Captains club offers for UK residents

welshfamily

I have just been researching Captains club offers after receiving an email from Celebrity.

The email directed me into the American Celebrity.com site. There were lots of good offers on flights, 123 go offers etc.

Does anyone know if there is a British/ European site and what the current offers are?

I have tried goggle but just keep getting the American site.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we had found those offers unfortunately none are available after June 2015 and we are looking for cruises after this date.

On the American site there are numerous offers JUST for Captains club members.

Many of these offers are including flights, drink packages etc for European/Alaska sailings which we would be interested in.

However we know from experience than offers differ depending on where you live. I can find no exclusive Captains club offers for the UK.

In the past we have received a newsletter which has some offers in it and there has been Captains Club offers which we have been able to take advantage of.

Does anyone know if there are any offers for UK Captains Club members at the moment?

I rang the UK office when there was a reduced deposit offer mentioned on here, guess what, it did not apply to the UK!

We are now in the initial stages of booking a Cunard cruise, as the prices seem to be more competitive at the moment. Just waiting to see what cruise Celebrity are doing from the UK in 2016.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we had found those offers unfortunately none are available after June 2015 and we are looking for cruises after this date.

Many of these offers are including flights, drink packages etc for European/Alaska sailings which we would be interested in.

However we know from experience than offers differ depending on where you live. I can find no exclusive Captains club offers for the UK.

In the past we have received a newsletter which has some offers in it and there has been Captains Club offers which we have been able to take advantage of.

Does anyone know if there are any offers for UK Captains Club members at the moment?

Have you tried logging onto your Captain's Club account and then going to Captain's Club Offers from there. I have not done it for sometime but it did work once. [Two or three new cruise season releases ago, I could find all the new cruises on there but not since! No one on the other side of the pond could see them.]

Here's a thought...

Traditionally we have found that offers slow down just prior to Christmas (so Celebrity can take advantage of the Christmas Gifting Season & also last minute bookings for Holiday Cruises), and then things pick up again in January, for what the Cruise Industry calls "Wave Season"

That said...

This year Celebrity is planning an early release of their Future Cruises / Deployment Schedule (2016 & 2017)

That will happen in the timeframe from November 11th thru to December 16th, 2014

For more info see this Announcement / Press Release by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Offcial Rep

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112087

Some of us here on CC are speculating that to tie into those Announcements that there could be an offer of some sort for Captain's Club Members (Returning / Loyal Customers) who book cruises in what would be an early kick off to Wave Season

Unless you are in a huge hurry to book your particular cruise, I am thinking I would adopt a wait & see position over the next 10 to 45 days to see if anything comes down the pipe you can take advantage of

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Some of us here on CC are speculating that to tie into those Announcements that there could be an offer of some sort for Captain's Club Members (Returning / Loyal Customers) who book cruises in what would be an early kick off to Wave Season

My experience booking with the announcements, I got 15% off at a time 123 perks weren't on offer, and the 15% discount did not allow the addition later of perks.

I'm sailing this cruise end of the month, and had I waited to book after final payments, my RS is down from $7400 (net of the 15% discount, originally about $8000) to $6200 today.

Lesson learned. avoid the on-sale "alleged" discounts!

Further to my earlier post, here is the reply from the UK Captains Club

Thank you very much for your email into the Captains Club with Celebrity

Cruises.

Our Market offers are for the country our members live in and the run very

different terms and conditions.

I am sorry to disappoint you in anyway but the reduced deposit is not a

promotion that is being run to UK citizens.

We have been made aware that both markets have different promotions and

these are being looked into for the future to see if these can be run in

line with each other.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact us and sorry for any

inconvenience this may cause.

Don't hold your breath!

Edited by Adammara

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried booking in the States to see if you can obtain the offers? May be worth a quick email enquiring for pricing from a US TA?

Thanks for all your replies.

We too have started looking at Cunard as the Princess grill is cheaper than Aqua class by some margin. July and August cruises with Celebrity are sitting above suite prices on other lines and there have been no offers on these cruises for the 12 weeks we have been looking.

Booking with a US agent is not an option for us as Celebrity US offers are all about Flights and whole packages e.g. Flight ( free to Alaska ) or flight+ cruise+ drinks packages etc for a fixed amount.

There are ,however, plenty of reduced prices for Captains club members but not for the period we are looking for.

We are not necessarily in a hurry to book as there are a lot of choice available at the moment.

We will continue to research.

Thanks for all your replies.

We too have started looking at Cunard as the Princess grill is cheaper than Aqua class by some margin. July and August cruises with Celebrity are sitting above suite prices on other lines and there have been no offers on these cruises for the 12 weeks we have been looking.

Booking with a US agent is not an option for us as Celebrity US offers are all about Flights and whole packages e.g. Flight ( free to Alaska ) or flight+ cruise+ drinks packages etc for a fixed amount.

There are ,however, plenty of reduced prices for Captains club members but not for the period we are looking for.

We are not necessarily in a hurry to book as there are a lot of choice available at the moment.

We will continue to research.

If you are looking at 2015 European cruises then, for Celebrity, I think you have missed the boat.:) Prices now are significantly higher than when these cruises were first launched in April this year. We definitely find the best prices for Celebrity are the first couple of months after brochure launch.

Or after final payment!

Still say we will book late, but so far have not done so!

Same here :D. When you have certain weeks you are tied to for vacations, you want to ensure you get the cruise of choice.

Now once we've retired, that'll be a different story....can't wait for those last minute deals....only another few decades to wait :D.

If you are looking at 2015 European cruises then, for Celebrity, I think you have missed the boat.:) Prices now are significantly higher than when these cruises were first launched in April this year. We definitely find the best prices for Celebrity are the first couple of months after brochure launch.

That has also been our experience. We booked a Med cruise for August 2015 as soon as the itineraries were announced and a couple of months ago, the price for our category of cabin was almost twice what we had paid! It has come down slightly since then, but it is still incredibly expensive, so we are happy that we made an early decision. I know that does not help the OP and can understand why they are now looking at Cunard, but it may be helpful to bear mind for future European cruises.

We are looking for a Canaries cruise next autumn, these prices are for 2 sharing, with a suite restaurant and lounge.

At the moment a cruise in a Celebrity Suite on Eclipse on October 2st 2015 is £9400.

A couple of weeks later on November 7th, Queen Elizabeth is doing a similar cruise, Princess Grill from £4500 or Queens Grill from £5600.

We haven't cruised on Cunard since 1991, but it is looking more and more likely that we will be returning, just waiting to see what the Celebrity 2016prices are like.