Archery

and just how do you expect any ship to SAFELY offer such a thing?!

Quite Easily

MAKE SURE NO ONE STANDS IN THE WAY

That wasn't the OP's question though :p

No the IOS doesn't unfortunately

Long gone are the days when they offered clay pigeon shooting of the Aft :(

and just how do you expect any ship to SAFELY offer such a thing?!

Easy. You designate a safe area for it and provide a range with targets. I can guarantee you 100% that there are far MORE people seriously injured on the Flowrider than ever would be in an archery range.

Edited by ryano

Easy. You designate a safe area for it and provide a range with targets. I can guarantee you 100% that there are far MORE people seriously injured on the Flowrider than ever would be in an archery range.

Perhaps, but an arrow through the neck really hurts.

As much as it sounds silly, if Royal could find a way to do it, and it provided a WOW experience for PAX, im sure they would find a way to do it.

Possibly a future option for SeaPlex on Quantum class

Hmmmmm.... Skydiving, zip lining, ice skating, surfing, skeet shooting, rock climbing, gambling, belly flopping. Archery doesn't sound that crazy. I'm just waiting for paint ball!!! :eek:

Now you're talking. I used to play speedball competitively. Throw up an indoor field with bunkers, and some sand floors... niiiice.

But, they'd likely play with gravity feed hoppers, and Tippmans, so the thrill of 25 BPS would not be there :)

We are talking about a cruise line that offers ice skating on Caribbean cruises. Hard to call anything "silly".

.... not to mention billiard tables at sea, miniature golf, and most recently, bumper cars. I don't think anything is too silly anymore. :p

It's having a resurgance of popularity among young people, particularly after several recent movies featuring protagonists that were archers. I don't think it's entirely ridiculous to ask. I'd rather see that than a shooting range, and those are popping up in all kinds of tourist destinations now.

However it somehow brings to mind all the stray arrows flying off the sides of the ship and the outcry from the environmentalists :p

I believe the question was brought up because of a recent review here on CC from somebody who was just on the Independence. :

[Entertainment: Such a choice! We went to the ice show (Freeze Frame) which as always was excellent; the show in Alhambra theatre and the Rock Britannia in the Royal Promenade. Amazing! We did a few quizzes and would have done ice skating, archery etc had we had more time but as the sun was shining (in Oct!) we sunbathed and took advantage of the amazing whirlpools.

/B]

As you can see- she mentioned not having enough time for the "archery".....;)

Edited by Kimmer727