Is this Princess excursion in Grenada a good one?

canadarocks

I'm considering this excursion for our morning in Grenada next March. It's just over four hours long and costs $55 per person.

Spice Estate, Grand Etang Park & Annandale Falls

GND325A | Grenada

Has anyone here done this and would you recommend it?

I didn't do any shore excursion when I was in Grenada last year, but since it's a relatively short stop, it would probably be a good way to go if you want to see much beyond the main town where you dock.

We've been to Grenada twice - first time (Jan 2005) did the ship's tour that sounds like the one you're looking at, second time (March 2010) someone on our Roll Call organized a similar tour with Mandoo. We enjoyed it both times -- especially as the 1st time was several months after a hurricane so it was amazing to see the difference 5 years later!

... second time (March 2010) someone on our Roll Call organized a similar tour with Mandoo.

When we visited Grenada, we toured with Mandoo (on Easter Sunday!)...can't recommend him highly enough...he took us everywhere, never rushed us, and we felt got a great tour!

If you opt to go on a private tour, check him out!

1st Mandoo is #1 in my book. With that said the tour guides in Granada are all good from what I saw. Mandoo comes across as someone that really cares that you enjoy his tour, about his Island, the environment, and the people. While you're touring with Mandoo he will probably pickup a person or two and give them a ride up the road.

The spice places there I've been to several were fun and interesting. They also have an underwater sculpture park that is world class that you get snorkel or scuba dive at. We liked that the best. The chocolate is to die for, smooooooth. They also have a rum factory that we toured that was fabulous.

WE love that island went back and spent a week there.

People are the friendliest we seen in the Caribbean.

Don't forget to climb up to the fort if you have the time. Great view.

Annandale Falls IMHO was just another waterfall, not my thing.

Enjoy

framer

Edited by framer

Thanks. We were in Grenada this year and did an independent company's snorkel tour at the Underwater Sculpture Park. You're right framer, it is AMAZING!

This time we want to see the island itself. Whether we end up with a Princess tour or a private one, it's good to read that it is so worth seeing! :cool:

We did that tour in February and quite quite enjoyed it. We cook with a variety of spices so we enjoyed going to the spice estate. The tour also allowed you to see a lot of Grenada, which has some very beautiful locations.