found it an excellent experience every day until they ran out of my Clamato juice to satisfy my daily addiction. ;)

Experienced the same on Connie. Would not know about Clamato Juice however. The bar sterner stayed until about 10:30 unless there was a crowd. Best MC group I've experienced.

Is it me

I'm happy to find out what each MC does once I'm on board. It's actually nice to have variety same old same old gets boring

I go when I want to and it fits with my other plans, whether senior officers are there or not doesn't matter

But I'm not big on carrying drinks round the ship. If I need one, and if I've not got a package, I just get at the bar or restaurant I'm at.

But then - we are all different ;)

I emailed the Concierge on Eclipse recently, to ask whether hot chocolate drinks were available, and received the following information:

Thank you very much for emailing me and I apologize for late reply.

Michael’s Club is an exclusive lounge, available only to our most valued guests of Penthouse, Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite. In the lounge, you can enjoy complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages between 7:30AM and 0:00AM, relax in quiet atmosphere during the day and socialize with guests in the evening.

We have our cocktail hours between 5:30PM and 9:00PM where we serve all kinds of canapes to enjoy with your cocktail. So far we haven't had Nestles chocolates as a product but I'm sure we can replace it with any others.

We will be very happy to welcome you onboard Eclipse again and I'm sure your will enjoy your enhanced featured vacation.

I'm happy to assist with any other questions.

Warm regards,

Bartosz Moroński

Michael's Club Concierge

It appears I should be able to have a glass of wine at lunchtime, one of my favourite holiday hobbies at lunchtime!

I emailed the Concierge on Eclipse recently, to ask whether hot chocolate drinks were available, and received the following information:

Thank you very much for emailing me and I apologize for late reply.

Michael’s Club is an exclusive lounge, available only to our most valued guests of Penthouse, Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite. In the lounge, you can enjoy complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages between 7:30AM and 0:00AM, relax in quiet atmosphere during the day and socialize with guests in the evening.

We have our cocktail hours between 5:30PM and 9:00PM where we serve all kinds of canapes to enjoy with your cocktail. So far we haven't had Nestles chocolates as a product but I'm sure we can replace it with any others.

We will be very happy to welcome you onboard Eclipse again and I'm sure your will enjoy your enhanced featured vacation.

I'm happy to assist with any other questions.

Warm regards,

Bartosz Moroński

Michael's Club Concierge

It appears I should be able to have a glass of wine at lunchtime, one of my favourite holiday hobbies at lunchtime!

If you wanted hot chocolate from Al Baccio, they would get it from there and serve it to you in Michael's Club too. :)

Last night was formal night on Millennium and we were told every guest eligible to attend came to the party with officers, and live entertainment. It was quite nice.

I have never been in the club without a bartender being there. We have always had three on this cruise on rotation and service has been excellent. Coolers are stocked and everyone has been gracious.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Leaving on the Summit on Saturday and just got an email from Lisa. Anyone had her in charge of Michael's Club?

Yes on Connie. Absolutely wonderful!!! Always looking for new ideas to please her guests. Brought entertainment into MC. We all loved her.

I have never been in the club without a bartender being there. We have always had three on this cruise on rotation and service has been excellent. Coolers are stocked and everyone has been gracious.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna:

Our greetings to Lucy and Allain.

Haven't got used to filling our own glasses yet. ;)

Leaving on the Summit on Saturday and just got an email from Lisa. Anyone had her in charge of Michael's Club?

That means Jole is gone - which is probably good for you! :-) We had her onboard as the Michael's Concierge a couple of weeks ago and she was...just ok. Not visible, not that friendly, etc. The staff even had different rules when she was around/when she wasn't (it was obvious, but not stated).

Enjoy Michael's! :-)

As a data point, I got my Concierge email (Royal Suite) for my Sillie sailing this sunday the 30th on Monday, the 24th overnight from Anca.

Anca was a fantastic MC Host for us on Silhouette this past summer! enjoy the cruise and RS, its our favorite suite on Celebrity!

If Cranston is still on-board as the MC Bartender, tell him Robert and Kate from Chicago say hello!

Just off the Reflection last Sat. and noticed nearly no-one in & out of Michael's and rarely saw anyone sitting inside. We spent alot of time in Ensemble Lounge as it was a conveniently located bar for us, & where Trivia was held. I commented to my husband that lovely lounge we used to enjoy on our earlier Celeb cruises is a wasted space now & didn't understand why it was not being used in financially productive area for Celebrity. I understand that those in suites deserve use of a concierge and a place for free drinks. Why not just put drinks in their suite or allow them to order free drinks in various bars or have another spot for them? Too many places on S-class ships are wasted spaces -- all green grass Lawn club areas deserted while the Sunset Bar area was PACKED everytime we went there, one side being the few smoking areas on ship.

Just off the Reflection last Sat. and noticed nearly no-one in & out of Michael's and rarely saw anyone sitting inside. We spent alot of time in Ensemble Lounge as it was a conveniently located bar for us, & where Trivia was held. I commented to my husband that lovely lounge we used to enjoy on our earlier Celeb cruises is a wasted space now & didn't understand why it was not being used in financially productive area for Celebrity. I understand that those in suites deserve use of a concierge and a place for free drinks. Why not just put drinks in their suite or allow them to order free drinks in various bars or have another spot for them? Too many places on S-class ships are wasted spaces -- all green grass Lawn club areas deserted while the Sunset Bar area was PACKED everytime we went there, one side being the few smoking areas on ship.

It is producing revenues, by attracting suite cruisers who are paying commensurately higher cabin fares compared to a year ago.

Also, X was one of the few lines without a dedicated suite cruisers lounge, so it is a bit of catch up for that.

As with many venues, use varies from time to time of day. Also people tend to gather in the back behind the bar, an area you can not see on the S class ships. If you do see people in the entry hallway seating areas, likely the back areas is already full of people.

Suite cursers aren't really so concerned about having free drinks so much as having a special place to socialize. It's nice to have a bartender remember your drink and have it around, without having to wait 3-5 minutes like at martini bar during peak periods, to get a drink. Royals and PH already have booze in cabin, and it's hard to find anyone without a beverage package already. So providing even more in-cabin booze doesn't really add any value. It's the swift, personalized service, and quiet, indulgent space that adds the value. Also the canapé's being served can't be had at Martini or Ensemble or other places on board.

That there are only about 24 or so cabins eligible for access, it makes it a nice special place for those paying the extra for suite.

Edited by cle-guy

Cle-guy hit many of the points, but I will say that your experience will vary from ship to ship. On the Summit 11/8 cruise, Michael's Club was CONSTANTLY busy. Every time we went in there, from noon until bedtime, there were AT LEAST 3 or more other couples in there. From pre-dinner time (6:00pm pm on) I never counted less than 16 people in there at a time.

ETA: The concierge mentioned that due to the number of people in the appropriate suites, there were 41 total people on our cruise that could use Michael's. So, speaking mathematically, those that could did use the lounge. And quite often and for quite awhile each time as well.

Edited by Classynfun1

It is producing revenues, by attracting suite cruisers who are paying commensurately higher cabin fares compared to a year ago.

Also, X was one of the few lines without a dedicated suite cruisers lounge, so it is a bit of catch up for that.

As with many venues, use varies from time to time of day. Also people tend to gather in the back behind the bar, an area you can not see on the S class ships. If you do see people in the entry hallway seating areas, likely the back areas is already full of people.

Suite cursers aren't really so concerned about having free drinks so much as having a special place to socialize. It's nice to have a bartender remember your drink and have it around, without having to wait 3-5 minutes like at martini bar during peak periods, to get a drink. Royals and PH already have booze in cabin, and it's hard to find anyone without a beverage package already. So providing even more in-cabin booze doesn't really add any value. It's the swift, personalized service, and quiet, indulgent space that adds the value. Also the canapé's being served can't be had at Martini or Ensemble or other places on board.

That there are only about 24 or so cabins eligible for access, it makes it a nice special place for those paying the extra for suite.

Your comments are spot on. MC in Connie was quite busy on the recent TA. More importantly, many Suite passengers told me that they would be booking only qualifying Suites on Celebrity for access to Michael's Club. Captain Tasos told me that he believed that the conversion of Michael's Club has been one of the best decisions. Purely a business decision and it's working.

I'm with Cle-guy

We have enjoyed the Concierge lounge on IOTS a couple of times, it was a peaceful quiet haven during the day, but busy at night(Happy hours!). Met some great people, including a magician on holiday, it was fun!

At the beginning of the year we were looking at booking a special cruise for 2015, and we had virtually decided on Cunard, as their suites come with a lounge and a dedicated restaurant. We did not consider Celebrity, as they offered nothing special for their suite passengers compared to other lines. When Celebrity introduced the new suite class, we soon changed our minds and booked Eclipse. Looking forward to Michaels, even if it is quiet!

We just got off the Eclipse TA. My first experience in MC lounge and I would have to say based on that experience makes me want to book qualifying suites just for access to the lounge. Many of us used the lounge heavily and concluded it was the highlight of the trip, meeting many wonderful people we wish to cruise with again.

I do have to say that reading this thread has made me concerned about the consistency of this perk. In our case the lounge was open 7:30 am to midnight and was staffed with a bartender Rosemarie who was wonderful. When she was on her deserved breaks someone else would cover, you might have to wait for them to swing by but that was not an issue.

Reading that others ships only serve drinks for a short time in the evening is far from the level of the perk we had. This perk is part of the cruise fare you are paying for these suites and should be consistent and guaranteed.

While I don't drink much alcohol, not enough to justify even the free drink package, I do think that the fact that something is available does draw the people in to socialize.

Michael's Club is NOT a wasted space.

That comment seems to be the opinion of those who do not have access.

We, and many others, used it every day on our Reflection cruise, it was a wonderful experience. X made a very wise decision...

That means Jole is gone - which is probably good for you! :-) We had her onboard as the Michael's Concierge a couple of weeks ago and she was...just ok. Not visible, not that friendly, etc. The staff even had different rules when she was around/when she wasn't (it was obvious, but not stated).

Enjoy Michael's! :-)

Not sure how these comments about Jole are very "Classy"

Happy sailing,

Jenna