Does Princess have a luggage program?

mom23guys

We are used to sailing Celebrity recently. Celebrity has a program where for a fee your luggage is transported to the airport, checked in, and sent to your final destination. I love this. Does Princess also have this available? US Air flight.

TIA.

I know out of Fort Lauderdale they have a program called EZ check. For a fee per person they will take your bags and you don't see them till you land. Your boarding passes are printed as well.

Which port and which airline? Maybe we can shed a little more light for you.

Edited to add: The fee is $20 per person for EZ Check.

Edited by Whimsy

We are used to sailing Celebrity recently. Celebrity has a program where for a fee your luggage is transported to the airport, checked in, and sent to your final destination. I love this. Does Princess also have this available? US Air flight.
EZ Check. :) For $20/pp, Princess will check you in, print your boarding pass, print your airline luggage tag, pick up your luggage, and transport it to the airport. You won't see it from outside your cabin until you arrive at your final destination.

From FLL, your flight must be scheduled no earlier than 11:30am. It's a good idea to fill out the form and return it as soon as you can to the Passenger Services Desk. You won't get your boarding pass or luggage tags until the evening before disembarkation.

I know out of Fort Lauderdale they have a program called EZ check. For a fee per person they will take your bags and you don't see them till you land. Your boarding passes are printed as well.

Which port and which airline? Maybe we can shed a little more light for you.

Edited to add: The fee is $20 per person for EZ Check.

Port Everglades to FLL. We are on the Royal. That's the same price that X charges. It makes walking off so easy and is just so stress free.

Luggage Valet can be quite expensive. It picks up your luggage from home and gets it to the port and onto the ship.

Princess has a different program where, for $20 per person, they will take your luggage off the ship, get it onto your plane going home, and the next time you have to deal with it is at your final destination. That one sounds like a heck of a good deal to me. Sadly, even though I know the name of the program, it is completely escaping me at the moment. Sigh...

Edited by Thrak

Luggage Valet can be quite expensive. It picks up your luggage from home and gets it to the port and onto the ship.

Princess has a different program where, for $20 per person, they will take your luggage off the ship, get it onto your plane going home, and the next time you have to deal with it is at your final destination. That one sounds like a heck of a good deal to me. Sadly, even though I know the name of the program, it is completely escaping me at the moment. Sigh...

Luggage Valet is a minimum of $90/bag and is essentially a luggage shipping service. It doesn't go on the plane with you.

As for the $20/pp, see above: ^^^ (EZ Check)

Luggage Valet is a minimum of $90/bag and is essentially a luggage shipping service. It doesn't go on the plane with you.

As for the $20/pp, see above: ^^^ (EZ Check)

Yeah, not sure what happened there but, when I started to reply, I didn't show the other replies that are now above mine. Perhaps I "went to the Bahamas" for a bit and spaced out before submitting the post. Of course I may just have been in the Twilight Zone for a while. That would account for it. ;)

EZ Check. :) For $20/pp, Princess will check you in, print your boarding pass, print your airline luggage tag, pick up your luggage, and transport it to the airport. You won't see it from outside your cabin until you arrive at your final destination.

From FLL, your flight must be scheduled no earlier than 11:30am. It's a good idea to fill out the form and return it as soon as you can to the Passenger Services Desk. You won't get your boarding pass or luggage tags until the evening before disembarkation.

How do you sign up for EZ Check? Thanks!

How do you sign up for EZ Check? Thanks!
EZ Check is available in some ports and not all airlines. I know it's available in FLL and Houston, not available in LA or NY. Think it's available in Seattle, not sure about Vancouver or Anchorage. Your final destination has to be in the US.

A few days before the end if your cruise, a form will be delivered to your cabin. You'll fill it out and drop it off at the Passenger Services desk. Bring an extra copy of your flight confirmation to include with the form. Drop it off as soon as you can as I think it's limited. You won't get your boarding pass or luggage tags until the evening before disembarkation since Princess can't check people in for their flights until 24 hours before the flight.

EZ Check is available in some ports and not all airlines. I know it's available in FLL and Houston, not available in LA or NY. Think it's available in Seattle, not sure about Vancouver or Anchorage. Your final destination has to be in the US.

A few days before the end if your cruise, a form will be delivered to your cabin. You'll fill it out and drop it off at the Passenger Services desk. Bring an extra copy of your flight confirmation to include with the form. Drop it off as soon as you can as I think it's limited. You won't get your boarding pass or luggage tags until the evening before disembarkation since Princess can't check people in for their flights until 24 hours before the flight.

Thanks Pam!

Are you sure about Houston?

TIA.

Best money I ever spent on a cruise, do it!

quick question: how do you pay your airline luggage fees on this? Delta charges $25 per bag, so I'd need to pay that. Do they just put it on our ship account?

Just called Princess.....you will pay any baggage fees when you get to the airport. I presume the airline already has been given the bag information even though you won't have it in your hands.

Good question, however we only fly SW so we never pay for luggage.

Sigh. I wish we had Southwest at our little puddle jumper airport! We only have the legacy airlines (and only 2 of those!), so it really costs.

Just called Princess.....you will pay any baggage fees when you get to the airport. I presume the airline already has been given the bag information even though you won't have it in your hands.
Thank you SO much for that info! I hadn't thought about it until today and did a "hmmmm..." moment. Thank you!

quick question: how do you pay your airline luggage fees on this? Delta charges $25 per bag, so I'd need to pay that. Do they just put it on our ship account?

No.

Any luggage fees will be charged to your Princess onboard account.

When you sign up for EZ Check there is a place to indicate if you should not be charged fees (FF status, special Credit Card used, flying 1st class, etc.). If you should not be charged for one or more bags, make sure it is well noted on the form.

If you were charged incorrectly it is hard to get a refund after the cruise. The airline will say it is Princess' fault and Princess will say that is what the airline said to charge.

Disney offers this as well (no additional charge. However, at THEIR prices it better be included, LOL!)

Anyhow, it was a problem for us. We paid for our airfare with our AA MasterCard which, allows us one free bag per passenger. Disney still charged us for the bags.:( Numerous phone calls and red-tape "we'll credit it back." Never happened. We just chalked it up as a learning experience and no longer do 'onboard check-in.' Hopefully we'll fly Southwest for our next cruise.