NO Priority disembarkation on FR?

PH8

Exactly my point...........it is a benefit listed on the C&A page...I cruise with RCCL because ,not only do I like their product,but they have a great loyalty program with many perks.

I was merely pointing out the lack of this perk on this ship.It has always been there before when I was on the FR and now it's not.

I really can not believe all the snide remarks.Are they really necessary??

EDIT.....I see now the snide remarks are gone...

Completely agree with you. We were aboard also and have sailed on Freedom many times and never had to wait so long to get off.

Our perks are slowly disappearing.

Is the call center for the US being outsourced to other countries something new. I always get someone from Oregon. I know that that for UK and Europe, they have outsourced to Guatemala (I think).

Look the easiest way to make sure you get off early is to have a luggage tag that is number 1,2, or 3. This is priority departure. Many benefits have been taken away and more will be taken. Learn to improvise .

Look the easiest way to make sure you get off early is to have a luggage tag that is number 1,2, or 3. This is priority departure. Many benefits have been taken away and more will be taken. Learn to improvise .

I had #2 tags..in my point is there was no priority Diamond Plus lounge to wait in.

I had #2 tags..in my point is there was no priority Diamond Plus lounge to wait in.
Well as long as I can get a 1, 2 or 3 tag, we will be OK. I think on our last cruise in May, 2014, we waited with many other C&A levels in Pharoh's Lounge -- don't think it was only D, D+ and P. The Loyalty Ambassador and I think our CL Concierge were there. We also had coffee and sweet rolls.

Ft. Lauderdale is becoming a mess since there are so many ships in port! Allowing folks to just get off the ship with D, D+, etc. is becoming a real problem since there are so many of them now.

I see, since you have reached exalted status, now we are 'them' :D You might as well say, "those people" creating such a mess. :D:rolleyes::D

I so want to post all my opinions. But I am going to try to keep it to a minimum!!

For those of you that have been "Loyal" to Royal for more than 6 years, know what I'm talking about.

We have spent thousands of dollars to get to where we are. Getting to Diamond was really exciting for us, then as soon as we get there, RCI changes the rules and adds Diamond Plus. So we cruise & cruise to get to the Diamond Plus status. Finally there and then they change all the rules, cruises vs. days cruised, adding Pinnacle to the list.

I usually cruise 5-10 times a year and it used to be all on Royal. We were actually treated "Royally" on their cruises. We were "welcomed back" when we cruised. Our status gave us extra amenities that we truly enjoyed, even if it was just a ball cap.

Not anymore...They are taking away more and more amenities, that they told us we earned, but I feel we paid for in the cruises we took. The coupon books turned into an automatic discount, only we do not get it unless we ask for it and then it seems to take several trips to customer service to get resolved.

Our Independence cruise last Nov...was a disaster! We did not sleep for almost the entire cruise because a slamming door in a crew corridor next to our room. We spent days at Customer Service trying to fix the problem. They wanted to stand in our cabin at midnight to listen for the noise...Uh no, go stand in the crew corridor! Full ship, meant we were stuck in the cabin. They messed up our dining times, traveling with Daughter, SIL and Grandson. We both signed up for MTD at 7:00 and we were stuck in main seating....Again another 3 day ordeal to sit with our family. No one seemed to care!

Now when you call them, try to get an English speaking rep....They have outsourced their call centers to other countries!!! And it is sad when you know more than the rep you're speaking to.

OK I'm getting off my box!

How many cruises? 5-10 a year and you dont yet know that choosing a cabin next to a crew corridor may be a bit noisy during the night :confused:

GS must have been laughing their heads off at you lol "we will come and stand in your cabin at midnight to listen for the noise"lol Talk about Gullible:D:D:D

How many cruises? 5-10 a year and you dont yet know that choosing a cabin next to a crew corridor may be a bit noisy during the night :confused:

GS must have been laughing their heads off at you lol "we will come and stand in your cabin at midnight to listen for the noise"lol Talk about Gullible:D:D:D

Well, EXCUSE ME!!! Why do you have to be so nasty and to make fun of people!!!

I am not STUPID as you are suggesting!!!!

I chose that cabin for my husband....It was the Ben & Jerry's Suite and he love B&J Ice Cream! We've stayed in this cabin on the Freedom & have never had a problem!

Each and every one of us who is on this board and devoted to cruising suffers from what could only be called "first world problems." We are not trying to cure cancer. We are here to discuss our passion. And yeah - when the cruise line we are very loyal to, and that we spend a fortune on, takes away things we have "earned" (and seems to keep doing it)- we should be able to talk about it.

Kathy has been pretty clear she is not saying her world is falling down around her. Sheesh.

Thank you MattInFLL !!!

I see, since you have reached exalted status, now we are 'them' :D You might as well say, "those people" creating such a mess. :D:rolleyes::D

That is really not a nice thing to say at all. I am one of "those people." I waited for over 1 1/2 hours to get off the ship! Exaulted???? Really????

The lack of this earned perk was brought up to the HD and LA this week and they are checking into it.....we shall see what this Sunday morning brings..:)

Yes thank you for following up on this. Did I see that self disembarking was not offered? I hope it is. We have an 8 hr drive and need an early start if possible. Work on Monday :mad:

Yes thank you for following up on this. Did I see that self disembarking was not offered? I hope it is. We have an 8 hr drive and need an early start if possible. Work on Monday :mad:

You can self disembark, but the lines are huge!

That is really not a nice thing to say at all. I am one of "those people." I waited for over 1 1/2 hours to get off the ship! Exaulted???? Really????

Sorry. :o I'm sure you didn't mean it the way it sounded. (but that's why I thought it was funny) :D:):D

ugh! I was hoping there wouldn't be too many self disembarkers. I guess the alarm will be set for very very early..:(

I'd say more than half the people do carry off these days.............even those with HUGE suitcases..Personally,I think it should be a smaller suitcase that you can handle easily..

There are aways some in the crowd,Tobi..

Edited by PH8

ugh! I was hoping there wouldn't be too many self disembarkers. I guess the alarm will be set for very very early..:(

Make sure you are able to actually carry off your bags because if you are coming off Freedom, you need to be able to have on hand on the railing of the escalator and the other holding your bag. You have more than one bag, you will be made to go get in line for the one, slow elevator. The lady at the top of the escalator is very strict.

Make sure you are able to actually carry off your bags because if you are coming off Freedom, you need to be able to have on hand on the railing of the escalator and the other holding your bag. You have more than one bag, you will be made to go get in line for the one, slow elevator. The lady at the top of the escalator is very strict.

Another word for her comes to mind.

We got off the Explorer a week ago. All Emerald (maybe gold) thru D+ met in the theater. Our C&A status is D+ and we had #2 tags. We were called to depart shortly after 9:00.

I could be wrong but I don't think we've gotten priority tags on the Oasis.

Maybe you can talk him into "chilling". We don't have to be first off -- just off with one of the early tags.

My apologies for my snarky reply to you. Sometimes what sounds funny in ones head is anything but on paper.:o

You're right! I know that lady! :eek: We try to balance all on one bag each and have one hand ready to hold the escalator! Back packs help too.

I am not STUPID as you are suggesting!!!!

I chose that cabin for my husband....It was the Ben & Jerry's Suite and he love B&J Ice Cream! We've stayed in this cabin on the Freedom & have never had a problem!

I wasnt being nasty or making fun of you? RCI guest services were though and was pointing that out to you!!

Or perhaps you do believe a Crew member really would have come and stood in your cabin during sleeping hours and waited around for as long as it took to confirm there is enough noise to stop you from sleeping and warrant your complaint :confused: