Travel Time to Airports

Woobstr112G

Trying to nail down air from NYC to LAX when our cruise ends next September. Can someone please tell me how long it would take to get from where we might dock (Caribbean Princess on 21 September) to Liberty airport in NJ.....

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Your ship is scheduled to dock at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

Travel by automobile to EWR should be about 40-45 minutes in "normal" traffic, but heavy traffic is a common occurrence in NY City, so I would allow one hour to be on the safe side.

I'd allow 90-120 minutes, in case there's construction.

without traffic its about 45 mins to ewr, 20 to lga 45 to jfk,

with normally heavy traffic and assuming you have a driver who knows what they are doing its about 1 hour 15 to ewr, 1 hour to lga and about 1 hour to jfk(many alternates) with abnormally heavy jfk will be the easiest...

Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated.....:):):)

Bob

Just an FYI. You are crossing state lines and the cost can be pretty expensive. Plan on at least $120 with tip and tolls in a car service and you need to make advance arrangements.

So if you are not saving at least $40pp by flying out of Newark, you may want to reassess your flight options. AA has some great nonstop flights-JFK to LAX on a 777 or 767 (widebody plane) which are very pleasant. I fly that route about once a month for business.

Edited by greatam

Just an FYI. You are crossing state lines and the cost can be pretty expensive. Plan on at least $120 with tip and tolls in a car service and you need to make advance arrangements.

So if you are not saving at least $40pp by flying out of Newark, you may want to reassess your flight options. AA has some great nonstop flights-JFK to LAX on a 777 or 767 (widebody plane) which are very pleasant. I fly that route about once a month for business.

Exactly what I did:). Couldn't get a N/S, but I got a great price on domestic first from JFK-LAX (via CHI).

Thanks for the info.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G